Not a Fists player but that is a nice looking model. If I hadn't got too many projects on the go already I'd be picking that up.

His mechanical arm with an Underlung, looks like, Twin-Volkite Charger and right-handed pointing Power Fist/Sol Glove are defo going to be popular bits with kitbashers.

31 minutes ago, Slips said:

IDK how people keep bein surprised at Forgeworld for making Resin, Legion-Specific Character minis when that was the stated goal: Generics in Plastic, Specifics in Resin.

People just straight up don't read and then have an emotional reaction when they see it.

You'd think a basic piece of information and some reading comprehension would address that, but that's not how most people work.

1 hour ago, Slips said:

IDK how people keep bein surprised at Forgeworld for making Resin, Legion-Specific Character minis when that was the stated goal: Generics in Plastic, Specifics in Resin.

I also dont understand what the issue is regardless. Unless FW has somehow ruined their Resin in recent years, I worked with it PLENTY and no character model I had, came with any issues, or was in any way hard to work with.

Compared to the jigsaw puzzle's we get in plastic these days, they would probably be even easier to convert as well.

The "oh no its resin" reaction just seems so bizarre now.

32 minutes ago, Scribe said:

I also dont understand what the issue is regardless. Unless FW has somehow ruined their Resin in recent years, I worked with it PLENTY and no character model I had, came with any issues, or was in any way hard to work with.

Compared to the jigsaw puzzle's we get in plastic these days, they would probably be even easier to convert as well.

Agree 100%. I’ll take a resin model with logical pieces, over the randomly hacked up statues many modern plastic sculpts. are.

15 hours ago, AGRAMAR said:

I like it. Pity is from FW...and resine.

Don't let that put you off. Over the years I've done tons of Fw resin and it's much better than was. The two EC praetors plus Lucius were joyous and I had zero issues with them..if you like it don't let the FW resin thing put you off a great model.

On 4/30/2023 at 11:31 PM, Lord Marshal said:

I think if the Night Lords Leviathan is any indication, they just don't seem to like actually painting gore? 

They still need to be some sort of child friendly when they sell their models as toys and the US is big market where :cuss:storms are easily started.

Probably the same reason why we lost good looking Juan Diaz Demonettes.

Edited by Xenith
double post

7 minutes ago, Bung said:

They still need to be some sort of child friendly when they sell their models as toys and the US is big market where :cuss:storms are easily started.

God I miss those. Cover up the titty I don't care but holy crap they looked so much cooler.

2 minutes ago, spessmarine said:

No?

99853002307_ArgelTalCrimsonLordLead.jpg

They do gore they just don't do the blood. I think it's more to do with eavy metal painting philosophy and "readability" though.

Nice. Really nice. And beside the fist on his cape are his bling/symbols generic enough for him to be used for any Legion and most 40k chapters without mutch work.

Edited by Gamiel

2 hours ago, Bung said:

The fiends of Slaanesh, the bloodwrack Medusa and probably others I’m forgetting all have exposed breasts so that doesn’t really hold up. 

They also went back to a more second edition inspired look for the bloodletters, making them scrawny and with swords instead of axes. It wasn’t just crab claw daemonettes that took a step back from the Juan Diaz sculpts. They just changed art direction, they could have easily given the daemonettes crop tops without otherwise butchering them.

Juan Diaz’s Demon and Marine sculpts, and Jes Goodwin’s Dark Eldar are to the day some of my favorite models ever produced by GW.

18 hours ago, Scribe said:

I've assembled loads of resin characters over the last few years for Necromunda. Just today I was working on an Escher Shivver & Apprentice Clan Chymist. The models were quicker to assemble than most plastic kits. Almost zero mold lines to cleanup. None of the gates were too difficult to remove. Details were crisp, no miscasts or bubbles etc. That's been my experience with most of the characters over the last few years. So I don't get the resin character hate either.

Now if people want to hate on FW's prices, then that I understand.

5 hours ago, Rain said:

Juan Diaz’s Demon and Marine sculpts, and Jes Goodwin’s Dark Eldar are to the day some of my favorite models ever produced by GW.

Without a doubt.

20 hours ago, Slips said:

Yep but GW, some times, changes of mind without clear reason. Aka Librarians, Esoterist,...

I think there are a couple of reasons people get hope for plastics these days: 
1. They have done it half a dozen times, mostly in Starter boxes sure, but FW does make plastic characters from time to time.

2. The Style shift, if used to be you could look at a mini and immediately see it was a resin sculpt from the detail, but that isnt the case these days, especially with marines where a lot of them could easily be plastic on first sight. In a reversal, its usually the super thick cloth elements that give away resin these days. 

3. Plastic heresy is the big thing these days, i dont think they are making much less resin characters these days really (Not counting the dead years) but people are excited broadly about whats coming to plastic next and that i think skews the brain towards expecting that. 

So yeah, people get hopeful for plastic overall, but then these resin, which is disappointing. 

a) It just costs more, often a lot more depending on circumstances. Personally when im looking at a significant RRP markup, then a lack of LGS discount and then usually a not insignificant postage charge on top of that unless you are ordering a bunch of stuff. Obviously that varies a lot based on country and LGS access but it remains true.

b) You can have screw ups, obviously every production method has its flaws but over decades including working in stores ive only ever seen one truly busted plastic sprue (Which we replaced) and one kit turn up without bases (Which gw replaced) but had loads of resin mishaps or missing bits, which FW usually replace but thats more time and disappointment. Sure you can have good runs, my whole Iron Warriors army came out flawless from FW but its something that exists, not a bogeyman. 

Resin being harder to work always feels like a huge strawman to me, outside of giving them a wash (easy) or larger kits with gates (Which really are for experts) its no harder to work with really, i mean its possible ive just dont so many i gloss over it, but ive also built a lot of metal over the years and avoid it like the plague :D 

So yeah, a mix of some legit problems and good old "hope => disappointment" is why most people get grumpy about resin. And if you are expecting people to act purely rationally on the internet you are frankly an idiot :P 

1 hour ago, Noserenda said:

I think there are a couple of reasons people get hope for plastics these days: 
1. They have done it half a dozen times, mostly in Starter boxes sure, but FW does make plastic characters from time to time.

2. The Style shift, if used to be you could look at a mini and immediately see it was a resin sculpt from the detail, but that isnt the case these days, especially with marines where a lot of them could easily be plastic on first sight. In a reversal, its usually the super thick cloth elements that give away resin these days. 

3. Plastic heresy is the big thing these days, i dont think they are making much less resin characters these days really (Not counting the dead years) but people are excited broadly about whats coming to plastic next and that i think skews the brain towards expecting that. 

So yeah, people get hopeful for plastic overall, but then these resin, which is disappointing. 

a) It just costs more, often a lot more depending on circumstances. Personally when im looking at a significant RRP markup, then a lack of LGS discount and then usually a not insignificant postage charge on top of that unless you are ordering a bunch of stuff. Obviously that varies a lot based on country and LGS access but it remains true.

b) You can have screw ups, obviously every production method has its flaws but over decades including working in stores ive only ever seen one truly busted plastic sprue (Which we replaced) and one kit turn up without bases (Which gw replaced) but had loads of resin mishaps or missing bits, which FW usually replace but thats more time and disappointment. Sure you can have good runs, my whole Iron Warriors army came out flawless from FW but its something that exists, not a bogeyman. 

Resin being harder to work always feels like a huge strawman to me, outside of giving them a wash (easy) or larger kits with gates (Which really are for experts) its no harder to work with really, i mean its possible ive just dont so many i gloss over it, but ive also built a lot of metal over the years and avoid it like the plague :D 

So yeah, a mix of some legit problems and good old "hope => disappointment" is why most people get grumpy about resin. And if you are expecting people to act purely rationally on the internet you are frankly an idiot :P 

The fact that Fafnir Rann and Dominion Zephon were the first two models released in the HH 2.0 era gave people unrealistic hope that their faction's model would be similarly blessed. Everyone who is saying "Forgeworld = Resin" are right, but you can't blame people for keeping hope alive :-)

Love the model and further cements my belief that my 2nd legion will be Imperial Fists.

But for the immediate future, apart from the detail on the cloak, he dosen't have any iconography that wouldn't work in my Black Templars, who I haven't made a Terminator Marshal for yet. I'll just need an appropriately hefty stormshield for the left arm or maybe turn the volkite into a cool underslung combi-weapon. To the BITZ BOX!