Horus Heresy Roadmap (2023-2024)

Looks like the Deredeo is finally arriving in plastic, what's the Lords of War going to be though? They already cockteased people who were speculating about the Fellblade and Mastrodon etc with the sponson update for them, is it actually going to be one of the tanks, or are they just going straight to Thunderhawk and co?

Yeah deredeo all but confirmed. Really don’t understand the updated MKIII though. Yeah the current ones are a little stunty, but you’re still unable to buy MKII in any form whatsoever. Also I’m not even particularly loving the new aesthetic. 

IMG_6370.jpeg

I diagree with the Mk3 update, doesn't really need it and can be sure they'll cut out some of the options from the current kit and have them like the Mk6 kit. Also the wait for the assault squads has been way too long. At this rate it will be another 3 years before the troops choices are all in plastic.

Just now, matcap86 said:

Really interested in what the mystery army release will be. (Dark) Mechanicus seems the one that's most "New Army" to me?

That or Sisters of Silence, wich have a lot of unreleased options for horus heresy ? ( I think the new part is mostly referencing to the plastic status.)

I could also see either of them also getting 40k codex in the same period ( wich has only Admech and Necron codexes in that quarter )

2 minutes ago, Torvak Kyre said:

Yeah deredeo all but confirmed. Really don’t understand the updated MKIII though. Yeah the current ones are a little stunty, but you’re still unable to buy MKII in any form whatsoever. Also I’m not even particularly loving the new aesthetic. 

IMG_6370.jpeg

I am more of a Mechanicum person, so the finer details of the various Mks is beyond me, cut could they be MkII similar to the gunner in the plastic tank kits?

Quite happy about all of these - I'm kinda relieved that it's plastic Mk3 and not Mk5, as the latter would mean I'd have to do my idea for a World Eaters army, and I don't think my bank account, or painting schedule (but mainly my bank account :laugh:) could stand that and EPIC coming out around the same time :sweat:

The only thing I'm dreading is another dripfeed of 18 sets of MKIII upgrade helmets...

On the redesign. I love the mkIIIs and have been using 3d printed parts to rescale them to the mkVI style. I really like the fact these will be rescaled to less stunty size. What I don't really like is the sort of Phobos bolters in the picture, which seem really overly chunky. 

2 minutes ago, Trokair said:

I am more of a Mechanicum person, so the finer details of the various Mks is beyond me, cut could they be MkII similar to the gunner in the plastic tank kits?

The smooth leg plates are MkIII. MkII has that stepped armour there. And the visors have a bridge in the middle separating the eyes unlike the single slot for MkII. 

Just now, soviet1337 said:

Maybe the MkIII have been recut to fit the existing weapon upgrade sets? Ad to be compatible with assault weapon sets going forward? 

I kinda hope not, MKIII weapons are quite different to what the MKVI take visually.