Horus Heresy Roadmap (2023-2024)

I don't understand why we're getting a mk3 resculpt before Mk2, unless it's so they can use them as a basis for breachers? But no mention of it.

I don't understand the release schedule at all, actually. They're previewing Assault marines that won't be available until winter because they know they aren't delivering what people want to buy. Who planned this? Why did they think we wouldn't need space marines for our space marines armies?

I can see myself not buying any more HH models until winter. Is that the aim of a preview? I'm frustrated because things like the knight would be so exciting if the basics were already available.

7 minutes ago, de Selby said:

I don't understand why we're getting a mk3 resculpt before Mk2, unless it's so they can use them as a basis for breachers? But no mention of it.

The rumour goes that MKII is a pain in the arse to make in plastic because of the armour plates in the legs not being friendly to injection moulding. Supposedly it's why Burning of Prospero was MKII, despite the fluff for Wolves and Thousand Sons putting them in a lot of MKII, as they'd originally planned for it to be II. I'd have put money on us getting revamped MKIV so I'm surprised.

7 minutes ago, de Selby said:

I don't understand the release schedule at all, actually. They're previewing Assault marines that won't be available until winter because they know they aren't delivering what people want to buy. Who planned this? Why did they think we wouldn't need space marines for our space marines armies?

I can see myself not buying any more HH models until winter. Is that the aim of a preview? I'm frustrated because things like the knight would be so exciting if the basics were already available.

People were complaining from Day 1 that GW hadn't announced plastic Assault Marines and they wanted 'news' about them. So... here's the news about them? 

Edited by Lord Marshal

4 minutes ago, de Selby said:

I mean summer is full on focus on 10th edition 40k so I assume that's why there's not that much stuff coming out for other systems then. 

3 minutes ago, Triszin said:

Chances for a plastic mastadon being the lord of war?

After pulling it from the shop not too long ago to make it compatible with plastic sponsons? Would be a little weird to me, but anything's possible.

11 minutes ago, Lord Marshal said:

People were complaining from Day 1 that GW hadn't announced plastic Assault Marines and they wanted 'news' about them. So... here's the news about them? 

Yeah, it's the information that's being revealed that is frustrating, rather than the fact it is being revealed. New Mk3 box being a higher priority than assault marines box is blowing my mind.

Hype train! All aboard!

New assault marines with MK VI ( can be used as Despoilers also) are nice, very nice and plastic Deredeo and the renovation of MK III looks a fact so i'm really happy. The new characters are from FW...but the First Reaver is going to fall in my hands. It's the type of character miniature I was looking for! Plastic Legion Command is more than ok. I have mine, half plastic half resine but let's see the miniatures first. 

And an other Primarch miniature? Or a new Sanguinius or Khan on bike.

This is very interesting and exciting.

I only ask the prices won't rocket...

Edited by AGRAMAR

6 minutes ago, Astartes Consul said:

Did I imagine that they said it would be new? Which would rule out Custodes.

Demons would be 40k marketable as well. 

As far as I can find in the vod they only said 

A mystery army release in winter, who knows what that could be? Could be anything...

Another good bet would be Mechanicus as Winter lines up with the 40k mechanicus codex so they could add new plastic units into 40k

Edited by Matrindur

4 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

I'm betting on the mystery army being custodes as they can also market them to 40k buyers

They already have their Liber army list and they said mystery.

Not luch of a mystery if you already have sour rules no ain't it? ;)

I guess they mean demons although we already know that they get and army so...

Dark Mechanicum?

47 minutes ago, Dezron said:

Crackpot theory, new plastic Lords of War are Stormbird and Thunderhawk. 

Less crackpot theory, we're getting more plastic Knights. 

Thunderhawk in plastic would be amazing. Stormbird... that's so huge. Maybe plastic Warhound Titan?

8 minutes ago, darkhorse0607 said:

For everyone talking about the Primarch. During the stream they said it was a Primarch that changed during the Heresy from his original form. So unless they count the Khan getting on and off a bike, don't think it's him. Or any loyalist for that matter

Fulgrim? 

New Primarch is Lorgar Transfigured, I'd bet my hat on it. They talked about how some Primarchs "changed over the course of the heresy, becoming very different"*. I don't really think getting on and off of a jetbike is a serious change for Jaghatai, and unless they want to make resin models for the Daemon Primarchs, that leaves us with Lorgar, doesn't it?

*Paraphrasing a little here.

2 hours ago, fire golem said:

The smooth leg plates are MkIII. MkII has that stepped armour there. And the visors have a bridge in the middle separating the eyes unlike the single slot for MkII. 

Nop sry my man mk 3 also has stepped armour but it's covered by reinforced plate on the front. And my guess is that since they couldn't design the all around stepped look for teh plastic molds they went :cuss: it lets just go and redesign mk3 and than mk2 to these grotesques. God I dislike these so much... The 40k death guard look great why couldn't they have taken a que from those. Sheesh...

Just now, Stre4 said:

Nop sry my man mk 3 also has stepped armour but it's covered by reinforced plate on the front. And my guess is that since they couldn't design the all around stepped look for teh plastic molds they went :cuss: it lets just go and redesign mk3 and than mk2 to these grotesques. God I dislike these so much... The 40k death guard look great why couldn't they have taken a que from those. Sheesh...

Well yeah they do also have that armour, but not on the front, which is what we’re seeing here. 

58 minutes ago, Legionary Pallas said:

New Primarch is Lorgar Transfigured, I'd bet my hat on it. They talked about how some Primarchs "changed over the course of the heresy, becoming very different"*. I don't really think getting on and off of a jetbike is a serious change for Jaghatai, and unless they want to make resin models for the Daemon Primarchs, that leaves us with Lorgar, doesn't it?

*Paraphrasing a little here.

Khan on Jetbike was stated by Simon Egan to be being worked on, which is the only known Primarch model not to have been released yet

Edited by Gederas