Assault Marines CAD Preview

10 hours ago, Gederas said:

Well, I mean we all knew this was going to be Mark 6.

We do have updated Mark III coming out before it according to the roadmap

Except it didn't have to be. Admittedly it was likely given the push for MkVI.

Edited by Hfran Morkai
Phone multi-posted

I dig these a lot, sure the straps are a little high, but I think they'll still look pretty good once painted. I get the exasperation with another MkVI body, but it does work for me. If I had one issue, it's the helmets look a little small, that could be an artifact of how they're assembling and scaling the elements for the render. The Jump pack design adds some extra variety to my collection, so, again a thing that works specifically for my plans. My other general worry is that GW will do the whole Legs and Torso combined thing again, which fair, some people like, but I do prefer my kit bashing.

16 minutes ago, Gederas said:

Well, I mean we all knew this was going to be Mark 6.

We do have updated Mark III coming out before it according to the roadmap

Sorry, I meant for Assault Marines specifically, but I do agree this was always the most likely mark. 

It actually strikes me as the best they could drag together in the time they had available since the pounding they took from people when they released resin kits and nothing else.  Someone obviously got told to get something together as quickly as possible in time for warhammerfest.

Im not complaining though, the grey renders give me an idea of how my space wolves will look!   hehehehe

1 hour ago, Doghouse said:

They will do the job but corvus never really struck me as the kind of armour you'd want on assault troops. They should look nice on Raven Guard.

In the Deathwatch RPG mkVI is great for assault troops - better autosenses and a small agility buff compared with the clunkier marks.

3 hours ago, fire golem said:

The renders don’t wow me but I think they’ll look good actually painted and not just flat grey. I’d like to see another mark at some point, I love 6 and obviously every legion did have it, but these don’t particularly look like they overly fit my idea of some of the legions. Still, glad to see they exist!

Looks like new and improved MKIII, at the very least, is coming out. 

Its quite surprising that they dont seem to have the newer chainsword design first shown in the Sky-hunter box and then that resin despoiler kit.

EDIT: Also note the elbow pads on these assault marines are same as MK6 Tactical, not the rounded type seen on the resin despoiler kit. So those are clearly separately designed pieces and not jsut a copy-paste from the assualt kit. Interesting.  Lots of armour tweaks being seen.

Edited by dickyelsdon

45 minutes ago, dickyelsdon said:

Its quite surprising that they dont seem to have the newer chainsword design first shown in the Sky-hunter box and then that resin despoiler kit.

I found that surprising as well. The handguard looks similar to that of the upcoming resin chainswords, but the casing of it doesn't look as slim, and lacks the raised section at the tip.

2 hours ago, Marshal Mittens said:

Looks like new and improved MKIII, at the very least, is coming out. 

3 hours ago, fire golem said:

Sorry, I meant for Assault Marines specifically, but I do agree this was always the most likely mark. 

4 hours ago, beefeb said:

It actually strikes me as the best they could drag together in the time they had available since the pounding they took from people when they released resin kits and nothing else.  Someone obviously got told to get something together as quickly as possible in time for warhammerfest.

Im not complaining though, the grey renders give me an idea of how my space wolves will look!   hehehehe

Think HH did a bit better than expected so there are scrambling to get news to share. Otherwise it'd be like Aeronautica where you would barely hear anything at all.

Given what we have heard about GW’s production lead times, they are probably already producing these and the boxes are at the printers. So it is kinda silly they just show renders as if the designers finished them yesterday. 

3 minutes ago, Burni said:

Given what we have heard about GW’s production lead times, they are probably already producing these and the boxes are at the printers. So it is kinda silly they just show renders as if the designers finished them yesterday. 

If I recall they did the same with the World Eaters? Showed some chainaxes but the following weak a picture was leaked which showed all the new kits even if it was a potato cam.

Wow about time we saw some assault boys. Digging the mark 4 style assault harness. Was hoping a bit that the jump pack was a one off for Zephon but I suppose it is a good precursor design to the mark 12 we all know from 40k. Combat shield. Brilliant glad those are in the kit. Also glad they aren't on flying stands and curious to see the arms and chainsword designs aren't the same as the despoilers.

9 hours ago, dickyelsdon said:

EDIT: Also note the elbow pads on these assault marines are same as MK6 Tactical, not the rounded type seen on the resin despoiler kit. So those are clearly separately designed pieces and not jsut a copy-paste from the assualt kit. Interesting.  Lots of armour tweaks being seen.

The sky hunter one seems to actually be a Cavalry type sword longer and less of a heavy pommel. The variation in the chainswords is pretty cool. Despoilers having heavier versions since they aren't jump troops although I wish the jump marines had the same arms as the despoilers they got that extra elbow servo like the heavy weapons I imagine is there to add more power to thier strikes.