Strike Force Justian (Space Marine Heroes + Kill Team)

Revealed on the Kill Team stream.

C7dVyUNLY3EYPwPj.jpg

FvCjbsXWcAImKID?format=jpg&name=large

This kill team may have a locked-down loadout, but they each come with a choice of two heads – and their great base stats and straightforward rules make them a brilliant starting team for new players. The back of each card also provides one of the Ploys available to the team, and includes a QR code for quick access to the Kill Team Lite Rules.

Strike Force Justian is a standalone kill team, separate from the Phobos Strike Team, Intercession Squad, or Space Marine Compendium kill teams. They’re designed as a straightforward and self-contained entry point, and so lack the team-wide abilities and equipment options of their peers – on the other hand, they do have a Captain.

Edited by Lord Marshal

Each blind box will contain one randomly selected operative from Strike Force Justian, with a datacard covering their stats, weapons, keywords, unique actions, and abilities.

This kill team may have a locked-down loadout, but they each come with a choice of two heads – and their great base stats and straightforward rules make them a brilliant starting team for new players. The back of each card also provides one of the Ploys available to the team,

They’re designed as a straightforward and self-contained entry point, and so lack the team-wide abilities and equipment options of their peers

So completely lacking in mechanical customisability, but they bring the Biggest Marine in the game so far.
I recon their rules are gonna end up in the Annual.

Nice that they're making this release a sly Kill Team release too :biggrin: 

To be honest, I wish they'd made Marine Kill Teams like this from the start of the new edition - it makes sense to have a mix of Marine 'types' for a special selected 'spec ops' squad. Another set I'll be picking up! :smile:

3 minutes ago, firestorm40k said:

Nice that they're making this release a sly Kill Team release too :biggrin: 

To be honest, I wish they'd made Marine Kill Teams like this from the start of the new edition - it makes sense to have a mix of Marine 'types' for a special selected 'spec ops' squad. Another set I'll be picking up! :smile:

I predict some people will use this as a stand-in Deathwatch until they get a Bespoke

Hey, wasn't this series called Space Marine Heroes before? Was it renamed and I just didn't notice, or am I imagining things?

I like the idea, but I can't say I'm terribly excited for Intercession Squad 2: Electric Boogaloo. Tyranids, Death Guard, Craftworlds*, Grey Knights and Talons are still on Compendium life support and could really use a shot in the arm.

*Though if that teaser is anything to go by, hopefully not for long.

3 minutes ago, Legionary Pallas said:

Hey, wasn't this series called Space Marine Heroes before? Was it renamed and I just didn't notice, or am I imagining things?

Good spot, yes it was - I expect changing the name like this means they can do fantasy/AoS themed series. Also, potentially, other 40k sets - I'm sure a group of Eldar would be massively popular :smile:

5 minutes ago, Legionary Pallas said:

I like the idea, but I can't say I'm terribly excited for Intercession Squad 2: Electric Boogaloo. Tyranids, Death Guard, Craftworlds*, Grey Knights and Talons are still on Compendium life support and could really use a shot in the arm.

Daemons also are currently Compendium only.

Ugh... no thanks.

I went in for the Terminators because they had distinctive poses and details that you couldn't get from the regular box. The blind box model is annoying, but I endured it for unique models.

These guys are basically indistinguishable from their regular counterparts.

Edited by Shinespider

Seems like it will be an excellent kill team though? 

And visually, it’s easily the most diverse looking kill team too, due to having a mix of the three core armour types, variants of the tacticus is visible and there’s a variety of poses relevant to the role the model has. Plus they have continued the whole both helmeted and bare head options too.

I like that the captain is basically a remake of the classic marine commander kit, probably has a bionic eye on them helm too

Just now, Blindhamster said:

Seems like it will be an excellent kill team though? 

And visually, it’s easily the most diverse looking kill team too, due to having a mix of the three core armour types, variants of the tacticus is visible and there’s a variety of poses relevant to the role the model has. Plus they have continued the whole both helmeted and bare head options too.

I like that the captain is basically a remake of the classic marine commander kit, probably has a bionic eye on them helm too

That's a good point actually 

Interesting to see they offering kill team rules for the specific figures this time. I do enjoy the kinder egg feeling of getting the surprise figure every time. If they keep the pricing under $10 Canadian like they were for the previous series my stores had available, I will probably impulse grab one or two whenever I go to my local.

Edited by Arikel
spelling

I'd have loved to have had a cool Sgt sculpt in the box, but I'll certainly look to pick them up, I assume it'll either be a box of 8 or 10 with the 7 unique models and 1-3 duplicates if you go for the guaranteed selection.