Strike Force Justian (Space Marine Heroes + Kill Team)

1 minute ago, MadEdric said:

Just nope. I'm not playing collect them all with a game that should not be like this.

Heroes were fine for collecting alternate sculpts for your army, but not for building a KT.

It looks like you could just buy box and get all of them though. Like with Heroes, it was silly to actually buy them one by one if you're trying to get all of them, as at least the recent cartons have one of each.

In fairness, this entire kill team can be built easily enough from other kits. To me the, the models are cool and may be worthwhile for collectors- I am certainly interested in a few of them.

Whilst I agree that collecting them all could be tedious, actually using this team in the game will not be difficult to do.

6 minutes ago, WrathOfTheLion said:

It looks like you could just buy box and get all of them though. Like with Heroes, it was silly to actually buy them one by one if you're trying to get all of them, as at least the recent cartons have one of each.

True, but $15 USD x8 is a bit steep. Worth it for the collectors out there, perhaps. But one could buy a box of intercessors and ~a box of heavies/character and eliminators for that much.

All depends on how badly someone wants the unique sculpts, I s’pose.

22 minutes ago, WrathOfTheLion said:

Much better than I thought. Early morning kneejerk reaction from me.

23 minutes ago, Khornestar said:

True, but $15 USD x8 is a bit steep. Worth it for the collectors out there, perhaps. But one could buy a box of intercessors and ~a box of heavies/character and eliminators for that much.

All depends on how badly someone wants the unique sculpts, I s’pose.

There's 2 of these guys I particularly want and I'll probably have to look at ebay for them. For the captain I'm happy to pay around the same price as regular character go for, for the other guy I'm not so sure, not as much as the captain certainly.

I like the idea of a more diverse strike force. If the rules are easily available and you can use models from your own collection this could be nice.

Obviously blind boxes suck though.

2 hours ago, LittlePlasticHomies said:      What’s the thing on the reloading guy’s hip? Looks like a lightsaber and I’m assuming that we’re still a hostile takeover away from a crossover episode

I'm pretty sure that's the rifle's scope.

Edited by Squark

I can easily DA up all of these, and it'll be a fun way to get models without having to shell out $50 for a squad.  Duplicates will just mean more Intercessors, I figure.

1 hour ago, KiltedMarine said:

I can easily DA up all of these, and it'll be a fun way to get models without having to shell out $50 for a squad.  Duplicates will just mean more Intercessors, I figure.

Do you get a discount when you buy a whole box, or something?

29 minutes ago, Khornestar said:

Do you get a discount when you buy a whole box, or something?

You know you're not getting duplicates if you buy the box, which presumably works out cheaper than 'blind buying' 7+ individual ones.

I liked the previous Space Marine Heroes sets as they were one of the few source of new original Marines. With the release of Terminators and the Heresy however there’s been a bit of a reversal. I’m glad it’s Warhammer Heroes now, presumably this will mean other factions will get a look in now.

I think this concept Works better if they didnt do it "halfway"... have more different models from more different factions at once, instead of faction based seasons, And instead of linking it to an excisting game with a different Standard approach, link it to a game around this concept, they dont even need to invent a new game, as they have the perfect one for such a concept : combat arena, Where a single blind buy is usable on its own, even if you dont get one for your regular army.

2 hours ago, TheMawr said:

I think this concept Works better if they didnt do it "halfway"... have more different models from more different factions at once, instead of faction based seasons, And instead of linking it to an excisting game with a different Standard approach, link it to a game around this concept, they dont even need to invent a new game, as they have the perfect one for such a concept : combat arena, Where a single blind buy is usable on its own, even if you dont get one for your regular army.

Totally agree. Use the opportunity to make the Raven Guardiest sniper, the bloodiest of angels, etc. Given that they're designed for more of a general modeler collector audience which isn't presumably worried about it fitting into an army cohesively, go whole hog. Kill Team Cassius was a great idea – it's time to do it again!

Screen Shot 2023-05-02 at 4.55.06 AM.png

Edited by Flaherty
Better pic

On 5/1/2023 at 8:50 AM, MadEdric said:

Just nope. I'm not playing collect them all with a game that should not be like this.

Heroes were fine for collecting alternate sculpts for your army, but not for building a KT.

I'm actually kinda pissed the first set doesn't have kill team rules when they so clearly are one with all the roles represented.

It’s like the one guy at GW who doesn’t like space marines is in charge of Kill Team. I like these but much like the Infiltrators, there’s not much creativity here. Especially compared to some of the other teams or addon sprues we’ve seen.

Will probably skip them. I like the Captain but I have soooo many now, including the store birthday one which is similar. 

The trademark become "warhammer heroes" from "space marine heroes". Maybe products of other factions later.

I don't know whether it is a human or xenos, but according to the concept of this product line, it should be:

1. human shape.

2. could be equipped with various wargears to represent different functions in KT games.

3. not a too cheap expendable cannon fodder unit(in 40K tabletop rules) - very few players have interest to pay £7 to have a cultist of unique pose.

Edited by Tokugawa