To Scour, or Not to Scour?

On 5/23/2023 at 9:49 PM, Felix Antipodes said:

@EverythingIsGreat All good points.  I’m not saying the Inquisition couldn’t have taken part in these events, they probably did if they existed that early in the Scouring, just that these events don’t match the role(s) that they were doing in their earliest appearance we have seen so far.

As for being feared by all, I’m sure they were.  However, that doesn’t mean that those at the apex of power wouldn’t have put in place checks and balances to protect them from their own creation - if they had indeed been a planned creation.

It will be interesting to see the direction BL goes if/when they ever explore the early origins of our Inquisitional lords and masters.

I thought that during the Heresy, one of the Inquisition (a former Sister of Silence) already ordered Exterminatus!

(She was the first normal human to do so!)

2 hours ago, Felix Antipodes said:

Not that I recall.  Can you provide the book it appeared in so I can check?

Its a short story/novella with the sister of silence turned proto inqusitor (heaven forbid they leave even 1 40k concept out of the hh) who ends up calling exterminatus on a world. 

No idea what its called but i remember it in broad stroaks too. 

4 hours ago, Nagashsnee said:

Its a short story/novella with the sister of silence turned proto inqusitor (heaven forbid they leave even 1 40k concept out of the hh) who ends up calling exterminatus on a world. 

No idea what its called but i remember it in broad stroaks too. 

I think I remember it too, vaguely. To be fair, world kills happened at least a few times during the GC for a variety of reasons (though Exterminatus as a term may have been codified later). And I think the lore of the Inquisition as a force/institution that was a direct result of the HH has been around a very long time, before the BL series started.

Edited by EverythingIsGreat
typo

1 hour ago, EverythingIsGreat said:

I think I remember it too, vaguely. To be fair, world kills happened at least a few times during the GC for a variety of reasons (though Exterminatus as a term may have been codified later). And I think the lore of the Inquisition as a force/institution that was a direct result of the HH has been around a very long time, before the BL series started.

The Siege created a power vaccuum which the Inquisition filled. Trust in Marines has decreased severely, especially on Terra