Combi-weapons in 10th

To be fair, we're still not sure how the Leviathan instruction sheet rules fit in with everything. My current theory is they were put together before a shift in development that gave us the Index Rules. The Tyranids also have a few oddities (like the Neurogaunts being anti-psyker +2 in CC).

We'll find out soon if the codex ruled hew closer to these or not (I'm guessing not)

1 hour ago, ZeroWolf said:

To be fair, we're still not sure how the Leviathan instruction sheet rules fit in with everything. My current theory is they were put together before a shift in development that gave us the Index Rules. The Tyranids also have a few oddities (like the Neurogaunts being anti-psyker +2 in CC).

We'll find out soon if the codex ruled hew closer to these or not (I'm guessing not)

Combi-melta will be the bees knees for Marines if those turn out to be the final rules in the codex. Marines struggle a bit with anti-tank in this edition but Anti-Vehicle 4+, Devastating Wounds and Melta 2 will really make short work of most targets, especially if OOMed.

A 10 man squad within 12" will get 20 shots so 17 Hits with OOM and then 13 Wounds. This works out to 40 Wounds against any vehicle, even one with an Invuln. I have to think that is too powerful as a squad of Sternguard in a Pod can easily 1-shot a Knight.

4 hours ago, Karhedron said:

Combi-melta will be the bees knees for Marines if those turn out to be the final rules in the codex. Marines struggle a bit with anti-tank in this edition but Anti-Vehicle 4+, Devastating Wounds and Melta 2 will really make short work of most targets, especially if OOMed.

A 10 man squad within 12" will get 20 shots so 17 Hits with OOM and then 13 Wounds. This works out to 40 Wounds against any vehicle, even one with an Invuln. I have to think that is too powerful as a squad of Sternguard in a Pod can easily 1-shot a Knight.

Don't expect it.