10th Ed Imperial Knights preview discussion

6 hours ago, TechCaptain said:

The feel no pain is going to go a long way to help Imperial Knights in Melee too. 

It depends- running Taranis I couldn't ever count on the 6+ FNP, as even if statistically I should be getting 16% wounds back it would be completely up to dice rolls. Not saying that it wasn't useful or help me win on occasion when an Armiger passed 5 of his 6 FNP against various baddies in melee, but like anything dependent on a die roll, it is variable. It is a boost to durability, but we'll really want to complete the Oaths to get to the 5+++. 

I'm all for a 5+++, really the question now is what does Bondsmen do in 10th and what strats we are getting. While the previewed one is nice, I'm hoping Rotate Ion and calculated targeting survived.

Also the RFBC/AGC Crusader has a massive amount of shots this edition, especially at close range with stubber support.

22 hours ago, TechCaptain said:

Very fair and I agree. I played Taranis once and found Vulkar worked better for me because rerolls on the to hit are just powerful. 

Looks like we can take "Lay low the Tyrants" and get the best of both worlds in 10th. :smile:

The addition of an infantry squad to hold backfield Objectives or perform actions is definitely a useful possibility. My one concern is it might end up diluting the focus of the army by simply providing an easy target for your opponent's anti-infantry guns. Still, definitely worth experimenting with I think. I have a small force of Skitarii that I built at the end of 8th with this plan in mind but the changes to 9th made it not worth running them. I might dust them off and use to represent household retainers but using Arbites or Breachers rules.

On 6/2/2023 at 2:28 AM, Lord Lorne Walkier said:

I plan on souping in a squad or two of Imperial agents.  I will have a 10 man Arbites and 10 man Navel Breachers.  I have =][= 's and a Callidus.    Not sure how many points i want to spend but the mix might catch some people off guard.

I was planning to add a Vindicare to my Knight list.  Previously the main area I struggled was dealing with character auras, because I couldn't target the characters effectively.  I'm not sure that is as big of a deal in 10th, but I still like the idea of that lone sniper in the midst of an army of Knights.

9 hours ago, Tokugawa said:

Brechers have an amazing LD of 8+. Intended making them less reliable, when used for home object holding by factions having less or none infantries.

Hmm, that is disappointing. I guess I need to always read the fine print.

I had a similar thought, I have a squad of breachers and painting them up to match my knights (slightly off House Raven - red with yellow accents and bronze trim) instead of like a Navy unit is tempting - probably more as a 'push into terrain Knights can't enter' than as a backfield unit though as it fits the breacher gear better.

So if the parallels between chaos knights and ours are still true we can get some info on loyal brothers from the heretics.

Freeblade/Dreadblade: It's just one titanic or 3 wardogs(armigars), can't be the warlord or take enhancements. If we follow suit this is a bit of a better change for us as we can now take a mix of armigars instead of just a squad of one type.

Diabolic Bulwark: Rotate Ion seems to still be on the menu.

Wardog Autocannon: So our helverin AC looks to be Rng 48" S9, AP -1, D3 at 4 shots. So a four shot autocannon which I'm personally ok with as that is 8 shots flat instead of our old 4-12.

I'll post thoughts on the Tyrant/Dominus after lunch. Least someone just wants to post the datasheet wholesale.

Now that we got points, feels like 3/5 will be the baseline way to go  , throwing in one or two enhancement depending on which specific chassis you end using

2 crusaders, 1 warden, 2 helverin and 3 warglaives for example leaves exactly 40 points for anything from revered knight to unyelding paragon

Have to say, the more i think about it in context of how much more it looks like other armies will be able to field, the less one extra armiger feels like it's enough

3/5 looks pretty good and will probably be the tournament staple, though I think 2/8 might also work out depending on your local meta- stuffing 5-6 Warglaives down the opponent's throat is going to be hard to take, especially with a couple of Helverins providing backup firepower and two Questoris stomping around. Right now I'm waiting on Cerastus points/rules as my third "big" Knight is an Atropos (until I get another Questoris or a Dominus), so my starting list right now is this-

Paladin w/Mysterious Guardian (425pts)
Warden w/Mythic Hero (445pts)
Helverin (145pts)
Helverin (145pts)
Warglaive (140pts)
Warglaive (140pts)
Warglaive (140pts)
Warglaive (140pts)
Warglaive (140pts)
Vindicare Assassin (80pts)
Voidsmen-At-Arms (40pts)
Total - 1980 points

Gives me plenty of points left so that I can switch up the Paladin or Warden for any of the other Questoris, depending on how I feel like they play. 

Edited by Lord_Ikka

Right now this is my starting list because we don't have forge world points yet. 

HOUSE FÁSACHA OMEN Army Faction: Imperium

• Game Mode: Grand Tournament
  • Army Size: Strikeforce
  • Regimental Doctrines:

Noble Lance DETACHMENT

• Faction: Imperial Knights

Armiger Warglaive (140)

• Meltagun

Armiger Warglaive (140)

• Questor heavy stubber

Armiger Helverin (145)

• Questor heavy stubber

Knight Castellan (495) Ellén Trechend

• 2x Twin Siegebreaker Cannons/ 1x Shieldbreaker Missile Launcher

Knight Crusader (440) Golden Baron

• Warlord
  • Rapid-fire battle cannon/Questor Heavy Stubber
  • Stormspear Missile Pod
  • Mythic Hero

Knight Preceptor (410) Catháin

• Icarus Autocannons
  • Mysterious Guardian

Vindicare Assassin (80)

Lord Inquisitor Kyria Draxus (75) I

nquisitorial Henchmen (70)

Total Command Points:

Reinforcement Points:

Total Points: 1995/2000

Edited by TechCaptain

On 6/17/2023 at 3:26 AM, Lord_Ikka said:

3/5 looks pretty good and will probably be the tournament staple, though I think 2/8 might also work out depending on your local meta- stuffing 5-6 Warglaives down the opponent's throat is going to be hard to take, especially with a couple of Helverins providing backup firepower and two Questoris stomping around. Right now I'm waiting on Cerastus points/rules as my third "big" Knight is an Atropos (until I get another Questoris or a Dominus), so my starting list right now is this-

Paladin w/Mysterious Guardian (425pts)
Warden w/Mythic Hero (445pts)
Helverin (145pts)
Helverin (145pts)
Warglaive (140pts)
Warglaive (140pts)
Warglaive (140pts)
Warglaive (140pts)
Warglaive (140pts)
Vindicare Assassin (80pts)
Voidsmen-At-Arms (40pts)
Total - 1980 points

Gives me plenty of points left so that I can switch up the Paladin or Warden for any of the other Questoris, depending on how I feel like they play. 

I love that there is no penalty for not taking 3 Questoris.  I think 2/8+ will prove if nothing else, intimidating.  Is the Paly a freeblade?  I can't see clearly a non freeblade having that ability....  Maybe your Household has a ancient, one knight only, teleport pad?  Love the agent soup.  Do the Voids have a Knight, Men-at arms feel?  How dose the Sniper fit into the story?  Love that there is no Special characters.  20 point tax... 1 %

On 6/17/2023 at 6:22 PM, TechCaptain said:

Right now this is my starting list because we don't have forge world points yet. 

HOUSE FÁSACHA OMEN Army Faction: Imperium

• Game Mode: Grand Tournament
  • Army Size: Strikeforce
  • Regimental Doctrines:

Noble Lance DETACHMENT

• Faction: Imperial Knights

Armiger Warglaive (140)

• Meltagun

Armiger Warglaive (140)

• Questor heavy stubber

Armiger Helverin (145)

• Questor heavy stubber

Knight Castellan (495) Ellén Trechend

• 2x Twin Siegebreaker Cannons/ 1x Shieldbreaker Missile Launcher

Knight Crusader (440) Golden Baron

• Warlord
  • Rapid-fire battle cannon/Questor Heavy Stubber
  • Stormspear Missile Pod
  • Mythic Hero

Knight Preceptor (410) Catháin

• Icarus Autocannons
  • Mysterious Guardian

Vindicare Assassin (80)

Lord Inquisitor Kyria Draxus (75) I

nquisitorial Henchmen (70)

Total Command Points:

Reinforcement Points:

Total Points: 1995/2000

Odd that you listed the Dogs.... errr Armigers first, possible Code Chivalric violation. Not sure why exactly but the list was a bit difficult to absorb.   Nice to see the wargear options you chose.   Again, nice that there is no 3 Questoris rule.  so We call this a 1/2/3 ?  Special Char... yuk.  So yet another Agent (=][=) soup.  I too have a soup force.  Do you consider yourself to be a Ordo Questoris?  5 point tax.  Very nice.  .25%

I'm going 3/3 +  =][= soup.

HOUSE Quill-Thorn.  Army Faction: Imperium

Faction: Imperial Knights

Paladin w/UNYIELDING PARAGON (430pts)

Ironstorm, Reaper, heavy stubber.

Warlord,

Preceptor (375pts)

Stormspear, Thunderstrike, Multi-laser.

Warden  (420pts)

Icarus Autocannons, Reaper.

Freeblade.

Helverin (145pts)

Meltagun.

Warglaive (140pts)

Meltagun.

Warglaive (140pts)
heavy stubber.

Inquisitor (55pts)
Callidus Assassin (115pts)
Arbities Exaction (75pts)

Imperial Navy Breachers (105pts)

1650pts of Questoris

350pts of =][=
Total - 2000 points 

0% tax.

Edited by Lord Lorne Walkier

Most of my Armigers are Moriaxes so it's trying to fill the points until Forgeworld stuff comes out. Now onto story lol. I have an Ordo Mechanicum as my Main Inquisitor and I pretend that this named Character is him in different clothes basically. He is investigating the Forgeworld in which my Knight House is closely allied to. He is out with one of their lances to observe their interactions and their war machines. The Knight House itself is absorbed in an invasion of a Chaos Knight World/Dark Mechanicum Forge World which is another interest of my Inquisitor's. 

25 minutes ago, Karhedron said:

I really like the look of Mysterious Guardian on a Valiant. Teleporting in close to the enemy to unleash that Flamestorm Cannon and Harpoon before teleporting to the next weak spot and repeating as needed.

Yeah, this combo made me push my valiant to the front of the painting que.

12 hours ago, Lord Lorne Walkier said:

Is the Paly a freeblade?  I can't see clearly a non freeblade having that ability....  Maybe your Household has a ancient, one knight only, teleport pad?  Love the agent soup.  Do the Voids have a Knight, Men-at arms feel?  How dose the Sniper fit into the story?  Love that there is no Special characters.  20 point tax... 1 %

Nope, no Freeblade. My Knights are a Mechanicus House, so "something... something... Omnissiah’s blessing makes the Knight seem to disappear..."

Voidsmen are impressed Orlocks in service of one of my Inquisitors, and working with the Assassin/Knights to remove enemies of the Imperium from the field of battle.

I might eventually do a small compliement of Knight men-at-arms, probably using the new Cities of Sigmar range with the Arbites squads rules.

Edited by Lord_Ikka