10th Ed Imperial Knights preview discussion

Has anyone had the chance to check out the new app?

This might be user error on my part, but I'm not seeing how to add Imperial Agents to an Imperial Knight list.  As I mentioned in an earlier post, I'm wanting to include a Vindicare Assassin in with my Knights to give me the ability to snipe the warlord out of a unit.

7 hours ago, ValourousHeart said:

Has anyone had the chance to check out the new app?

This might be user error on my part, but I'm not seeing how to add Imperial Agents to an Imperial Knight list.  As I mentioned in an earlier post, I'm wanting to include a Vindicare Assassin in with my Knights to give me the ability to snipe the warlord out of a unit.

You can add Allied units, which is where you find the Imperial Agents :smile:

7 hours ago, Helycon said:

You can add Allied units, which is where you find the Imperial Agents :smile:

If I'm creating a Sisters of Battle list, it shows Characters, Battleline, Dedicated Transports, Other Datasheets, and Allied Units.  So I'm able to add in an Assassin or Inquisitor to my list of sister units.

But when I create an Imperial Knight list it only shows Characters and Battleline.  It doesn't have that Allied Units dropdown.

Just checking to see if anyone else is experiencing this issue.

4 hours ago, ValourousHeart said:

If I'm creating a Sisters of Battle list, it shows Characters, Battleline, Dedicated Transports, Other Datasheets, and Allied Units.  So I'm able to add in an Assassin or Inquisitor to my list of sister units.

But when I create an Imperial Knight list it only shows Characters and Battleline.  It doesn't have that Allied Units dropdown.

Just checking to see if anyone else is experiencing this issue.

Very odd, as I specifically used the Imperial Knights faction to check it and was able to add. Seems an issue in your app. Like Focslain mentioned, perhaps refresh or perhaps even reinstall?

Edited by Helycon

5 hours ago, Focslain said:

double checked mine and it's showing allied units drop down. Might need a refresh?

3 hours ago, Helycon said:

Very odd, as I specifically used the Imperial Knights faction to check it and was able to add. Seems an issue in your app. Like Focslain mentioned, perhaps refresh or perhaps even reinstall?

Removed the app and reinstalled after updating to the lates IOS and I still have the same issue.

I'm on iPhone app.

Any chance you both are using Google play or the iPad versions?

21 minutes ago, ValourousHeart said:

Removed the app and reinstalled after updating to the lates IOS and I still have the same issue.

I'm on iPhone app.

I'm using the Android version and I've got the ability to add in Allied Units with Imperial Knights. 

5 hours ago, ValourousHeart said:

I'm on iPhone app.

Indeed, I am on Android. Seems like an oversight in the iOS-app.

I for one am very much looking forward to adding a Lancer, Castigator and Porphyrion to the household. I've loved the models for a while but my builds of larger Forge World models have not always been great experiences :sweat: . They have challenges with warping badly, so I've been holding off on these with their relatively thin parts. The Custodes ones have, on the other hand, been mostly fantastic kits that fit well and even had prepared magnetisation slots.

Cerastus Knights in plastic will be awesome and a Porphyrion as a centerpiece won't hurt either. Now, who wants to buy a kidney?

Edited by Helycon

On 6/25/2023 at 3:00 PM, Helycon said:

I for one am very much looking forward to adding a Lancer, Castigator and Porphyrion to the household. I've loved the models for a while but my builds of larger Forge World models have not always been great experiences :sweat: . They have challenges with warping badly, so I've been holding off on these with their relatively thin parts. The Custodes ones have, on the other hand, been mostly fantastic kits that fit well and even had prepared magnetisation slots.

Cerastus Knights in plastic will be awesome and a Porphyrion as a centerpiece won't hurt either. Now, who wants to buy a kidney?

The only issue I had with my Atrapos was the chestpiece- it was fairly thin and had a hairline crack. Pretty easily fixed with a blob of greenstuff on the back and I covered it up with a giant Mechanicus skull anyway, but otherwise the Knight itself was pretty easy to build without any real problems.

1 hour ago, Lord_Ikka said:

The only issue I had with my Atrapos was the chestpiece- it was fairly thin and had a hairline crack. Pretty easily fixed with a blob of greenstuff on the back and I covered it up with a giant Mechanicus skull anyway, but otherwise the Knight itself was pretty easy to build without any real problems.

Fair enough! 

My first experience was a Fire Raptor. That thing SUCKED. Yes, capital. The second was a Spartan, which also had some gaps, same with the Sicaran Venator. Ironically, most of these are now in plastic! 

The Contemptors, Deredeo and Leviathan dreads I have were OK, mainly due to their smaller parts, but we're more challenging due to their multiple parts for the legs that made the glueing a bit more tricky. Poseability comes with it's drawbacks!

Still, the prospect of the Cerastus in plastic is currently put the desirability of the resin versions on a very low level! 

Ah, that would explain it- both the Fire Raptor, Spartan, and even the Sicarans have some long, thin sections with their armored hulls. The Cerastus Knights don't really have those, the worse parts they have are the armor bits like the chest pieces, pauldrons, and shin guards. The side plates of the chassis can be thin, but there it really doesn't matter as you won't really see it and it isn't structurally important as long as the outer trim sections are solid. 

Frankly, I'm surprised you tried any FW after the Fire Raptor; my brother ordered one and I was going to build it for him because I've got a decent bit of experience with resin- that was until I saw the pieces. I didn't want the hassle so he got to build it instead.

2 hours ago, Lord_Ikka said:

Ah, that would explain it- both the Fire Raptor, Spartan, and even the Sicarans have some long, thin sections with their armored hulls. The Cerastus Knights don't really have those, the worse parts they have are the armor bits like the chest pieces, pauldrons, and shin guards. The side plates of the chassis can be thin, but there it really doesn't matter as you won't really see it and it isn't structurally important as long as the outer trim sections are solid. 

Frankly, I'm surprised you tried any FW after the Fire Raptor; my brother ordered one and I was going to build it for him because I've got a decent bit of experience with resin- that was until I saw the pieces. I didn't want the hassle so he got to build it instead.

I read some of the horror stories of the Fire Raptor, but then said to myself, in my best Jeremy Clarkson voice: "How hard can it be?"

Frankly, I think a lot of the Forge World sculpts are fantastic, so that's why I did continue down the path of pain and misery :laugh: the sculpts for a lot of models have gotten a lot better in plastic, but before they hit their stride, Forge World was miles ahead.

11 hours ago, ValourousHeart said:

I wonder if the Lancer is coming as an upgrade kit or will be released as a stand alone kit.

It looked like each Cerastus was an upgrade/weapon sprue on top of the Cerastus body.

Hopefully its one box, or they at least release them all together.

47 minutes ago, Scribe said:

It looked like each Cerastus was an upgrade/weapon sprue on top of the Cerastus body.

Hopefully its one box, or they at least release them all together.

With the previous knights they were multiple boxes at first, and then condensed afterwards. They may skip the first step this time. 

If they do, I'm not sure wallets will be happy though :teehee:

Well, that was harsh. Canis Rex up 85p, pretty all Questoris apart from the Gallant up 60p. My gut feeling is that it'll be hard to justify three big Knights again at those costs. Valiant and Castellan might have also been priced out again, just as they looked like a decent option again. 

Would have preferred they took a swing at Towering instead of the points, but that was probably always a bit of a vain hope this soon.

6 minutes ago, sairence said:

Well, that was harsh. Canis Rex up 85p, pretty all Questoris apart from the Gallant up 60p. My gut feeling is that it'll be hard to justify three big Knights again at those costs. Valiant and Castellan might have also been priced out again, just as they looked like a decent option again. 

Would have preferred they took a swing at Towering instead of the points, but that was probably always a bit of a vain hope this soon.

Yep. I cut an armiger and enhancements and that's my 3 knights 4 armiger list now.

It would have been much better to look at towering, which seems to have been a much bigger culprit. 

I had some fun stuff in a list (not to play, just seeing some things written down) before the update, which was 3020 points. It's now sitting at 3420. That's a 13% increase. Seems harsh. Yes, Knights are very good at the moment, due to their high toughness. People need to understand that they need to play the objective game to beat them. They can do that if they can bloody hide...