What is the Funniest Proxy You Have Ever Seen? - Loofah Tyranids

Top5King

I once witnessed Loofah Tyranids in 40k!

My friends and I went to a 500,000 PT Apoc Game – it was Xenos/Chaos vs. the Imperium. 

This was back when there was rules for the Tyrannocyte but no model for it yet, so people homebrewed models for it.

It was the start of the second day – Start of Turn 2 – when reserves were coming in. I noticed someone with a Shopper’s Drug Mart Bag - They pull out multiple loofahs and start spray painting them white in the parking lot.

What are the funniest proxies you have seen??

Link to video:

Link to Images of Loofahs!

https://i.imgur.com/zjJTtba.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/RRHPJvc.jpg

RRHPJvc.jpg

zjJTtba.jpg

Edited by Top5King
entering photos

1 hour ago, Brother Tyler said:

I once saw a deodorant stick container used as a grav tank. :wink:

Wow! That’s proxying at another level lol.

1 hour ago, lansalt said:

The different versions of the "Sassy Nurgling Daemon Prince" out there are my favourite:

img_2062.thumb.jpg.ae9ce499b52f38c10f0f2b51baf46764.jpg

great proxy, love it!

A lot of the current deodorant sticks are too wide. You need a specific type of brand/shape (I may have looked into it recently...)

I was thinking of the Cube and Sprucrons list initially too.

I have witnessed someone proxying various piles of coins for an entire Kharadron Overlords army though :down:

A buddy I grew up with took plasticard, traced out the old (pre 5th ed refresh) bottom of ravager hulls for his Dark Eldar. He then cut them out, put bendy straws where the three guns would be for range and LoS purpose. They were surprisingly accurate.

Another buddy couldn't get his hands on landspeeders back around 2014 so he made them out of  foam blocks on top of pencils cut to perfect hover-base height, also with straw tubes as weapon locations.

I bet I could still get pictures of the latter if I texted that friend. Let me try.

Edited by Dark Legionnare

15 minutes ago, Jolemai said:

A lot of the current deodorant sticks are too wide. You need a specific type of brand/shape (I may have looked into it recently...)

Spoiler

IMG_20210624_105002948.thumb.jpg.026fbfaf37496cfe378dc36195933cef.jpgIMG_20210624_105007339.thumb.jpg.62025377ed38bc024233c11d60006eda.jpgIMG_20210624_105012907.thumb.jpg.cd8537c111150c5feeedd79ded93a042.jpg

Just messing around during lockdown. Basically, it would be Land Speeder sized now. I still really like the back, but this stick isn't flat enough imo.

Edited by Jolemai

Not 40k, but I once played in a WFB tournament where I borrowed a friend's Giant. Said Giant was actually a Homer Simpson statue, slightly converted with an Empire state troop's leg hanging out of his mouth. Giant Homer did fantastic in the games.

I've also seen pictures of Sororitas fighting a Daemon army that was made up of rubber phallic shaped objects that are sold under a brand name involving misbehaving fire-breathing reptiles. Somebody worked out how much it would cost and it was more than the 40k army it was representing. I have no idea if it was ever used in games.

Edited by Toxichobbit

back in those nid pod days i used a space cd for a base and melted a coke botle into it. still have them as never thought they were terrible... havent gotten around to getting a new pod since... will grab a pic later... 

The pods... least better than coke can fexes

20230530_135119.jpg

Edited by Brother nathan

On 5/18/2023 at 5:35 PM, Jolemai said:
  Reveal hidden contents

IMG_20210624_105002948.thumb.jpg.026fbfaf37496cfe378dc36195933cef.jpgIMG_20210624_105007339.thumb.jpg.62025377ed38bc024233c11d60006eda.jpgIMG_20210624_105012907.thumb.jpg.cd8537c111150c5feeedd79ded93a042.jpg

Just messing around during lockdown. Basically, it would be Land Speeder sized now. I still really like the back, but this stick isn't flat enough imo.

GW scale creep - making our old deodorant and shampoo bottles obsolete!

Wow, this topic is hilarious. Thank you all for the images provided as well.

The most egregious proxies I have personally come up against were in an army that included a lot of cardboard cut-outs of pictures of various models.

More commonly I have played against armies that have ever shifting squad weapons. It's one of the reasons why I now have a 0 tolerance for "counts-as" in units.

Lot of games with a cardboard Ork dread from 2nd Ed box.

And then the flat card battlefleet gothic ships that I think came in WD, and were actually a great looking game... Which I now want to find and print...

Edit: WD225, game test rules called 'Spaceship Battles'. Annoyed I can't find any pics now.

Edited by Aramis K

On 5/18/2023 at 2:43 PM, Xenith said:

Couple of my faves:

Spruecrons

Pin on Warhammer

And cubes of melted polystyrene as Tzeentch daemons

Cubes of Tzeentch - Page 8 - Forum - DakkaDakka | Roll the dice to see if  I'm getting drunk.

I actually love those cubes. Helps that they've been very nicely painted; I'm not sure I'd field a full army of them myself but as a few models in an army/warband they certainly are appealing given how cheap they are to make!

On 5/22/2023 at 4:14 PM, Sir Clausel said:

Awesome thread! Havent played with any funny proxies im afraid. 

I keep thinking of this tsolar strip:

adKrYKV_460s.jpg

Man, I miss TSOALR. Wayback has the strips but takes like a minute to load each one. Sad times. 

4 hours ago, Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch said:

Man, I miss TSOALR. Wayback has the strips but takes like a minute to load each one. Sad times. 

They came back under the official banner of Warhammer Community a little while ago, but ended again just as fast. I dont think the author could keep up with the GW demands.

I remember another Tzeetch daemon army from ages ago, this was fantasy though I think, which used the old warhammer familiars as pink horrors, and was hilarious:

image.png.756240182ce89be78ad7fc99e53f2bff.png