What is the Funniest Proxy You Have Ever Seen? - Loofah Tyranids

Top5King

2e large narrative game Tyrranid Invasion

One of the players proxied 10 Screamer-Killers by hot gluing empty coke cans to "Jagged Little Pill" CDs.

The flgs hated Alanis Morrissette and gave a discount to anyone who "donated" scratched and damaged Jagged Little Pill CDs. There were usually 30-40 of the things laying around the shop, being used as coasters, or hanging from the ceiling strung together. The Player had just taken a bunch of CDs and the empty coke cans from the stores trash can to make his Screamer-Killers instead of buying them. He had offered to bring his army, because he had bragged how many Tyrranids he could field. He only actually owned two Screamer-Killer models. The rest were proxied. 

On 5/26/2023 at 12:40 AM, Xenith said:

They came back under the official banner of Warhammer Community a little while ago, but ended again just as fast. I dont think the author could keep up with the GW demands.

I’ve always wondered what the story was there.  He did like 5 new strips then it disappeared?

Had a friend who in the 90s made pulsa rokkits and supa lifta droppas for his orks out of lego before they were released, surprisingly good too

Same friend also made a castle for Warhammer fantasy from Lego, one of his opponents made him take pieces of it off when the castle got hit by cannons !

Seen a few plant pot stompas before they were released 

• 5 months later...
On 5/18/2023 at 12:30 PM, Dark Legionnare said:

A buddy I grew up with took plasticard, traced out the old (pre 5th ed refresh) bottom of ravager hulls for his Dark Eldar. He then cut them out, put bendy straws where the three guns would be for range and LoS purpose. They were surprisingly accurate.

Another buddy couldn't get his hands on landspeeders back around 2014 so he made them out of  foam blocks on top of pencils cut to perfect hover-base height, also with straw tubes as weapon locations.

I bet I could still get pictures of the latter if I texted that friend. Let me try.

Apologies for the necro, but as I was putting the axe to my old Photobucket account (Which I forgot existed until just now) I found the FORMER surprisingly. 

It's also hilarious how spartan our old setups were for "This counts and woods" and such. Hopefully folks enjoy these dope Deldar proxies! 

Ignore the decades old MS paint font which I think was explaining a post on here or somewhere else back in the long-ago ages when images on here and most websites weren't possible and required external hosting/linking!  Circa Summer 2008 right when 5th edition came out.

image.thumb.png.79d22582b6c03a5dbe4ae07790a1d55c.png

image.thumb.png.cdedc15c4b976a9b2f327f2c0c11617c.png

Edited by Dark Legionnare

I'm sure during my childhood I played a 2nd edition game where my friend proxied a Leman Russ tank with a Coke can. I asked if we could find something closer to the right size so we could get some armour facings and I think I was shouted down to carry on.

I'm amazed at how creative some of these proxies are. Some look like they require as much effort as just buying the minis! :teehee:

With GW's current supply issues do you think we will see a resurgence of this activity?

In all my early games of 2nd edition 40K my best mate always used a big salt grinder to represent a Bloodthirster. It usually got blatted by lascannons (2D6 damage per hit!!!) before it got close enough to season my aspect warriors though :p

Edited by TheArtilleryman

My gaming buddy forgot to change out his X-wing models for his Imperial Knights in his transport bag one time- so we played DA vs the Paper Towel Knights. He used paper towels to roughly shape Knight bases, and we went from there. I still give him crap about it years later. 

I did a 2v2 tournament back in 8th Edition, me and my team mate were doing Marines and our opponents were double Ork players, one of the Ork players forgot to bring his Ork traktor kannons for army so he ran to the local pound shop and literally bough toy tractors, it was an army of these (image below) which I found hilarious.

image.thumb.png.c1605536b3bd9c173d3e4b92e628b2ba.png

On 12/1/2023 at 7:49 AM, TheArtilleryman said:

In all my early games of 2nd edition 40K my best mate always used a big salt grinder to represent a Bloodthirster. It usually got blatted by lascannons (2D6 damage per hit!!!) before it got close enough to season my aspect warriors though :p

I'm almost upset that it didn't get to participate in the assalt phase.

Dug out a couple of my old models from my CSK(od) marines that are intentional proxies to poke fun at the idea of proxies in a meta way.

Bruvva Grimtoof the ork model proxying a space marine.

grimtoof.png.ab434acf721d463ec7e1d42651ccb64c.png

And the chapter scout which is basically flock on some legs with a bolter sticking out the front.

scout.png.48f5bf2c91a348059bcbf238755588ec.png

16 hours ago, Doghouse said:

Dug out a couple of my old models from my CSK(od) marines that are intentional proxies to poke fun at the idea of proxies in a meta way.

*snip!*

And the chapter scout which is basically flock on some legs with a bolter sticking out the front.

*snip!*

Ohhh these glorious models of legend! :biggrin: Large McHuge is still a nickname I use for tall and bulky individuals in games I play thanks to your Company Champion and lest we forget Brother Toiletbrush.

Cambrius

1 hour ago, Brother Cambrius said:

Ohhh these glorious models of legend! :biggrin: Large McHuge is still a nickname I use for tall and bulky individuals in games I play thanks to your Company Champion and lest we forget Brother Toiletbrush.

Cambrius

I've often thought about giving them another bash, there are lots of in universe events such as the arrival of Primaris and the return of Primarchs that would be fun to explore.

I had actually forgot about Brother Toiletbrush. :biggrin:

Something I've seen multiple times on the TSons Reddit but hadn't seen in person until a trip to a FLGS recently is the use of Nighthaunt Spirit Hosts standing in for Chaos Spawn.

Pretty much something like this:
image.png.d2be060d230f7a2d3f3450ac9ed30975.png

(Image Source: u/Sp1ceman from the Thousand Sons subreddit)

On 12/4/2023 at 8:50 AM, Doghouse said:

*snip*

*snip*

"EVERYONE REMEMBER WHERE WE PARKED!!!"