Faction Focus: Imperial Knights

Joe

2 hours ago, Tokugawa said:

I think CK will no longer have options of paying points for equipping two of this gun on one model.

Would go in-line with the current trend of "can only be equipped with what you have in the box". Lets see tomorrow with TAU how those restrictions work as it is also something that happens with Crisis and Commanders.

2 hours ago, lhg033 said:

10th may actually be a good edition for me to do something with my pile of shame, including Knights.

I also think I am getting to the disposition of needing to just pick a scheme and getting on with it.

When you find the inspiration please quote me :D I bought 2 Xmas boxes of Knights and for the live of me I cant decide the color scheme!!!!

18 minutes ago, Cruor Vault said:

Or a 6 to wound on a squad of terminators!  I guess a few of them line up and get turned into a kebab?

If you have to use the harpoon against terminators you are doomed xD

The whole thing looks generally pretty nice. It seems like I will need to buy a king pupper now.

I don't know how many points, but I cannot see him being balanced. If there is a advance and charge option anywhere in the codex he's an auto include.

I'm assuming it won't survive an FAQ pass, but Turn 1 you can fling him 12" + d6+1" + 2d6+1" for an early charge threat range of 17" - 32". Average dice gets you to 24" which should be enough to pulp something valuable.

On top of that you also have a stompy that is T13, with a 2+/4++/6+++ for you opponents response.

Even without the first turn charge (and depending on what Titanic shakes out to allow) he now is also custom built to pulp marine equivalents. If you accept a second turn charge you can still dish out d6+1/2 elite killing shots. Even with a 4++ that should be 2/3 dead terminators/blade guard etc. Seems like a really good all rounder. 

The two factions I wanted to see back to back? (Tau next apparently) Oh yea, that's the good stuff.

Good stuff here, just outright easy to see good power. That rapid-fire battle cannon actually looks good to take, some NUTS rate of fire with that at 36". Napkin brains on this, but against a 10 man squad you average about 15 shots with that thing now. That's more like it!

Also, nuking the enemy warlord will be variable but considering that is our objective to get honoured and a 5+++, not to mention thundercoil having the ability to 50/50 dome big stuff with 12 wounds is kind of good. Things are looking quite good for the knights.

3 hours ago, Khornestar said:

Dang, they’re looking pretty strong! Better pack loads of chainfists.

Bit of an odd interaction with the harpoon getting a critical wound and multi vehicle units, such as sentinels. I guess it requires a bit of abstraction, but what, are we pretending there’s a perfectly lined up shot to pierce two of them at once, or something? Or it shoots through one, then yanks back the harpoon and pulls it through the other? :D Silliness.

At least it’s 1 shot, FWIW.

The sacred conga line of the grimdark far future must not be questioned 

Did my full review here, but overall I'm pretty happy with the stated stuff. Slightly worried about how Bondsman abilities will work/be distributed, because even if the Valiant is a super-killer it won't be taken in a list if it doesn't give out Bondsman abilities or something similar. The same for FW Cerastus/Questoris chassis- they might be very deadly, but the lack of buffing will mean that you won't see them in anything other than casual games. 

The Dominus had the same question in 9th as neither Valiant nor Castellan apply Bondsman buffs (including the important -1 Damage ability). However after playing several games with and against them, the Dominus have so much firepower that it is eclipses other considerations.

CK focus come out and in it you find the extra Imperial tidbit that Bondsman will affect both the target armiger and the questoris that gives out the buff 

Would have been nice to have this added news in the correct focus instead of a generic "improved bondsman abilities" but at least we got there :D

Edited by Fenriwolf