Are you going to build some Inductii?

I'm thinking of taking the MK VI bodies with CSM chainswords/bolt pistols for Word Bearers, tossing in the Kill team Legionaries possessed arms on one if I can find a way, to make them look like they're mutating with daemonic possession.

Dark Angels will be easy, I'll just want to check the book out in more detail for color palettes. I'm thinking of tossing some metallic armor bits in there, might give them a proto Guardians of the Covenant vibe. That or toss some more Caliban green, if they're to be quick recruits from there.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

I'm excited to have Proto-Tactical Squads in an Ultramarines army!  Finally we have a legion specific unit that isn't either heavily over tuned, or total garbage!

I'm thinking 2 meltaguns + Combi Melta in a rhino for some mobile tank/terminator hunting.

4 hours ago, bushman101 said:

I've seen some of the abilities, but do we know points or weapon options?

I'm not really sure what the Inductii will bring compared to what we already have.

Points cost will be the same as the normal Squad.

I havent seen any leaks for wargear except a few aditions for Fists and Ultramarines.

Inductii rules are considered to be a side grade.

Most times you loose something like Heart of the Legion and gain something else Like Ravening Madmen for World Eater Inductii.

Someone described them as the late Heresy Standard after to much loses in Combat.

Thinking of creating a 20 man Inductii Squad for my Word Bearers. 4 energetic spears + 1 on the sarge. May be used in Zone Mortalis by 10 or in normal game by 20.

On the modeling... I prefer to use CSM bits on veterans looking, in MKV for example, because you don't born Chaos, you fall in it progressivly. For my Inductii, I plan to use MKVI with young/sadistic faces.

6 minutes ago, Bung said:

Points cost will be the same as the normal Squad.

I havent seen any leaks for wargear except a few aditions for Fists and Ultramarines.

Inductii rules are considered to be a side grade.

Most times you loose something like Heart of the Legion and gain something else Like Ravening Madmen for World Eater Inductii.

Someone described them as the late Heresy Standard after to much loses in Combat.

Some are sidegrades, while some are kinda straight upgrades. Wolves get +2 to charge and option for chain axes, which combos really hard with run+charge and russ' +1 str in the charge (and the +1 movement once per game). Emperors children get the option for charnarbal weapons (Sabres, for 5+ breach) and are higher ld against shooting attacks.

Losing heart can suck, but that necessitated dying on the objectives to trigger, and at least for the despoilers, they kinda needed to be off the objective for a certain amount of time to get in close. Spite is another good trade off, as it takes some specific units and the charge to trigger.

50 minutes ago, SkimaskMohawk said:

Some are sidegrades, while some are kinda straight upgrades. Wolves get +2 to charge and option for chain axes, which combos really hard with run+charge and russ' +1 str in the charge (and the +1 movement once per game). Emperors children get the option for charnarbal weapons (Sabres, for 5+ breach) and are higher ld against shooting attacks.

Losing heart can suck, but that necessitated dying on the objectives to trigger, and at least for the despoilers, they kinda needed to be off the objective for a certain amount of time to get in close. Spite is another good trade off, as it takes some specific units and the charge to trigger.

They are still Support Squads, so i doubt we see games floded by Inductii.

We havent seen the full rules yet, so we dont know what everyone loses besides HotL.

Will be nice to be able to put bodies on the table, especially if you have taken something for alternate troops, like Pride or Leviathal. 

I need to see the full rules, but the Alpha one looks interesting, more a place to hide a character you want protecting than anything, or guarantee scoring T1. They can still be charged, though, so you don't want them too far up the table, but 20 of them with an excursor character might be fun. 

11 hours ago, Cruor Vault said:

I'm excited to have Proto-Tactical Squads in an Ultramarines army!  Finally we have a legion specific unit that isn't either heavily over tuned, or total garbage!

I'm thinking 2 meltaguns + Combi Melta in a rhino for some mobile tank/terminator hunting.

Have we seen if they can be given their own transports?  Hoping but not expecting.

5 hours ago, Bung said:

They are still Support Squads, so i doubt we see games floded by Inductii.

We havent seen the full rules yet, so we dont know what everyone loses besides HotL.

Yea but some rites but non scoring units into the compulsory slot, so you can take a few inductii and recons instead. 

Using the Emperor's children as an example again, if you want to take 3rd company elite for mass sonic augments you can take a couple kakaphony in troops and then flood the board with a few units of 20 charnarbal sabre guys. They're not the cheapest thing ever at 330 for 20, but that's 20 breaching 6+/pinning flamer templates into a ton of breaching 5+ melee (that swing at initiative 5 on the charge). And you get to be ld 10 in the shooting phase to stick on objectives and not get pinned and such. Their downside is losing combats that draw, but the unit is still....really good. 

Again, not all inductii are an upgrade over their respective templates, but some definitely are.

I'm not sure I'm impressed with the BA Inductii. No sweeps for maybe Fear?

And did I hear they don't score?

I'll really have to see the full rules, but it's looking like 'no' for me

7 minutes ago, bushman101 said:

I'm not sure I'm impressed with the BA Inductii. No sweeps for maybe Fear?

And did I hear they don't score?

I'll really have to see the full rules, but it's looking like 'no' for me

Pretty sure they keep line, just support so cant fill compulsory slots in the RoW.

I like that they didnt make them cheap and rubbish, would have been hard to do something with them other than just fodder.

These are interesting enough to be worth a consideration when you have the points, or can build a list where they can perform the function of the base unit but dont need to fill the compulsory slot.

As an Ultra player I like the idea of inductii squads with a pair of melta or plasma in place of normal 5 man support squads. 30ish points cheaper for a few more ablative wounds but less direct output. Seems a nice balance based on how often those squads usually end up depleted anyway.

I want to build an EC force next and a few squads of sword wielding hopefuls sounds fun and i think could work quiet well.

I'll probably build one, but it's a "wait and see" case right now. I would love to include inductii into my narrative Awakening Fire army, but despoilers are so goddamn expensive money wise. I don't have personal connections with anyone that can 3d print stuff, and I have distrust in a lot of businesses that provide such services mostly due to payment security issues (I'm aware that I'm paranoid).

1 hour ago, arnesh88 said:

I'll probably build one, but it's a "wait and see" case right now. I would love to include inductii into my narrative Awakening Fire army, but despoilers are so goddamn expensive money wise. I don't have personal connections with anyone that can 3d print stuff, and I have distrust in a lot of businesses that provide such services mostly due to payment security issues (I'm aware that I'm paranoid).

Assault marine arms are close enough. No one should care. If they do. Then that's unfortunate. 

1 hour ago, arnesh88 said:

It's definitely a shame that people who are stuck with GW are so limited in their options because of the ridiculous prices. Especially when the person collects a legion that can use all the help it gets.

Answer: I play Iron Warriors so... :down:

9 hours ago, Xenith said:

I need to see the full rules,

Yes, because...

9 hours ago, Xenith said:

but the Alpha one looks interesting, more a place to hide a character you want protecting than anything, . 

You can't join Inductii squads with other models.

3 minutes ago, Gorgoff said:

Answer: I play Iron Warriors so... :down:

Yes, because...

You can't join Inductii squads with other models.

Idk, I feel like the iron warriors ones get pretty close to the old legion trait. Not getting pinned off the objective is pretty helpful for cheap chaf objective holders.