Orks in 10th: A preview

toaae

It looks like melee has been weakened across the board this edition. Which definitely hurts out army. I've heard complaints from Blood Angel and Space Wolf players as well since those are very melee focused marines.

I'm going to play a game tomorrow via Deathguard that's all bikes and buggies. List as follows:

Deffkilla Wartrike

5 warbikers + Boss biker

5 warbikers + Boss biker

Shokkjump Dragsta

Kustom Boosta Blasta

Rukkatruk Squigbuggie

Megatrak Scrapjet

Boomdakka Snazzwagon

Planning on using the speed to get to objectives fast, and the ranged attacks to hopefully weaken my opponent a bit before my bikers start charging in for clean up. May be a horrible plan, but I think it will be fun.

My buddy is planning the following list:

Lord of Virulence

Defiler

Rhino

10 plague marines

3 dDeathshroud Terminators

Tallyman

Demon prince with wings

Deathguard are not in a great place based on their index, but he's bringing some big stuff that may be hard for me to take out with what I have. So we will see how this goes. I definitely the mobility advantage.

I'm thinking the key to list building is taking the best characters, and sticking them with the best units, and then filling the list in with good, non-bodyguarding units. Or, put another way, every unit that can have a leader should.

My initial reactions are that Warbosses and Beastbosses are pretty stellar, and Trukks are spammable. I'm going to try out a lot of stuff (including Battlewagons; too many points, but I love the stupid things), but I expect to eventually fall into a classic Kult of Speed style, with trukks, buggies, and bikes.

9 hours ago, Mumeishi said:

Ugh, not good :confused: , I wonder how you’d go against a less tough army ?, custodes seem a pretty Ard Nut to crack!! , luckily I’ve not played em :sweat:
my mates and I will be playing a few games in weeks to come , mainly guard and Eldar , I guess I’ll see how it goes :ermm:
can I ask how your Deff dread went ?!, and it’s kit out (or what you chose to use since the points pay for anything now !!) 

The Deff Dread came with 2x shoota and 1x claw as per base kit. It came, was charged by the Custodes, it died. Same went for my trukks and killa kans. The Custodes opened fire with their damage 2 weapons and puff one to two kills per turn. In melee it was even worse due to their combat stances. 

What left the bad taste were the Boyz with Slugga/Choppa which charged in Waagh, had a painboy attached and I have popped on them the 5+ critical stratagem, did 9 extra hits and still killed only a single Custodes. The one which promptly came back in my opponents turn and then they simply killed my Boyz. Bad bad taste.