Faction Focus: Imperial Agents

So Guilliman, Regent of the Imperium, is LD5+ but Greyfax is LD4+? So silly. I say this as someone who doesn't care for Guilliman at all. But however you want to view leadership, as in actual leadership, bravery (not running away like in the last editions), resistance to battle shock, or whatever, I can't see her beating a primarch at any of those...

3 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

So Guilliman, Regent of the Imperium, is LD5+ but Greyfax is LD4+? So silly. I say this as someone who doesn't care for Guilliman at all. But however you want to view leadership, as in actual leadership, bravery (not running away like in the last editions), resistance to battle shock, or whatever, I can't see her beating a primarch at any of those...

I guess we could say Primarchs are vulnerable to uhm can we say differing opinions? 

4 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Yeah that is dumb.

Overall I dunno. Potentially insta-killing characters in one shot with the vindicare doesn’t seem too fun. Won’t happen all the time but potentially 9 mortal wounds is kind of a lot. And due to the mechanic of mortal wounds it can spill out into the rest of the unit? Kinda silly. 

6 minutes ago, MoshJason said:

Last I checked about half of the primarchs failed their leadership check during the horus heresy and fell to chaos, so...

I mean I'd argue the opposite, they turned against the Imperium (and humanity?) and a majority of their soldiers followed them. That's leadership!

Edited by Special Officer Doofy

I was hoping these guys would be fieldable as their own force even if it ended being underpowered or lacking big guns so I'm quite disappointed. My dream of an all Arbites force will have to wait for another day, though by the time I can actually get my hands on some Arbites 11th edition might be out and who knows how they'll stand then.

47 minutes ago, CL_Mission said:

I was hoping these guys would be fieldable as their own force even if it ended being underpowered or lacking big guns so I'm quite disappointed. My dream of an all Arbites force will have to wait for another day, though by the time I can actually get my hands on some Arbites 11th edition might be out and who knows how they'll stand then.

You actually can run them as their own force they just dont have a faction rule nor detachment rules ( so underpowered?) nor big guns/vehicles.

But they have a shared faction keyword and at least 1 character.. wich imho is the only requirement to run them as their own force (but I could misunderstand that from the core rules)

edit : Actually no.. while it clearly isnt their intention the rules of assigned agents prevents it... it doesnt matter if your entire army is assigned agents, as it is written you are still stuck with the limits. So in incursion you still are not allowed to take more than 1 character and more than 1 unit, even if you play Agents of the Imperium as your faction. Or do I misunderstand the RAW here ?

Edited by TheMawr
overlooked "you can"

12 minutes ago, Captain Idaho said:

I find it amusing a Vindicare Assassin cannot target a Lone Operative because they can't be targeted over 12" away, yet can shoot a character in a unit no problem.

This seems like a weird flaw in the precision rule, thematically it feels it should ignore lone operative as will as let you pick out a character from a bodyguard unit. Oh well....

=][= By Order of the Emperor's Holy Inquisition, designers for the Corporation known as Games Workshop have been declared Heretical. =][=

This is the deal breaker.

Tear out subfactions for 2nd class factions?

Marginalize and destroy all things psychic?

I was still holding out hope.

But this?

This tells me everything I need to know about the edition. 

What a waste.

Over-dramatic theatrics aside...

Seems like a good way to handle these forces, considering there's never gonna be an inquisitorial army (And if there was, it'd be an inquisitor at the head of a IG or Sisters army, or one leading a SM company on a mission) or any "Army of Agents", but you still can run it if you want to, just be prepared to be sad.

37 minutes ago, TheMawr said:

edit : Actually no.. while it clearly isnt their intention the rules of assigned agents prevents it... it doesnt matter if your entire army is assigned agents, as it is written you are still stuck with the limits. So in incursion you still are not allowed to take more than 1 character and more than 1 unit, even if you play Agents of the Imperium as your faction. Or do I misunderstand the RAW here ?

You're applying the clauses for allying in Agents of the Imperium to an Imperium army, whereas if you just run Agents of the Imperium as the army, it doesn't use the allying rules.

All Agents of the Imperium armies are Imperium armies, but not all Imperium Armies are Agents of the Imperium armies; if you're the latter, you use the Alliance rules (With the restrictions of how many units), and if you're the former, you're just a really crappy army.

10 minutes ago, DemonGSides said:

Over-dramatic theatrics aside...

Seems like a good way to handle these forces, considering there's never gonna be an inquisitorial army (And if there was, it'd be an inquisitor at the head of a IG or Sisters army, or one leading a SM company on a mission) or any "Army of Agents", but you still can run it if you want to, just be prepared to be sad.

You're applying the clauses for allying in Agents of the Imperium to an Imperium army, whereas if you just run Agents of the Imperium as the army, it doesn't use the allying rules.

All Agents of the Imperium armies are Imperium armies, but not all Imperium Armies are Agents of the Imperium armies; if you're the latter, you use the Alliance rules (With the restrictions of how many units), and if you're the former, you're just a really crappy army.

I think that you cannot muster the Agents of Imperium army, as one of the steps while doing that is selecting a detachment - and there are none available, so you cannot get past this step

Edited by Madao

14 minutes ago, ThePenitentOne said:

=][= By Order of the Emperor's Holy Inquisition, designers for the Corporation known as Games Workshop have been declared Heretical. =][=

This is the deal breaker.

Tear out subfactions for 2nd class factions?

Marginalize and destroy all things psychic?

I was still holding out hope.

But this?

This tells me everything I need to know about the edition. 

What a waste.

Could you perhaps explain what about this has you so aggrieved, at least?

2 minutes ago, Madao said:

I think that you cannot muster the Agents of Imperium army, as one of the steps while doing that is selecting a detachment - and there are none available, so you cannot get past this step

From the WarCom article;

"“While you could field an entire army of these eclectic warriors, they have been designed first and foremost as allies for an IMPERIUM army, and the rules presented here cover how to incorporate them into such armies."

So, you may not be able to on index, but it seems like they are planning on having the ability to run them solo.

1 minute ago, DemonGSides said:

From the WarCom article;

"“While you could field an entire army of these eclectic warriors, they have been designed first and foremost as allies for an IMPERIUM army, and the rules presented here cover how to incorporate them into such armies."

So, you may not be able to on index, but it seems like they are planning on having the ability to run them solo.

Well, there are rules and there is a WarCom writing. I am more convinced by the rules, until I am proven wrong

The assigned agents rule only matters if the Faction keyword you choose isn't Agents of the Imperium (because then all the units will be matching the Faction keyword.) You can still do an Inquisition only army.

2 hours ago, Muck1ng said:

The Vindicator seems overly strong.  I'm hoping for a HIGH points cost

2+ to hit
2+ to wound

1 dead Farseer with no save what so ever... 

Nice GW..  Nice....

That's exactly the same as it was previously though, and Vindicares weren't exactly tearing up the battlefields in 8th and 9th.

The sniper is actually a bit weaker in that regard now, as it's not wounding all infantry on 2s anymore. And it can only ignore invuns once per battle, instead of with every shot.