=] EVENT: Call to Arms - Drukhari [=

TrawlingCleaner

large.Announcement.png.d3b6694a5c7a6e8b0

Greetings Archons, Succbui and Fleshsmiths!

@Grotsmasha and @Triszin are putting on a Forum wide event from the 1st July (1 month from now) until 30th September to celebrate 10th Edition's release!

The forum is split up into 3 Strongholds: Imperium, Chaos and Xenos with all 3 factions competing against one another to paint the most in the 3 months time limit. There will be a Central hub thread for each of the Strongholds in the WIP Section which I will link once it's live. We can use thread to cross post in and track/give motivation to those participating.

Check out the full rules here

If you've got any questions, give one of the Mods a shout! :happy:

• 1 month later...

I am not familiar with that tutorial.

My main criticisms are around the color. I feel it needs an alternative color block. The weapon is muted  and good color choices but with that dark blue they probably get lost on the tabletop.

Consider the helm in a different color. Maybe make the tiny tube really bright like a pink or yellow. Also a semi-finished base might help inform the choices.

I've been experimenting with making limbs different colors on my drukhari and corsairs to give some visual interest.

Hope this helps.

It's a Raider/Reaper crew yeah? I think as long as it stands out from the colour scheme of the Vehicle itself it will be fine. Considering you've said it's you're first model in years, clearly your skills are still present.

In regards to the colour scheme in general, what is it that gives you pause? Are the colours a little off from the tutorial, or you aren't sure about the scheme in general?

I think I am not settled on the scheme. I have basecoated some spare models so I will try my hand at a red and a purple color scheme. 

Overall I don't want to paint a named kabal. I am not much into the blue scheme. I really like the old blue warriors from the cover art of the first codex but I have to see how it works out on a model. 

In terms of contrast I am considering to paint the weapon casings white as the ones from the Corsairs Voidreavers from GW

I have time to test a few more models. I will come back with some more pictures this week.