Faction Focus: Titans

1 minute ago, danodan123 said:

These look, erm, really, erm... fun(?) to the typical gamer that I'm so glad they did a whole article for them...

It's Marketing.  Everything on WarCom is marketing.

That being said, that Warlord Titan is redonkulous.  It would be fun to see what it takes to actually kill one.

Not something I'd personally want to bring along, but a friend does have a hierophant and will be happy that there's viable rules to bring one along.

The massive invuln saves vs shooting only on stuff like the Warlord does strike me as a bit silly, though, as it incentivises meleeing the tower-sized dethbot, of all things.

10 minutes ago, danodan123 said:

These look, erm, really, erm... fun(?) to the typical gamer that I'm so glad they did a whole article for them...

Agreed. Like they spend the time and effort to update these rules and make new datacards for them, but just yesterday they "Legended" a huge swath of "affordable" units that a great number of people have and use regularly. Pretty Bad Move.

Just now, acrozatarim said:

Not something I'd personally want to bring along, but a friend does have a hierophant and will be happy that there's viable rules to bring one along.

The massive invuln saves vs shooting only on stuff like the Warlord does strike me as a bit silly, though, as it incentivises meleeing the tower-sized dethbot, of all things.

anything that melees it, dies. With the way damage spills over, the multi-attack damage 24 weapon is going to instant kill any unit foolhardy enough to melee it - infact it can kill multiple units simply by spreading its attacks lol

4 minutes ago, Blindhamster said:

well those are silly.

I will say, I find it quite odd these aren't automatically legends as well, considering the HH stuff is.

That said, they look like a giggle to play with for narrative events!

Agreed. Contemptors & Leviathan are unfit for tournaments, but these things aren't?

2 minutes ago, The4thHorseman said:

Agreed. Like they spend the time and effort to update these rules and make new datacards for them, but just yesterday they "Legended" a huge swath of "affordable" units that a great number of people have and use regularly. Pretty Bad Move.

What time and effort are they devoting more to this than to any of the Legends list?  They're both all getting stats initially at the onset of the edition. 

Do you think they're going to continue to balance the Warlord Titan's Dataslate, despite the fact they'll have 0 data to use about how it works in practice?  Do you expect the Manta to get a Glow-up beyond MAYBE an entry in the Tau Codex (Which I also doubt will happen, since it's a Forgeworld product)?

I bet all none of them fit in a 2000 point list to begin with. MAYBE the Tyranid and Squiggoth, but there's no way a Warlord Titan will ever show up competitively because you won't be able to afford it in a list, let alone the costs of the actual resin.  These are for narrative and open play or whatever they're calling it now.

3 minutes ago, acrozatarim said:

I didn't see anything about damage spilling over in the article? Haven't slept properly though, so possible I've just missed it through the haze of fatigue.

its how multi damage weapon work this edition, was from an earlier article, Im sure someone with the leaked rules can confirm or deny if I have that right

3 minutes ago, Kilamandaros said:

Surely the points cost would make them unusable in tournaments anyway.

image.png.5a4cbdd2b2692f9df4e9cd293c40a968.png

Yeah might be a bit of struggle to get one in a 2k game :biggrin:

1 minute ago, Blindhamster said:

its how multi damage weapon work this edition, was from an earlier article, Im sure someone with the leaked rules can confirm or deny if I have that right

Dmg doesn't spill over, only MW

Edited by TrawlingCleaner

3 minutes ago, DemonGSides said:

They talked about the damage thing on stream last night too; anything you have spills over, AOS style.  The real killer is that it can spill over from attached units to the characters that are attached to those units, so it's less built in ablative.

It doesn't :
"If a model is destroyed by an attack, any excess damage inflicted by that attack is lost."

Those rules are fun. I don't see these being legal in tournaments honestly (like for HH stuff).

Edited by Dried

4 minutes ago, Blindhamster said:

From the rules leak I have:

If a model loses several
wounds from an attack and is destroyed, any excess damage
inflicted by that attack is lost and has no effect.

5 minutes ago, Kilamandaros said:

Surely the points cost would make them unusable in tournaments anyway.

3 minutes ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

image.png.5a4cbdd2b2692f9df4e9cd293c40a968.png

Yeah might be a bit of struggle to get one in a 2k game :biggrin:

Dmg doesn't spill over, only MW

Fair point. Are tournaments always 2000 points? But then again, why the need to make these models not Legends then? Why was this distinction neccessary if it has little to no practical value?