Faction Focus: Titans

6 minutes ago, Metzombie said:

From the rules leak I have:

I"m pretty sure they were playing it on stream last night how I mentioned, not how your leak is stating it, but I could've misunderstood what the commentators were saying.  They weren't exactly the greatest on air personalities lol

5 minutes ago, Marshal Reinhard said:

Fair point. Are tournaments always 2000 points? But then again, why the need to make these models not Legends then? Why was this distinction neccessary if it has little to no practical value?

Because a warlord titan is natural-borned legend and tournament-uncompatible. No need to emphasis or list it again. 

Love it. Absolutely ridiculous and just funny in a very stupid way. 

For those trying to read anything into this: This was clearly just a way for them to end the faction previews on a silly note. Anyone trying to read anything serious into the practicalities of Titans in regular 40k games should probably do some solemn introspection. :biggrin:

35 minutes ago, The4thHorseman said:

Agreed. Like they spend the time and effort to update these rules and make new datacards for them, but just yesterday they "Legended" a huge swath of "affordable" units that a great number of people have and use regularly. Pretty Bad Move.

Yeah i was gonna say im not sure fancy rules will drive sales the day after they tossed a whole swathe of FW stuff off rules support and proved theyd do it to anything , anytime.

1 hour ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

image.png.5a4cbdd2b2692f9df4e9cd293c40a968.png

Yeah might be a bit of struggle to get one in a 2k game :biggrin:

Dmg doesn't spill over, only MW

Have the points costs for everything all been leaked/revealed, or just snippets?

3 hours ago, Malakithe said:

So they squat a massive portion of stuff from FW only to give these ridiculous things updated rules.

Does anyone actually use them? 

People used to.

Back when Apocalypse was a thing and GW wasn't trying to force a perfectly playable game into a one size fits all cesspool of bloat.

Semi off topic I guess, but the names on the Warlord weapons reminded me - Did they ever say anything about how the older terrain like the Aquila strongpoint etc would be supported in 10th?

2 hours ago, Emperor Ming said:

Will the 1000 pound models be going to the graveyard as well my lord?

Don't be stupid Jenkins:laugh::ermm:

Are Onslaught (3000 point) sized games popular? That'd be the only game size you can fit a titan into a game without taking just the titan. So they are effectively in the same boat as Heresy Models are since the tournament meta tops out at 2k, doesnt it?

8 hours ago, DemonGSides said:

What time and effort are they devoting more to this than to any of the Legends list?  They're both all getting stats initially at the onset of the edition. 

Do you think they're going to continue to balance the Warlord Titan's Dataslate, despite the fact they'll have 0 data to use about how it works in practice?  Do you expect the Manta to get a Glow-up beyond MAYBE an entry in the Tau Codex (Which I also doubt will happen, since it's a Forgeworld product)?

I bet all none of them fit in a 2000 point list to begin with. MAYBE the Tyranid and Squiggoth, but there's no way a Warlord Titan will ever show up competitively because you won't be able to afford it in a list, let alone the costs of the actual resin.  These are for narrative and open play or whatever they're calling it now.

The closest thing I can think of being in codexes other than the Ork stuff is the Necron Seraptek Heavy Construct that is technically titanic/a titanic construct. 

Last I looked it was only a few (maybe closer to several) hundred points so it’s something that theoretically could show up in a comp list. 

• 11 months later...

Wow... quite the love/hate relationship for Titans...

Honestly, you won't get much, if any, gameplay out of owning one of these. These models are priced out of the game just by points, and the only feasible way to play one is in the rare event of a Titan Walk (Titan Club owners play Adeptus Titanicus rules with BIG models), or as said, in narrative play/Apocalypse(?).

As a Warlord owner, these models aren't for play, for the most part. It's a centerpiece for your collection that is going to end up sitting on a shelf when completed and rarely taken down. You get one of these to showcase your skills in building and painting large-scale models that look awesome...

Unless you manage to find 2-3 people with 2,000pt lists to go at one model...