Battle for Oghram - decide the fate of a world!

1 minute ago, Bradeh said:

Winged Tyranid Prime

Neurotyrant

Screamer-Killer

Psychophage

Von Ryan's Leapers

Barbgaunts

Neurogaunts

Termagants

Rippers

Genestealers

Hormagaunt

Lictors

Deathleaper

Neurolictor

Biovore

Pyrovore

Norn Emissary

Norn Assimilator

So 9 new and 9 remakes

6 minutes ago, Matt C said:

Seems like this also decided who gets their codex first also. 

I very much doubt that. I think the 'nids were always intended to drop first, just like the Necrons did in 9th.

2 minutes ago, Bradeh said:

I'm personally not a fan of just expanding ranges endlessly either, most ranges have a core identify since 2nd. I don't see reason to keep bloating especially when many models need updating. Would you of rather had lots of new models but all the 'core' models remain old sculpts?

I am also of the same mind. We just end up with useless bloat.

2 minutes ago, Lord Nord said:

I very much doubt that. I think the 'nids were always intended to drop first, just like the Necrons did in 9th.

At the end of the stream, they specified that they could confirm the codex would drop first

1 minute ago, Zoatibix said:

I am also of the same mind. We just end up with useless bloat.

The big things missing people wanted expected:

- Shrikes

- Knight sized/LoW gribble

The norn units even with a huge scenic base aren't up to LoW size and the mess they made of warriors + the only prime having wings leaves them in a weird place.

They were maybe 2 kits off a perfect run.

Hopefully this tones down the belly-aching. Ogram has brought the ugly out in the community to an almost shameful degree so I am glad its over. Although part of me still thinks there will be crying from both sides despite a massive release.

The Nid models are gorgeous imo although the Norn is a little disappointing the artwork had me thinking it was a lengthy, serpentine abomination with tons spindly limbs. This guy to me just looks like a Hive Tyrant protagonist of a shounen manga that just unlocked its ultimate form in time to save his childhood friend from the big bad. 

Still want one though.

Overall, I am glad the average Nid model is now younger than the average player! Hope this purge of ancient models holds up!

Edited by StrangerOrders

Really like all the new stuff here, and I think the range is definitely enough for me to collect a nid army without touching models older than Leviathan (having seen those sculpts in person, I think they’re in a different league to the older stuff). I was also kind of expecting a bit more, Warriors I was for sure, and yeah maybe a really big bug. I’m not overly sore about the big bug but I am surprised about Warriors, especially with the new Prime. 

1 minute ago, StrangerOrders said:

Hopefully this tones down the belly-aching. Ogram has brought the ugly out in the community to an almost shameful degree so I am glad its over.

The Nid models are gorgeous imo although the Norn is a little disappointing the artwork had me thinking it was a lengthy, serpentine abomination with tons spindly limbs. This guy to me just looks like a Hive Tyrant protagonist of a shounen manga that just unlocked its ultimate form in time to save his childhood friend from the big bad. 

Still want one though.

Overall, I am glad the average Nid model is now younger than the average player! Hope this purge of ancient models holds up!

Still a hold over from the resentment to Matt Ward, do you think?

Yeah I have six FW shrikes it would be nice if they were part of the list again.

I would definitely rather have had a plastic superheavy nid than the emissary, but at least we got good biovores and pyrovores finally.

I really like the velociraptor proportions of the new hormagaunts too, although I already have 60ish.

I don't really like the pose on the neurolictor but I do like the pose on the Behemoth lictor, he looks like he's come to steal my wallet then eat me.

Edited by de Selby

2 minutes ago, Bradeh said:

The Winged Tyranid Prime without Shrikes is a bit of 'Why?' model. That is a complaint I would have. 

Yeah, really expected something for that model to lead. Other than that, mostly impressed. Lukewarm on the big guy, may be better in person than in a pic

1 minute ago, Lord Nord said:

That doesn't mean it WASN'T always going to drop first. Just that this is the first time they were CONFIRMING it.

Weasel wording.

Hitchen’s razor my good man, it also doesn’t mean it was, neither of us have proof to refute the other, I do hope the weasel comment wasn’t directed at my intention

7 minutes ago, Matt C said:

Still a hold over from the resentment to Matt Ward, do you think?

I think the fact you hear so much complaining about something that predated so many players and happened before a first year junior high student was born is a perfect encapsulation of the ugly side of the community sadly.

Along with distorted meme knowledge, hating things because someone else told you to is part and parcel.... which I guess means we are very good at roleplay as a community lol.

Edited by StrangerOrders

2 minutes ago, Redcomet said:

Did we see Daddy Necron at an early reveal or was he a later addition to the army? Maybe they are saving a Norn Queen and winged warriors for later 

He was part of the initial wave, the only kits not part of that is the Chronomancer and Flayed ones who where part of Kill Team (Also the Hierotek Circle but that is only an upgrade kit)

Also since the Genestealers are rumoured for Kill Team I wouldn't expect any other kits from that directions

Just now, StrangerOrders said:

I think the fact you here so much complaining about something the predated so many players and happened before a first year junior high student was born is a perfect encapsulation of the ugly side of the community sadly.

Along with distorted meme knowledge, hating things because someone else told you too.... which I guess means we are very good at roleplay as a community lol.

Thank you for a honest reply, it’s nice too see some honest reflection in the community