Battle for Oghram - decide the fate of a world!

10 hours ago, Bradeh said:

Winged Tyranid Prime

Neurotyrant

Screamer-Killer

Psychophage

Von Ryan's Leapers

Barbgaunts

Neurogaunts

Termagants

Rippers

Genestealers

Hormagaunt

Lictors

Deathleaper

Neurolictor

Biovore

Pyrovore

Norn Emissary

Norn Assimilator

Yes and no. A chunk of these are dual kits.

1. Winged Tyranid Prime

2. Neurotyrant

3. Screamer-Killer

4. Psychophage

5. Von Ryan's Leapers

6. Barbgaunts

7. Neurogaunts

8. Termagants

9. Genestealers

10. Hormagaunt

11. Lictors/ deathleaper/ Neurolictor

12. Biovorey/ Provore

13. Norn Emissaryr/Norn Assimilator

Definitely similar to orks/ crons looking at it like this. Only question is how many things were bunged together on the leviathan sprues?

this all said, the new stuff is lovely. I've got a set of leviathan coming, question is stick or twist. My first game of tenth this evening may aid the decision!

27 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

As you can see with this guy the Termagant weapons will be an upgrade sprue for the Leviathan bodies:

Hide contents

zbgGQuI.pngm3JvCCo.png

Probably Devourers for all and one per unit for the other weapons

It's supposed to have Spinefists in the kit as well

14 hours ago, Lord Nord said:

I very much doubt that. I think the 'nids were always intended to drop first, just like the Necrons did in 9th.

I was wrong about this part, for anyone who actually might be keeping track. Turns out the Necron and Space Marine codexes were released the same week back in 9th. I could have sworn the Necron book and the first part of their model wave was out partway through September, but they both went on pre-order October 3rd and were released on the 10th:

Warcom Sunday Preview

5 hours ago, Lord Nord said:

I was wrong about this part, for anyone who actually might be keeping track. Turns out the Necron and Space Marine codexes were released the same week back in 9th. I could have sworn the Necron book and the first part of their model wave was out partway through September, but they both went on pre-order October 3rd and were released on the 10th:

Warcom Sunday Preview

If I remember correctly it was omly the easy to build kits that came out before the codexs and we already have a example of that this edition with the easy to build barbgaunts

Edit: Nope I was wrong too. I should of checked the link. Those months must of merged together for me too.

Edited by Jalleo
I am a idiot

I saw some mention earlier in the thread that they said on the steam that this was some of the releases but not all. Did that happen? Does the hope that there could be a super heavy sized Tyranid still exist?

22 minutes ago, Burni said:

I saw some mention earlier in the thread that they said on the steam that this was some of the releases but not all. Did that happen? Does the hope that there could be a super heavy sized Tyranid still exist?

Maybe, but there is already one made by Forgeworld, the Hierophant. Unless that's not the type of unit you're talking about or are specifically talking plastic

48 minutes ago, Burni said:

They did not say this. They were pretty clear that this was everything. 

15 hours ago, 01RTB01 said:

Yes and no. A chunk of these are dual kits.

1. Winged Tyranid Prime

2. Neurotyrant

3. Screamer-Killer

4. Psychophage

5. Von Ryan's Leapers

6. Barbgaunts

7. Neurogaunts

8. Termagants

9. Genestealers

10. Hormagaunt

11. Lictors/ deathleaper/ Neurolictor

12. Biovorey/ Provore

13. Norn Emissaryr/Norn Assimilator

Definitely similar to orks/ crons looking at it like this. Only question is how many things were bunged together on the leviathan sprues?

this all said, the new stuff is lovely. I've got a set of leviathan coming, question is stick or twist. My first game of tenth this evening may aid the decision!

The Screamer-Killer and Neurotyrant share a sprue, and the trio of Lictors... are up in the air, but if they share a kit then that kit builds multiple individuals (ie. Deathleaper, the Lictor, and the Neurolictor share a lot of design cues, but don't seem to actually share any plastic. Maybe the thighs). So:

1. Winged Tyranid Prime
  2. Neurotyrant + Screamer-Killer
  3. Norn Emissary // Norn Assimilator
  4. Biovore // Pyrovore
  5. Psychophage
  6. Neurogaunts
  7. Barbgaunts
  8. Hormagaunts
  9. Termagants
  10. Genestealers
  11. Von Ryan's Leapers
  12. Deathleaper
  13. Lictor
  14. Neurolictor

Edited by LSM

2 hours ago, soviet1337 said:

Eddie said before the first unit was shown "we're going to see some of the reinforcements due this year" which is clumsy wording and unclear on multiple levels.

Some suggests there are others, which the winged prime sort of reinforces. The "due this year" also leaves a door open to more stuff next year, which isn't impossible but seems unlikely.

The only reason some people are stretching for this are disappointment at a lack of winged warriors/Shrikes for the prime to logically lead. Alongside the admittedly cool centrepiece being both, not the big knight level nid people hoped for, nor does its function and appearance exist that far removed from a tyrant.

Random thought: the Tyranid Index lists the Barbgaunt's guns as "Bio-Cannons". The product description for the Barbgaunts on the website describes their gun as a "a grotesque barblauncher". The Termagant's similar gun is called a "Shardlauncher" in the WarCom article, which makes me think that the Codex: Tyranids version of Barbgaunts will have "Barblaunchers".

This may suggest that the Indexes weren't "corrected" to match the Codexes, which could be a point in the discussion over weather the Index-style Combi-Weapons or Leviathan-style Combi-Weapons will be what we get in Codex: Space Marines.

4 hours ago, soviet1337 said:

They were not, no. Specifically, the wording used was "some of the new tyranids". It's not conclusive that it was everything, but sure it could have been.

Edited by Marshal Reinhard

10 hours ago, Marshal Reinhard said:

They were not, no. Specifically, the wording used was "some of the new tyranids". It's not conclusive that it was everything, but sure it could have been.

They might have been unclear during the stream and it wouldn't be the first time that happened.

But in the WarCom article last week it was pretty clear it would be all new models:

The final results will be revealed on Saturday the 15th of July during a special preview for all of the new miniatures from the side who won.

Edited by Matrindur

Respectfully guys, this is the perfect example of how the community hypes itself up and then blames GW for not delivering on something they never promised. You're chasing down semantics as "proof" there will be more models in the future, in direct contradiction to the written source which explicitly states that this is everything.

Just take what there is, it's a huge win for Tyranids anyway and the biggest release wave for any faction since Marines and Necrons in 2020. If something extra comes down the line in Kill Team or whatever, it's a bonus.

7 hours ago, Mogger351 said:

Conversely Warcom gets stuff wrong all the time, so it's still unclear imo.

This tbqh. I went into the preview thinking we would see everything, but came away from it under the impression there might tbe more still. 

But I'm not about to start betting on it.

Speaking of getting things wrong, did I miss some confirmation that the Astartes fighting on Oghram were Ultramarines? Valrak's last video has this as a loss specifically for "the boys in blue" but I don't remember seeing anything that said the Ultramarines were even on the planet. Oghram is not the site of the Leviathan novel and wouldn't seem to be the locattion for the 10th Edition trailer either, so not sure where Val has come by this certainty. Plus GW has been pretty consistent in using "Space Marines" when talking about the Astartes faction on the planet rather than identifying any one chapter.

I wouldn't mind being wrong, I'd just like to know one way or the other if GW ever did actually state that this was an Ultramarines conflict or if they kept it generic throughout.

2 hours ago, Lord Nord said:

Speaking of getting things wrong, did I miss some confirmation that the Astartes fighting on Oghram were Ultramarines? Valrak's last video has this as a loss specifically for "the boys in blue" but I don't remember seeing anything that said the Ultramarines were even on the planet. Oghram is not the site of the Leviathan novel and wouldn't seem to be the locattion for the 10th Edition trailer either, so not sure where Val has come by this certainty. Plus GW has been pretty consistent in using "Space Marines" when talking about the Astartes faction on the planet rather than identifying any one chapter.

I wouldn't mind being wrong, I'd just like to know one way or the other if GW ever did actually state that this was an Ultramarines conflict or if they kept it generic throughout.

I think it was brought about because of the promo work all being Ultramarines, and the combat patrol being specifically Ultramarines.  Apparently i was wrong though when I said before about Oghram not being mentioned anywhere, as it's apparently in the rule book.. somewhere.