10th as motivation to get working!

Captain Idaho

Greetings, fellow programs.

I've felt motivated to get my Necrons into a full army ready position, having left them to languish in a grey for far too long... thought some were under coated I swear!

I'm going to add to this topic but I would be delighted to see what else other people are working on as well. Anyone else motivated by 10th?

I'm no good at taking pics, with technology not being my strong suit (ironic huh) but here is what I've completed this week:

20230605_121552.thumb.jpg.a925c983241e14f0424eda8b7411f661.jpg

20230605_121559.thumb.jpg.5b9ea0a0074b2109bb64bf64197d2107.jpg

20230605_121603.thumb.jpg.fb15cf5170bfe8264ae52569f93576c5.jpg

I need better lighting and will see what I can do :facepalm:

I painted their "carapace" parts a dark green, using Nuln Oil gloss over it to deepen things even darker. Edge highlights of lighter greens to ensure depth and make them prettier.

Initially used the same lighter green on the contours of the skull shape for the head, but found the latter models looked better with an in-between shade of green (warpstone glow) on the face to make it pop without looking... awful. The early Warriors can stay like that, as they don't look awful.

Some of the first Warriors were painted months ago but I finished them and their compatriots a day ago.

Next up... I might treat myself to a Skorpekh Lord or maybe the Nightbringer. 

Absolutely! All of the excitement about 10th has inspired me to finally take some crappy iPhone pics of my own to post up of what I have been working on for the past year. Still many angry boys to go.

I like the black and green scheme, it's very old school. The effect on the blades is especially good, you captured the look of a glassy black object reflecting green when struck by light quite well. Maybe take some closer up pics though, the detail is hard to see at this resolution and with the very dark scheme. Hope the Nightbringer doesn't get Legends'ed too, the model is almost as old as the actual C'tan at this point.

1 hour ago, Rain said:

Hope the Nightbringer doesn't get Legends'ed too, the model is almost as old as the actual C'tan at this point.

Very unlikely to happen, what will most probably happen is the Nightbringer and Deceiver will be given new kits as the Necrons "new model" for their codex.

Wanted to reward my hard work with a cool character so I painted this:

20230612_120003.thumb.jpg.9478bbe6cdbd5a09f26c8c9af0e7e77d.jpg

20230612_120009.thumb.jpg.6fe46fa3fdef9627bbe143bc5de62f38.jpg

Despite some light shining off parts and looking almost like particles, as well as the colour scheme actually being darker with human eyes, it still looks alright in a pic.

I'm terrible at pics.

I will say I've got some old metal flayed ones on the soak. Slowly picking them down to the bare metal (I don't think they were primed properly) but it is Slow Going with a needle. I also have some old metal destroyers and a plastic lokhust to work on too but IDK if I honestly want to repaint the metal destroyers because they actually look decent enough already. (Also, their flight stands were all glued in and subsequently SNAPPED OFF so I gotta deal with that somehow.)

I totally regret selling my metal flayed ones, as well as my metal Nightbringer :cry:

Ah I hate the flight stands breaking. More than a few models I've had break like that and it hurts sorting them out.

• 2 weeks later...

I've managed to use the Reanimator legs I had standing around (pun intended) and a Imperium magazine Wraith to build a new Reanimator. 

Happy with the job I've done here, with some last bit of filing to smooth the green stuff down. But I've filled all the gaps and it is pretty flat though the different colour and shade in the photo makes it look otherwise (needs a lick of paint).

20230624_011423.thumb.jpg.e248c08169782412d8373bffbfc8d4a9.jpg

20230624_010959.thumb.jpg.70c5d0cce07ff0fd251ebef3450ffdff.jpg

20230624_010954.thumb.jpg.c34ccc2c3d197ecbf502f1e988ac8b6c.jpg