Rune preist

VV treatment for

Wolf guard

T wolves

Wulfen

cant take apoths

Sagas are difficult to activate

Strats are 50% weaker unless specific saga is activated

So we kept Wolf Lord/WGBL, but lost Wolf specific Librarian/Chaplains?

At that point what is the reason for no apothecaries, since their argument was that Wolf Priests were SW apoths?

Seems harsh to take something and give nothing in it's place

What's truly weird is that Blood Angels haven't had the VV treatment at all for their units, just a bunch of firstborn characters locked to firstborn units.  If they wanted to kill off divergent chapter units prior to their shiny new primaris replacements, you'd think they'd be consistent with it! You have my genuine sympathy, my hirsute Brothers.

I guess it's use the gladius detachment and play as bluegrey codex marines for now; or come to the counts-as-red side, and have some Wulfen-shaped Death Company!

Edited by Arkhanist

I think the Vanguard vet effect is because wargear costs are being... we can't say squatted anymore, so... Zoated? No, Blackstone Fortres had a Zoat.

Anyway. The issue comes when a unit full of chainswords have to compete with a unit full of thunder hammers. Those unit should not cost the same. So GW throws the baby out with the bathwater and eliminates the weapon options.

... But then they forget this for death company. *sarcastic clapping* Good job DW. You can't even be consistently lazy.

Edited by Squark

2 minutes ago, Verevolf said:

Scouts, Semi processed marines, have two wounds, Wolf Scouts, Grizzled veterans with centuries of experiance... one Wound...???

They are obviously veterans from 8th edition.

That's where there rules are from

3 minutes ago, EnsignJoker said:

What is vanguard vetted?

it's the new 10th ed shorthand for "Got :cuss:ed over by GW."

Hopeful people (like me) are hoping that it means that they're getting new updates soon enough that they didn't worry about making updates to Index.  A naive hope, probably.

Pessimists are leaning towards "GW sucks at rules writing." Which isn't necessarily wrong lol

3 minutes ago, DemonGSides said:

it's the new 10th ed shorthand for "Got :cuss:ed over by GW."

Hopeful people (like me) are hoping that it means that they're getting new updates soon enough that they didn't worry about making updates to Index.  A naive hope, probably.

Pessimists are leaning towards "GW sucks at rules writing." Which isn't necessarily wrong lol

Vanguard veterans themselves are a fairly obvious update as the counterpart to sternguard. I don't think Wulfen and Thudnerwold Cavalry will be as lucky.

Just now, Squark said:

Vanguard veterans themselves are a fairly obvious update as the counterpart to sternguard. I don't think Wulfen and Thudnerwold Cavalry will be as lucky.

I agree, but maybe it means that some of the rumors of non-codex compliant chapters getting updates later in the year/into next year might be true, too.

I just want properly sized Sanguinary Guard, and if that means SW gets some updates as well, let's get it done!

The Wulfen hammers had better be a misprint on the S and AP. It's pretty disgusting that firstborn Death Company are better than Wulfen and then we didn't even get Wolf Guard with Jump Packs. I was really hoping to attach Judiciars to Wulfen, but nothing can.

This index really brought down my day. Seriously considering switching to BA successor instead of SW successor that I've been the last two editions.

Edited by Apokalypsi