Space Wolves Index

12 minutes ago, Wraithwing said:

It seems that the nerf bat has being swung hard on the non-primaris chapter specific units. 

Does this mean there's potential for primaris versions of said units down the line, a la BT Crusader squad?

If so Primaris sized TWC would be quite something (unless just the rider bulks up and the mount stays roughly the same)

I seriously doubt this will even ping on most anyone else’s radar, but I’m gutted they knocked my favorite character, Arjac Rockfist, down to a generic S8 from his mighty S10. I hate when they can’t just let characterful stuff be. He wasn’t game-breaking, but I loved his uniqueness and the fact that every now and again his strength and special attack caught someone by surprise and did something epic. He can still throw his hammer, that’s something, but it’s just basic thunder hammer strength now. Doesn’t really fit the fluff of the biggest and strongest Firstborn Space Wolf/Space Marine in the current setting. 

1 minute ago, Carnivore said:

I seriously doubt this will even ping on most anyone else’s radar, but I’m gutted they knocked my favorite character, Arjac Rockfist, down to a generic S8 from his mighty S10. I hate when they can’t just let characterful stuff be. He wasn’t game-breaking, but I loved his uniqueness and the fact that every now and again his strength and special attack caught someone by surprise and did something epic. He can still throw his hammer, that’s something, but it’s just basic thunder hammer strength now. Doesn’t really fit the fluff of the biggest and strongest Firstborn Space Wolf/Space Marine in the current setting. 

Oof, that's rough. I didn't even notice that. They really are stripping our hammers down to just sticks.

Wulfen even lost frost claws

The shooting of Stormwolf's has been shot to pieces

Blood Claws have  to be in units of 10 or more

Murderfang needs an FAQ

Harald lost outflank

Pleasantly surprised we got WGPL

Wulfen Dreads look good

Ragnar looks flexible

Long Fangs got rr 1s

Edited by Dark Shepherd

56 minutes ago, MasterDeath said:

Its not the vanguard Treatment. Its the Chaos Treatment. We play that way for months now, its Not that bad, calm down.

Not really. Chaos get two choices, which means the unit can have multiple roles. And Acured weapons are noticably stronger than the glorified chainswords heirloom weapons are.

This is the one index I've seen so far that I absolutely don't begrudge it's players for having a problem with. It's...not good. None of the Spacewolf specific units are that great, and their army rule is MUCH worse than the standard marine rule.

Maybe SW are supposed to be horde army now and wulfen and thunderwolf cav are like 18ppm?

I quite like that the enhancements help achieve the sagas. 
Majesty= Pelt of the Balewolf (battle shock opponents units, drop their OC, take the objective)

Warrior Born= Frost weapon (Precision to pick out characters from units)

Beastslayer=Black death (for bonuses BA monsters/vehicles)

Bear= Wolf tail talisman (let’s you tinker with damage to get that below half wounds/not dead balance)

Might help trigger those sagas with appropriately equipped characters and then unlock those strategem bonuses

■ For every 5 models in this unit, one Wolf Guard Terminator can replace its power fist and storm bolter with one of the following:

◦ 1 assault cannon

◦ 1 heavy flamer

◦ 1 storm bolter and 1 cyclone missile launcher

If you give a wolf guard terminator a heavy weapon, they loose their power fist.