Chaos Daemons Index

Two things of note in this index, with the first of them mentioned by Valrak in his streams/videos.

• Some of the datacards like the Seeker Chariot or Daemon Prince with WIngs lack the model reference and maybe that means they will get new sculpts.
  • There's no datacard of Vashtorr.
Edited by Jscarlos18

5 minutes ago, Jscarlos18 said:

Two things of note in this index, with the first of them mentioned by Valrak in his streams/videos.

• Some of the datacards like the Seeker Chariot or Daemon Prince with WIngs lack the model reference and maybe that means they will get new sculpts.

The demon prince is what, 6 months old

5 minutes ago, Jscarlos18 said:

I had the same thing with Vashtorr but someone helpfully pointed out that he's at the bottom of the CSM index list.

1 hour ago, Jscarlos18 said:

Lack of a model reference usually just means 'Eavy Metal haven't painted one. The new Daemon Prince kit comes with wings for example, there's just not a model at Nottingham built and painted for 40k with them (whereas AoS does). Death Guard have had loads of 'filler' icons in their Codex since 8th, even though you could still buy and paint Chaos Rhinos, Land Raiders, etc as Death Guard.

Vashtorr's in the CSM Index. 

Edited by Lord Marshal

8 hours ago, Gederas said:

Daemons look good except for... One glaring issue.

Horrors can't use their ranged weapons unless a herald joins them, and Flamers across the board can't at all :laugh:

What? Where does it say this?

10 hours ago, Gederas said:

Horrors can't use their ranged weapons unless a herald joins them, and Flamers across the board can't at all :laugh:

This is a bad joke :sweat: I was looking through this for potential daemon allies to my Thousand Sons, and am not seeing really anything worth taking, aside from the sustained hits bolt of change LoC with rod of sorcery. 

Tzeentch is looking rough this edition! 

33 minutes ago, DemonGSides said:

Why?  Is there a rule requiring Psychic weapons only to be used by Psychic units?

Yes. It's on page 38, "Psychic weapons and abilities".

Edited by Cactus

Daemons of Khorne are very exciting. 

I like the skull altar, especially the fact it can infiltrate. That 6” shadow bubble means there’s a large base of potential 5-6” charges (depends on if the unit can take an instrument), even if you struggle controlling objectives in no man’s land.

On 6/14/2023 at 7:45 AM, Plaguecaster said:

Damn I completely missed that, seriously they really  dont want Daemons to be a horde army which is pretty damn stupid.

They don't want any army to be a horde army, then make Battle Companies legal at 2k :confused:

On 6/15/2023 at 2:00 PM, Khornestar said:

Daemons of Khorne are very exciting. 

I like the skull altar, especially the fact it can infiltrate. That 6” shadow bubble means there’s a large base of potential 5-6” charges (depends on if the unit can take an instrument), even if you struggle controlling objectives in no man’s land.

What do you think about the Skull Alter now... considering it's cost?