Adeptus Sororitas Index

What we have in this Index Detachment is essentially Order of Our Martyred Lady. When they publish our other Detachments (probably in our Codex) I would not be surprised to see that some units do not appear in all Detachments, and I would not be surprised to see that the same Unit may have different rules in different Detachments.

Its a great way to inject variety into every Faction and a better way for those of us to find a Detachments to fit our own play styles.

54 minutes ago, Montford said:

What we have in this Index Detachment is essentially Order of Our Martyred Lady. When they publish our other Detachments (probably in our Codex) I would not be surprised to see that some units do not appear in all Detachments, and I would not be surprised to see that the same Unit may have different rules in different Detachments.

Its a great way to inject variety into every Faction and a better way for those of us to find a Detachments to fit our own play styles.

All in a brisk 18 months.

1 hour ago, Progenitor said:

It'll probably just be terrain now. After all, how many people actually spent their pts on this kind of thing rather than weapons options/units that actually helped you to win the game? 

I tried to. The free cover and extra miracle dice was really good in 'place your own terrain' environments.

But Adepticon said it was illegal because I didn't include the stupid Celestine statue that has no actual impact on how the model plays.

You can have a Riptide that looks like a Samurai, but not a building that's slightly too short.

On 6/19/2023 at 11:11 AM, Progenitor said:

It'll probably just be terrain now. After all, how many people actually spent their pts on this kind of thing rather than weapons options/units that actually helped you to win the game? 

When it first came out I took it and it worked pretty well. I think it was the first FAQ update after that which got me to take it out of my list and it hasn't been back.

I'm needing a little help with list building. I'm old and used to the old ways but really not understanding the muster your army in the rules. Where is the list structure? Thanks in advance.

20 minutes ago, Dread said:

I'm needing a little help with list building. I'm old and used to the old ways but really not understanding the muster your army in the rules. Where is the list structure? Thanks in advance.

There honestly isn't a structure you have to adhere to any longer. At the absolute minimum, you start with one Character unit. You then add units to your army, whichever ones you like, provided the following:

• That unit has the Faction keyword you chose for your army in step 3.
  • You have enough points remaining.
  • Your army does not already contain three units with the same datasheet name as that unit – or six units with the same datasheet name as that unit if it is a Battleline or Dedicated Transport unit.

No fancy structures to adhere to, no minimum tax units. Start with one Character unit and just go on adding whatever you'd like until you hit your desired points limit :D

12 minutes ago, Dread said:

Hmm? Thanks. Strange but ok we'll give it a go.

Eventually we'll get more Detachments to choose from, but those are different in the sense that they just give you special rules, stratagems, and enhancements rather than being a structure element.

It's pretty freeform and simplified now. For Sisters, that means if you don't want to bring Battle Sisters or Novitiates, you don't have to. It also means there aren't any more unit 'types' outside of Battleline and Dedicated Transport. You aren't limited to x number of elites, or heavy support for instance. You can bring 'em all! An army list with 3 Castigators, 3 Exorcists, and 3 Retributor units is actually something you can do now without having to mess with weird 9th edition Detachment shenanigans.

• 1 month later...
On 6/21/2023 at 11:24 PM, Lemondish said:

Eventually we'll get more Detachments to choose from, but those are different in the sense that they just give you special rules, stratagems, and enhancements rather than being a structure element.

It's pretty freeform and simplified now. For Sisters, that means if you don't want to bring Battle Sisters or Novitiates, you don't have to. It also means there aren't any more unit 'types' outside of Battleline and Dedicated Transport. You aren't limited to x number of elites, or heavy support for instance. You can bring 'em all! An army list with 3 Castigators, 3 Exorcists, and 3 Retributor units is actually something you can do now without having to mess with weird 9th edition Detachment shenanigans.

I’m coming late to the party here. I have been away from the game for at least 10 years. I have searched through the free documents and not found anything that lists the point costs of any of the squads etc. listed in the index. Where do I find those point values?

1 hour ago, Lucky Tiger said:

I’m coming late to the party here. I have been away from the game for at least 10 years. I have searched through the free documents and not found anything that lists the point costs of any of the squads etc. listed in the index. Where do I find those point values?

https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/06/agEmmZiw4tq7IOYE.pdf