Guard Index

22 hours ago, Emperor Ming said:

Just realised the officer in the cmd squad has lost his inv save:sad:

I kinda get it, giving every platoon commander in the galaxy a refractor would be an expensive effort. Would be easier to give it to marines instead. Lol.

2 hours ago, jarms48 said:

I kinda get it, giving every platoon commander in the galaxy a refractor would be an expensive effort. Would be easier to give it to marines instead. Lol.

Power fists and plasma pistols for all, with this new ed, but refractor fields a step to far:laugh:

I've only played one game so far and it didn't really come up. I failed a few checks, but it didn't have much impact, because my opponent had more OC, and I'm not clued in enough about the strats to pull something out of the hat.

The one time it could have mattered I had a Platoon Command Squad attached to the unit, that mitigated both the OC as well as strat impact.

Edited by sairence

3 hours ago, Trickstick said:

Death Korps Marshals are like 1 shot commissars now but better. Their rule doesn't wipe orders like a commissar does. And they give out a 5+ fnp. Marshals seem like the best take for dkok/infantry squads.

He cost almost 10 infantries. So attaching him to 10 men unit doesn't make sense, 20 men squad is the only and best destination. Add a psyker for the 4++(need to notice that it has 1/6 chance of failure, so you usually would meet that every 2 games) and you get a good objective holder.

The marshall is amazing on a full squad.

5+++ gives approximately 150% effective wounds on even dice.

That alone makes it worth it on 20 men. Add a platoon command squad and you can save the medic slot for a master vox or another big gun.

He's pricey, but a massive force multiplier, and it double dips on returning d3 models a turn. 

I would even consider advisors or maybe a ogryn bodyguard too if you really need to sit on a button.

18 minutes ago, Commissar Yossarian said:

The marshall is amazing on a full squad.

5+++ gives approximately 150% effective wounds on even dice.

That alone makes it worth it on 20 men. Add a platoon command squad and you can save the medic slot for a master vox or another big gun.

He's pricey, but a massive force multiplier, and it double dips on returning d3 models a turn. 

I would even consider advisors or maybe a ogryn bodyguard too if you really need to sit on a button.

I don't think your opponent would accept your using of double medic boxes.

Strictly RAW, GW didn't tell "who is the medic box bearer" clearly(the box is a standalone model on its own base), so your opponent has reason to prove "no model in the unit bear the box". 

Yeah, as they didn't define an actual medic model on the data card, the logic would be that it's a unit ability, not based on a model. So you get D3 models back, regardless of unit size. It's still really powerful, had only one game so far but my opponent hammered the squad and thanks to that regen they just about hung on.

4 hours ago, sairence said:

Yeah, as they didn't define an actual medic model on the data card, the logic would be that it's a unit ability, not based on a model. So you get D3 models back, regardless of unit size. It's still really powerful, had only one game so far but my opponent hammered the squad and thanks to that regen they just about hung on.

Yeah its just a unit ability, do you roll 2d3 on a squad of 2 thou:ermm:

4 hours ago, Emperor Ming said:

Yeah its just a unit ability, do you roll 2d3 on a squad of 2 thou:ermm:

A unit ability. D3 per unit of them, regardless of unit size RAW.

4 hours ago, Santaclauswitz said:

That's a good question! Not clear in RAW or RAI.

It is pretty clear. It doesn’t say d3 for every 10 models. It’s a unit ability.

I'd never play it 2D3 currently, nothing in the rules supports that you would suddenly revive 2D3 just because you're bringing 20 guys instead of 10.

Yes, I know that you get 1 actual medi-pack modelwise per 10 DKOK, but with that logic you could simply bring a bunch of medi-packs (say 8) and go "aight, I'm gonna revive 8D3 troopers because that's how many actual medi-packs this unit contains."

I think i'm missing something here.  The core rules specify that only 1 leader can be attached to each unit unless the leader has rules that specify otherwise.  None of our leaders appear to have any wording to that effect, yet the commissar has a special rule for when he is in a unit with another officer.  Is there something buried in a FAQ?

1 hour ago, Yorkston said:

I think i'm missing something here.  The core rules specify that only 1 leader can be attached to each unit unless the leader has rules that specify otherwise.  None of our leaders appear to have any wording to that effect, yet the commissar has a special rule for when he is in a unit with another officer.  Is there something buried in a FAQ?

Well that's 40k isn't it?

Core Rule X

Then every army has a rule that gets around rule X

Then there's a rule that trumps your rule that overrules that rules rule:laugh:

1 hour ago, Yorkston said:

Its on the squads not the leaders, for example the Infatry squad has:

This unit can have up to two Leader units attached to it, provided no more than one of those units is a Command Squad unit. If it does, and this Bodyguard unit is destroyed, the Leader units attached to it become separate units, with their original Starting Strengths.