=] Call to Arms Rally Point: Orks [=

Grotsmasha

Header Xenos Orks.png

What is The Call to Arms, I hear you ask?

The Call to Arms is a new multi-forum event designed to celebrate the coming of Warhammer 40,000's new, 10th Edition, and encourage us all to start a new army, or bring our current armies into the new edition.

The Forums of the B&C are divided up into three Strongholds; Imperium, Chaos, and Xenos.  For the next three months the 8 Forums of the Xenos Stronghold will be competing to claim Victory over the other Xenos Forums, with all three Strongholds being compared at the conclusion of the Event.

There are two categories for Victory in both the Forums and Strongholds, the Forum/Stronghold who has painted the most points worth of models, and the Forum/Stronghold with the highest % of completion (Participants vs Completions).

Full Rules and Place your Vow =>  The Xenos Stronghold

Start Date: 1st July 

End Date: 30th September

How do I join in?

Models for The Call to Arms have been allocated a point value based around their size, the time they take to paint, and the amount of effort generally taken to paint them, this is why some models of different sizes appear in the same categories, and why Characters are worth more.

The below list should cover every model for the Orks;

1pt    Grotz, Boyz, Nobz, Mega Nobz, Flash Gitz, Lootas, Kommanos, Storm Boyz

2pts   Snotling Base, Mek Guns, Warbikes, Deff Kopta, Squig Hogz

3pts   Killa Kans

4pts   Deff Dread

5pts   Snazzwagon, Wartrike, Boosta-Blasta, Megatrakk, Rukkatruck, Shokkjump, Trukk

6pts   Battlewagon, Hunter/Kill Rig, Blitz/Burna Bommer, Blasta/Dakkajet 

8pts   Superheavies (Baneblades etc) 

10pts Gorkanaut, or was that Morkanaut?

5pts    Leader and Unit Composition: 1 OR Epic Hero, Mek, Big Mek, Boss 

10pts  Beastboss on Squigosaur, Mozrog Skragbad, Ghazghkull Thraka

20pts Stompa

Terrain

1pt    3 Munitorum Barrels, 4 Munitorum Crates, Zone Morialtis/Gallowdark Column, Octarius Ramshackle Bridges

2pts   Aegis Defence Line Section, Aegis Defence Platform, Galvanic Servo-haulers, Thermic Plasma Conduit Section, Imperialis Ruins Wall Section, Zone Morialtis/Gallowdark Wall, Octarius Scrap Heap/Barricade

3pts   Fronteris Vox Antenna, Fronteris Auspex Shrine, Thermo-exchanger Shrine, Octarius Oil Rig, Necromunda Fuel Tanks

4pts   Munitorum Container, Mechsnicus Transterrsnic Gantry, Galvanic Servo-crane, Big'ead Bossbunka, Skull Alter, Noctilith Crown, Octarius Ramshackle Walls

5pts   Tidewall Droneport, Tidewall Shieldline, Feculant Gnarlmaw, Miasmic Malignifier

6pts   Fronteris Landing Pad, Mechanicus Forgeshine, Mechanicus Galvanic Magnavent

8pts   Fronteris Hab Bunker, Manufactorum Administratus,

10pts Zone Morialtis Gang Stronghold

Note: Custom/Scratchbuilt terrain- use this list as a guide as to how many points tour terrain is worth, but please make sure to mention your terrain is custom when Vowing.

All points are per model. For example if you pledge 20 Boyz(1ptx20), 3 Deff Koptas (2ptsx3), a Snazzwagon (4pts), and a Warboss (5pts), your vow would be worth 35pts

If you have any questions or queries, or there's a model you want to paint but isn't listed, just @Grotsmasha or @Triszin and we'll be more than happy to help you out.

Please feel free use this thread as a place to share your thoughts, ideas, and WIPs throughout the Event to motivate and inspire the Orks, and the Xenos to Victory!!!

Full Rules and Place your Vow =>  The Xenos Stronghold

Edited by Grotsmasha

• 2 weeks later...

Roight, ladz, I've placed me vow, gonna get sum Beast-snagga ladz done for da Orks!

Starting with a Beastboss, some Boyz, some Squighogs, a Nob on Smasha Squig, and a Kill Rig. I think I can get that all done by the end of September!

Placed My First pledge, I was going to choose my Stompa. But I have a Blitza-Bommer that I have been attempting to convert into a Stuka dive Bomber for several years now, I really want to get it done so I'm using this Call to Arms as a motivator to get it Finished :thumbsup: 

Cheers, M. 

A sneaky Kill Team of Kommandos has snuck into my painting queue in time for the Call to Arms. They are assembled and base coats are going on.

My son has assembled a Runtherd and a couple of grots (with the rest of the box to do) so some cheeky grots might photobomb my WIP.

Just realised Octarius terrain can be included - might be a later vow if I want to stay Orkish!

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to pledge:

Beastboss on squigofex

Nob on smasha sentinel (squig)

1 Deffdread

3 deffkoptas

3 boarboyz (squighogs)

Mega-armoured warboss

However... I meant to pledge the dread and non on smasha already. I painted them Wednesday and Thursday this week. Please forgive my transgressions! I'm thankful to have finally finished something as it's been a while due to work.

Pics forthcoming...

Well, what can I say? We had a day out yesterday, I got home and somehow Snikrot came with me. 

Being such a sneaky oik I assembled him Wednesday morning, primed him and inadvertently painted him.

I'll be at our club on Saturday and I'll get pics then because frankly, my phone is all but dead and my wife's phone's photos are blurry...

image.png.43dcf971123e8fed7e1f5fb757adbf56.pngimage.png.758b87bf1fdfdad4b47dba9d4d78c601.pngvimage.png.b875749a0b5173fa8988a4a10a91ea3a.pngimage.png.ccdd35bea3f4bb4eb6badf533e21c515.pngimage.png.645acc0acb556901df730aa2b6bed6bc.pngimage.png.291a5b34cb4974ab8de07f9ea76f83db.png

Belated but as promised - still Sunday in Canada :D 

1 Deff dread with Combat patrol loadout looted from Ad mech castellan bots plus other bits.

1 Looted sentinel - Nob on Smasha Squig

1 Sneaky bois

The aim was quick tabletop quality, I'm not in it to win awards. For the time invested, I'm happy. Next!

image.png

image.png

7 hours ago, andes said:

Got my kans done, now just have to put the finishing touches on Snikrot... then, on to my next pledge.

IMG_1579.thumb.jpg.6a2592185dbe405af433504377b96524.jpg

Cracking kans those :) Look forward to seeing what you've done with Snikrot.

What are you thinking of doing afterwards?

29 minutes ago, 01RTB01 said:

Cracking kans those :) Look forward to seeing what you've done with Snikrot.

What are you thinking of doing afterwards?

Thanks! Snikrot needs one more evening's worth of work, so almost done. As far as what's next? My wife got me a Stompa for my birthday a week or so ago :biggrin:

@andes Wow Check out your Kans :laugh: They look great!!

And Now you have a Stompa!!  (Note* there is a online pic from Reddit that the user has listed all the part numbers for the Stompa so it's a heck of a lot easier to put together...unless they've updated the Instruction sheet highly unlikely :tongue:

Good luck with your Stompa!!

Cheers, M 

Thanks for the pointer @Mumeishi. As you guessed, the build instructions are the old-school almost useless variety so I'll be sure to track down that useful version online. Not sure how I'm gonna paint it... mask off the body panels in groups then airbrush them slightly different shades of red perhaps.

EDIT: Here's a link to the annotated instructions in case anyone else needs 'em.

Edited by andes
added link to instructions

Thanks! I love the classic Snikrot too, but man I'm not a fan of painting metal models anymore. 

As far as where to post, official pledge-business (pledges, completions) goes into the respective thread in the Works In Progress forum. Related conversation, WIPS, etc. goes in the appropriate thread in each of the faction forums (frex, for Orks: this very thread)

Edited by andes

• 2 weeks later...

IMG_1599.thumb.jpeg.ffd03a382a561265617623bb968a7822.jpeg

I'm making good enough progress on the Stompa that I expect to have time for one more pledge...

IMG_1603.thumb.jpeg.0af5b5c95fdac9b9bd9c3a6504801bf1.jpeg

I haven't decided for sure, but these Gorkamorka spanners would make amazing Mekboys and the Stompa is gonna need someone to give 'im that lovely +1 to hit :cool: