=] Call to Arms Rally Point: Tyranids [=

Grotsmasha

Header Xenos Tyranids.png

What is The Call to Arms, I hear you ask?

The Call to Arms is a new multi-forum event designed to celebrate the coming of Warhammer 40,000's new, 10th Edition, and encourage us all to start a new army, or bring our current armies into the new edition.

The Forums of the B&C are divided up into three Strongholds; Imperium, Chaos, and Xenos.  For the next three months the 8 Forums of the Xenos Stronghold will be competing to claim Victory over the other Xenos Forums, with all three Strongholds being compared at the conclusion of the Event.

There are two categories for Victory in both the Forums and Strongholds, the Forum/Stronghold who has painted the most points worth of models, and the Forum/Stronghold with the highest % of completion (Participants vs Completions).

Full Rules and Place your Vow =>  The Xenos Stronghold

Start Date: 1st July 

End Date: 30th September

How do I join in?

Models for The Call to Arms have been allocated a point value based around their size, the time they take to paint, and the amount of effort generally taken to paint them, this is why some models of different sizes appear in the same categories, and why Characters are worth more.

The below list should cover every model for the Tyranids;

1pt    Horm/Term/Neuro/Barbagaunt, Gargoyle, Genestealer, Pyro/Biovore, Spores

2pts   Ripper Swarms, Warriors, Lictor, Von Ryan/Deathleaper, Venom/Zoan/Neurothropes, Ravenors

3pts   Hive/Tyrant Guard

5pts   Tervigon, Exo/Toxicrene, Maleceptor, Haruspex, Tyrannofex, Tyrannocyte, Carnifex, Screamer Killer, Psychophage

7pts   Harpy, Hive Crone

8pts   Dimacheron 

5pts    Leader and Unit Composition: 1 OR Epic Hero, Broodlord, Tyranid Prime, Neurotyrant

10pts Swarmlord, Winged/Hive Tyrant

Terrain

1pt    3 Munitorum Barrels, 4 Munitorum Crates, Zone Morialtis/Gallowdark Column, Octarius Ramshackle Bridges

2pts   Aegis Defence Line Section, Aegis Defence Platform, Galvanic Servo-haulers, Thermic Plasma Conduit Section, Imperialis Ruins Wall Section, Zone Morialtis/Gallowdark Wall, Octarius Scrap Heap/Barricade

3pts   Fronteris Vox Antenna, Fronteris Auspex Shrine, Thermo-exchanger Shrine, Octarius Oil Rig, Necromunda Fuel Tanks

4pts   Munitorum Container, Mechsnicus Transterrsnic Gantry, Galvanic Servo-crane, Big'ead Bossbunka, Skull Alter, Noctilith Crown, Octarius Ramshackle Walls

5pts   Tidewall Droneport, Tidewall Shieldline, Feculant Gnarlmaw, Miasmic Malignifier

6pts   Fronteris Landing Pad, Mechanicus Forgeshine, Mechanicus Galvanic Magnavent

8pts   Fronteris Hab Bunker, Manufactorum Administratus,

10pts Zone Morialtis Gang Stronghold

Note: Custom/Scratchbuilt terrain- use this list as a guide as to how many points tour terrain is worth, but please make sure to mention your terrain is custom when Vowing.

All points are per model. For example if you pledge 20 Termagaunts(1ptx20), 3 Ravenors(2ptsx3), a Tervigon (5pts), and a Winged Hive Tyrant (10pts), your vow would be worth 41pts

If you have any questions or queries, or there's a model you want to paint but isn't listed, just @Grotsmasha or @Triszin and we'll be more than happy to help you out.

Please feel free use this thread as a place to share your thoughts, ideas, and WIPs throughout the Event to motivate and inspire the Tyranids, and the Xenos to Victory!!!

Full Rules and Place your Vow =>  The Xenos Stronghold

Edited by Grotsmasha

5 minutes ago, Xenith said:

43 models in 90 days? You got this!

You can always break it down into smaller vows and do a bit at a time. 

That's what I'm undecided on :blink: realistically the longest part of all this will be basing 

3 hours ago, Mad_djg said:

Not had a chance to prime anything during the week, but have decided how I am going to split the box into three groups.

Seems sensible, doing the bigger critters altogether or doing the prime/Neurotyrant as one with the Screamer Killer on its own?

13 hours ago, ZeroWolf said:

Seems sensible, doing the bigger critters altogether or doing the prime/Neurotyrant as one with the Screamer Killer on its own?

Going to mix it all up.  Start off with 10 termagants, 1 ripper swarm, the barbgaunts and the neurotyrant and loids. Then see where we go when they are done

1 hour ago, Grotsmasha said:

I've been able to add all three to my sig, so I'm not sure what the issue may be. Try alt-clicking and "copying" the Badge, and then "pasting" it into your Sig on it's own line, then have your links on separate lines underneath.

I'll try that :smile:

Edit:

Still not having any of it, I moved the other links down but it's giving me the same message:

Screenshot_20230704_103401_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f24c37430919e471ce194445ef724f90.jpg

Edited by ZeroWolf
Test failed

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Xenith said:

Aright @Grotsmasha, here we go:

I, Xenith, overlord of Hive Fleet Jabberwocky, heed the Call to Arms and pledge to paint the following for 55pts for the Glory of It Who Hungers and the Xenos Stronghold on or before 30th September 2023, or bear the badge of failure until years end.

1x Neurotyrant (5pts)

2x neurospore things (2pts)

11x Neurogaunts (11pts)

5x Barbgaunts (5pts)

3x VRL's (3pts)

1x Screamer Killer (5pts?)

1x Winged Tyranid Prime (5pts)

1x Psychophage (5pts)

5x Wraithguard (5pts)

1x Spiritseer (5pts)

1x Webway gate (4pts?)

Total = 55pts

I'm starting with the nid units from Leviathan that I dont already have versions of, then will do the rest as a second vow if time permits - summers already getting busy! Objective is still to get the entire nid side painted within CTA! 

large.IMG20230711212417.jpg.7055023541c1bc2192551994d7bff1f0.jpglarge.IMG20230712125429.jpg.34e84280e70beaa064dfd3980a111589.jpg

large.IMG20230711212411.jpg.73276063ad88923babf5a91930ba7f4c.jpg

large.IMG20230710190517.jpg.aeae2e9e8831c14520774aca9cd87928.jpg

large.IMG20230713144055.jpg.8318e8c2e57e27c1bdf94553bdd15941.jpg

9146cd29-e00e-4c4c-873a-3e0a24a2f240_text.gif.3887c7de74d386bdf13c142624e6a0c5.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Progress on my nid vow:

3 minutes ago, Xenith said:

They took way longer than I was expecting, but I finished the Barbgaunts I've vowed for A Call to Arms:

large.IMG20230721141454.jpg.eb7e8fb592fdf3e7c28114ec73e2c633.jpg

There's so much detail on these, it makes the beautiful models to look at, however the detail is also time consuming to paint - while gaunts maybe had 2-3 scales on each leg, these guys have 4, and instead of 3 scales on the back, thes have like 10 meaning more recess shading and feathering up to the white colour. 

They're not based yet as I'm going to take my time with them, take them off these 40mm's then make my own standard custom bases for the army, drill the peg holes back into the bases, then stick them on...but all after CTA. 

My vow progress so far:

1x Neurotyrant (5pts)

11x Neurogaunts (11pts)

5x Barbgaunts (5pts)

3x VRL's (3pts)

1x Psychophage (5pts)

5x Wraithguard (5pts)

1x Spiritseer (5pts)

1x Webway gate (6pts)

I think over the weekend I'm going to take a break from the Nids and try and get the wraithguard finished!

So how many points of nids has everyone vowed to paint so far, and how many have you completed?

1x Neurotyrant (5pts)

11x Neurogaunts (11pts)

5x Barbgaunts (5pts)

3x VRL's (3pts)

1x Psychophage (5pts)

10/43pts

Edited by Xenith

20x Termagaunts  (5 done awaiting basing, 5 in progress)

2× Ripper Swarms (all done!)

11x Neurogaunts (all done!)

5x Barbagaunts (1 done awaiting basing, 2 in progress)

3x Von Ryan's Leapers 

1× Screamer Killer

1x psychophage

1× Neurotyrant (and Neuroloids) (all done!)

1x Winged Tyranid Prime

22 models out of 47 done (6 of which need basing) almost half way there model wise :sweat:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Managed to get a can of white scar so got my Neurotyrant and Wiged prime undercoated, and got the blue down on them over the weekend. Think I should be finished in time, but this might be my last vow, I have other stuff to try and get painted for this year (also waiting for the termagant upgrade kits to make spikerifles and web slingers).

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks! These guys relly took paint well in the end, I'd almost forgotten how fast contrast paints nids. I have some alpha legion stuff to do, maybe BA, and then I want to finish off the termagants from the set after I convert some horse dongs stranglewebs and spike rifles for them