=] Call to Arms: Chaos Stronghold [=

The B&C Presents:

Chaos Page topper.png

The Call to Arms 2023

CHAOS STRONGHOLD

What better way to celebrate a new edition of our favourite table-top wargame than to have a big Inter-Forum Painting Event, amiright? Time to bust out those brushes and paints and stand ready to represent your Forum/s of choice and aid them on the path to claim Victory!!!!

1- Introduction.png

What is The Call to Arms, I hear you ask?

The Call to Arms is a new multi-forum event designed to celebrate the coming of Warhammer 40,000's new, 10th Edition, and encourage us all to start a new army, or bring our current armies into the new edition.

The Forums of the B&C are divided up into three Strongholds;

The Imperium Stronghold

The Chaos Stronghold

The Xenos Stronghold

These three Strongholds will act as the hub for each of the three main Factions, and will for the 3 Month duration of the Call to Arms, run independently of the two other Strongholds. Each Stronghold may have different targets and goals, and even their own mini/complementary events, all with unique badges and achievements, but at the end of the 3 months, the three Strongholds will face off, and overall winners will be declared.

Start Date:

End Date:

2- Rules.png

So, how is it all going to work?

1. As each of the Strongholds are acting (initially) as their own Events, you may choose to focus within a single Stronghold, or participate in all three Strongholds, and any complementary/mini-events that you would like to. Your Vows will be treated independently in each Stronghold, meaning a Failed Vow in one Stronghold will NOT effect Vows in the other Strongholds.
  2. Models pledged to a Stronghold must come from the army books associated with those Forums covered by each Stronghold. The exceptions to this are Titans and models from the Other Games Forum (Aeronautica, Titanicus, Necromunda etc), these models / units may be pledged to any Stronghold.
  3. You may join in any of the Events at any time within the 3 Month time-frame of The Call to Arms
  4. For each Stronghold, you have a MAXIMUM of 3 Vows, you must finish your active vow before pledging to a second or third vow.
  5. Once recorded, Vows may not be altered, however special considerations may be made upon request.
  6. There is no minimum pledge, you may vow 1 model, or your entire collection, but beware, failing your last active vow will invalidate any completed vows you may have already submitted.
  7. In addition to the three Vows, any model in the 10pt Category or higher will fit into the "Job's a Big'un" Vow, and will run separate from the 3 Vow limit and have the entirety of the 3 months to be completed. 

3- Participation.png

How do I join in?

Each model has a point value based upon it's size, and the comparative amount of effort and time it takes to paint said model, listed below are are the points-per-model, more specific lists can be found in each Forums Rally Point thread, but I've added some generic examples below,

1pt   Infantry

2pts   Cavalry/Bikers/Heavy Weapons Teams

3pts   Walkers (Dreadnaughts, Sentinals)

4pts   Skimmers / Light Vehicles (Landspeeders, ATV, Armigers)

5pts   Small Tanks (Leman Russ, Rhino Variants)

6pts   Large Tanks (Rogal Dorn, Sicaran, Land Raider)

8pts   Superheavies (Baneblades etc) 

10pts  Imperial Knight etc

5pts   Leader and Unit Composition: 1 OR Epic Hero

10pts Primarchs

NOTE: Characters with Retinue, I.E. Saint Celestine. Celestine is the EPIC HERO, and is worth 5pts, her two Sister Superiors are Seraphim, which are worth 1pt each.

20pts Warhound Titan

30pts Reaver Titan

40pts  Warbringer Titan

50pts Warlord Titan

Terrain

1pt    3 Munitorum Barrels, 4 Munitorum Crates, Zone Morialtis/Gallowdark Column, Octarius Ramshackle Bridges

2pts   Aegis Defence Line Section, Aegis Defence Platform, Galvanic Servo-haulers, Thermic Plasma Conduit Section, Imperialis Ruins Wall Section, Zone Morialtis/Gallowdark Wall, Octarius Scrap Heap/Barricade

3pts   Fronteris Vox Antenna, Fronteris Auspex Shrine, Thermo-exchanger Shrine, Octarius Oil Rig, Necromunda Fuel Tanks

4pts   Munitorum Container, Mechsnicus Transterrsnic Gantry, Galvanic Servo-crane, Big'ead Bossbunka, Skull Alter, Noctilith Crown, Octarius Ramshackle Walls

5pts   Tidewall Droneport, Tidewall Shieldline, Feculant Gnarlmaw, Miasmic Malignifier

6pts   Fronteris Landing Pad, Mechanicus Forgeshine, Mechanicus Galvanic Magnavent

8pts   Fronteris Hab Bunker, Manufactorum Administratus,

10pts Zone Morialtis Gang Stronghold

Note: Custom/Scratchbuilt terrain- use this list as a guide as to how many points tour terrain is worth, but please make sure to mention your terrain is custom when Vowing.

You may vow ANY MODEL that is covered by THIS STRONGHOLD, but you must allocate your points to only one FORUM.

Please make your vows in this thread in the following format;

"I, {insert username}, heed the Call to Arms and pledge to paint {insert units/models} for {xxx pts} for the Glory of {insert Forum} and the Imperium Stronghold on or before30th September, 2023 or bear the badge of failure until years end."

example;

I, Grotsmasha, heed the Call to Arms and pledge to paint 20 Bloodletters, 5 Raptors, 1 Terminator Lord, and 1 Helbrute for 29pts for the Glory of the Chaos Daemons and Chaos Stronghold on or before September 2023, or bear the badge of failure until year's end."

The post that contains your Vow must include starting pictures that contain all the models from the Vow.

Starting models may be in any of the following conditions;

• In the box
  • On the Sprue
  • Assembled
  • Single Colour Primed
  • For Tanks / Titans, Sub-assemblies primed in different colours will be acceptable, I.E. chassis in Leadbelcher, with armour plates in secondary colour.

Additionally, you may pledge models you have not yet received I.E. Warhammer: Imperium Subscription, just make sure a image is edited in to your Vow post once you've received the models, and make a post indicating that you have done so.

Your Vow is considered complete when you declare it so, and post completed pictures of all models contained within the Vow. Although "Complete" is to your own standard, we would like you to aim for GW's "Battle Ready", with the miniatures based. If basing is something you don't do, or won't be doing within the Event's timeline, please return the bases to flat black or brown as this will greatly enhance the Completed presentation.

Required Completion Pictures: Please include 1 image with a complete shot of the entire Vow, I also encourage everyone to include additional images for each squad/unit in the vow, please post these within Spoiler / Hidden tags. 

Once you have made your vow, pop this badge of Participation into your Signature,

participation badge chaos.png

4- Awards.png

Will there be any awards?

Yes!!  There will be similar Badges and Achievements available from all 3 Strongholds,

Event Failed: Spawn

10 points:  Servant of Chaos
25 points  Chosen of Chaos
45 points:  Aspiring Champion
75 points:   Champion of Chaos 
100+ points:   Warmaster of Chaos 

Artificer - Top 1, 2, or 3 best painted models from each Forum, chosen by the Moderators. 
Princeps - Awarded to all completed Titans 
Chaos Champion - Awarded to the Frater who individually paints the most points worth of models in the Chaos Stronghold

Champions of the Horde - The Chaos Forum with the highest overall points worth of models

Champion of the Call - The Chaos Forum that has the Highest Participation vs. Completion Percentage.

As to the overall competition between the Strongholds, there will also be Badges awarded for the following;

Masters of the Horde - The Stronghold that completes the highest overall points worth of models.

Masters of the Call - The Stronghold that has the Highest Participation vs. Completion Percentage.

Master Artificer - Voted best painted Model, chosen from the 3 Stronghold Artificers.

In addition to the Badges and Achievements above, Triszin has provided / organised some Sponsored Physical Prizes, which will awarded in the following categories; 

Favourite Young Blood - This category is for Participants who have been building and/or painting models for less than 12 months. Anyone wishing to participate as A Young Blood will need to specifically declare that are are doing so within their Vows. At the conclusion of the Event all Young Blood Entries will be placed into a Poll for the B&C at large to vote on and pick a Favourite. The voting criteria for this category is not about picking the best painted model, but the model that inexplicably pulls a smile on your face, one that makes you think, damn that's cool.. 

1 Combat Patrol Box (1 Prize across all three Strongholds) 

Master of the Forge - Best Conversion or Kit-bash. Anyone wishing to participate for the Master of the Forge Badge and Prize will need to specifically declare that they are doing so within their Vows.

1 Leviathan Starter Box (1 Prize across all three Strongholds) 

Stronghold Artificer - Best Painted Model

1 Character Model Blister/Clam (3 Prizes total, 1 Prize per Stronghold, chosen by Frater Poll) 

Grand Marshal - Individual with the Most Points of Models Painted across all Strongholds

1 Character Model Blister/Clam (1 Prize across all three Strongholds)  

That's it, you've done it, you've made it to the end!!!

If you have any questions or queries, just @Grotsmasha or @Triszin and we'll be more than happy to help you out, now, go on, get, don't you have models to be painting?

F.A.Q.s

Q- If I have models with different coloured heads or shoulder pads, can they be primed different colours IE. Black templars or Eldar Guardians?

A- Yes, this is acceptable.

Q- I want to paint Traitor Guard, is there a way to pledge them to Chaos?

A- Yes, for the purposes of Traitor Guard, the Astra Militarum units may be pledged to Chaos. The Realm of Chaos is the most appropriate forum.

Q- Are 3D prints allowed?

A- Yes, as long as they are board appropriate, 3D prints can be pledged to the Call to Arms. Use the points associated with the unit they represent.

Edited by Grotsmasha

PARTICIPANTS

Chaos Daemons - Pledged: 000pts / Complete: 000pts / Secured: 000pts

Participants: 0

Chaos Knights - Pledged:  66pts / Complete: 66pts / Secured: 66/66pts (100%)

Participants: 1

Boc - Vow 1: 24pts - Complete - Group  |  Vow 2: 42pts  - Complete  |

Spoiler

1x Knight Tyrant,

1x Knight Rampager,

1x War Dog Karnivore

Spoiler

10 Cultists( 10)

32 Accursed Cultists (32)

Heretic Astartes - Pledged:  559pts / Complete:  528pts / Secured: 528/559pts (94%)

Participants: 18

Brother Argent - Vow 1: 10pts - Not Completed  |

Spoiler

1 Warpsmith (5pts)

1 Maulerfiend (5pts)

Brother Captain Arkley - Job's a Big'Un: 10pts - Complete  |  Vow 1: 6pts - Complete  |  Vow 2: - 3pts - Complete  |  Vow 3: 5pts - Complete

Spoiler

Jobs a Big'Un / Master of the Forge - Daemon Primarch Perturabo (10pts)

Spoiler

3 LI Fellblades

Spoiler

3 LI Predators

Spoiler

Azrakh the Annihilator

Cactus - Vow 1: 5pts - Complete  |

Spoiler

BSF Obsidious Mallex (5pts)

Celtic_cauldron - Vow 1: 11pts- Complete  |  Job's a Big'Un: 20pts - Complete  |

Spoiler

5 Terminators (5)

1 Spartan (6)

Job's a Big'un: Mortarion (10)

Job's a Big'un: Abaddon (10)

Cpt.Danjou - Vow 1: 1pt - Complete  |  Vow 2: 9pts - Complete  |  Vow 3: 12pts - Complete  |

Spoiler

1 Terminator (1)

Spoiler

4 Chaos Terminators (4pts)

1 Master of execution (5pts)

Spoiler

10 Horrors (10)

1 Seeker of Slaneesh (2)

crimsondave - Vow 1: 31pts - Complete |  Vow 2: 88pts - Complete  |  Vow 3: 39pts - Complete  |

Spoiler

10 Terminators, (10)

3 Rhino Chassis tanks, (15)

1 Spartan Super-heavy tank (6)

Spoiler

1 Iron Warriors Terminator Lord, (5)

1 Black Legion Chaos Lord, (5)

1 Black Legion Aspiring Champion (Terminator Sorcerer substituted), (5)

1 Iron Warriors Leviathan Dreadnought, (3)

1 Iron Warriors Predator, (5)

1 Iron Warriors Vindicator, (5)

30 Black Legion Legionaires, (30)

20 Cultists (20)

Job's a Big'un - Abaddon, (10)

Spoiler

4 Black Legion Rhinos

1 Black Legion Helbrute

1 Black Legion Demon Prince

1 Iron Warriors Chaos Lord

1 Fabius Bile, 1 Acolyte

Dr_Ruminahui - Vow 1: 30pts - Completed  |

Spoiler

1x chaos lord

1x master of possession

1x necromunda fuel tanks

6x possessed

Master of the Forge - Lucius

Dwango - Vow 1: 31pts  - Complete  |  Vow 2: 5pts - Complete  |

Spoiler

Magos on Abeyant (5)

1 Magos (5)

3 Myrmidon Secutors (6)

3 Thallax (6)

3 Castellax (9)

Spoiler

Azrakh the Annhilator (5)

gaurdian31 - Vow 1: 25pts - Complete  |  Vow 2: 15pts - Complete  |

Spoiler

10 CSM

1 Hell Brute

5 Havocs

1 Dark Apostle and 2 Dark Disciples 

Spoiler

Master of Possession (5)

Chaos Lord (5)

Sorcerer (5)

Legoman - Vow 1: 32pts - Complete  |

Spoiler

Chaos Lord (5)
Dark Apostle (5)
14 Cultists (14)
5 Havocs (5)
Venomcrawler (3)

Metzombie - Vow 1: 11pts - Complete |  Vow 2: 11pts - Complete  |

Spoiler

3 Deathshroud Terminators (3)

8 Plaguemarines (8)

Spoiler

Master of the Forge, Job's a Big'Un - Patient Zero (Spartan + Plague Furnace) (11)

Muskie - Vow 1: 12pts - Completed  |

Spoiler

1 spawn,

1 plague surgeon,

1 stand of Nurglings,

1 objective (terrain)

2 plague marines 

Plaguecaster - Vow 1: 11pts - Complete - Complete  |

Spoiler

Rottigus (5)

1 Predator (6)

Sitnam - Vow 1: 10pts - Complete - Complete  |  Vow 2: 14pts - Complete  |  Job's a Big'Un: 10pts - Complete  |  Group

Spoiler

Master of the Forge: 1 x Lord Discordant

5 x Scarab Occult Terminators 

Spoiler

9 Beastmen (9)

1 Fateskimmer (5)

Spoiler

Job's a Big'Un: Counts as Lord of Change

spiros14 - Vow 1: 20pts - Complete - Complete - Complete - Complete  |  Vow 2: 7pts - Complete  |

Spoiler

4 Legionnaires, (4)

3 Havocs, (3)

1 Predator, (5)

4 Gallowdark walls (8)

Spoiler

7 Cultists (7)

Stef Coudou - Out of Competion Vow - Completed  |

Spoiler

7 Rubric Marines

1 Sorcerer

2 Plague Marines

1 Poxwalker

1 Deathshroud Terminator

Tallarn Commander - Vow 1: 5pt - Complete  |  Vow 2: 15pts - Complete  |  Vow 3: 19pts - Complete  |

Spoiler

1 Mind Witch (5)

Spoiler

2 Chosen Decimus, Taloghast (10)

Spoiler

10 Legionaries, (10)

1 Eightbound, (5)

4 Traitor Guard/Chaos Renegades/Heretics Militia (4)

Teetengee - Vow 1: 5pts - Complete  |

Spoiler

Master of the Forge - 1 Lord on Juggernaught 

Valkia the Bloody - Vow 1: 21pts - Not Completed  |

Spoiler

10 Khorne cultists, (10)

Deimos Pattern Rhino, (5)

3 Gallowdark Walls, (6)

The Realms of Chaos - Pledged:   20pts / Complete:   20pts / Secured: 20pts (100%)

renegadeguard - Vow 1: 5pts - Complete  |  Vow 2: 10pts - Complete  |  Vow 3: 5pts - Complete  |

Spoiler

1 Leman Russ (5)

Spoiler

10 Mutant Guard (10)

Spoiler

1 Primaris Psyker (5)

Age of Darkness Traitors - Pledged:  12pts / Complete: 12pts / Secured: 12pts (100%)

Trixie - Vow 1: 12pts - Complete  |

Spoiler

6x Legionary Skyhunters (12)

Edited by Grotsmasha

I, Boc, heed the Call to Arms and pledge to paint 1x Knight Tyrant, 1x Knight Lancer, and 1x war dog karnivore for 24 points for the Glory of Chaos and the Chaos Stronghold on or before 30th September, 2023 or bear the badge of failure until years end.

Knight Lancer will be delivered tomorrow

War Dog

20230702_200014.jpg

Knight Tyrant

20230702_195913.jpg

Lancer

20230718_201322.thumb.jpg.ec043a98504d88cf8985b45280b0281e.jpg

Edited by Boc
Switched Lancer for Rampager

I, Brother Argent, Master of the Lost (Thought Process), Shepherd of the Damned and Unofficial Dark Apostle of the Liber, heed the Call to Arms and pledge to paint:

- Warpsmith x1 (5pts)

-Maulerfiend x1 (5pts)

for 10 pts for the Glory of Heretic Astartes and the Chaos Stronghold on or before 30th September, 2023 or bear the badge of failure until years end

I know.  Not much compared to the others but I think I will be fairly busy as it is...  Also, nawww.... I wasn't able to be first across all three strongholds....

Noises, echoes of some long lost time, where the sleeping are as still as the dead. But there is movement here, and life still. Something stirs, awakens to the beating of the war drums. Awakens to the clarion call. The blood stirs and blood will be spilt! Upon a scarlet steed, breath steaming in the cold mists of time, and stampeding forward to call out the hounds of war, drawn forth from the warp the forsworn, the forsaken, the forgotten, they come.

Arise, arise, warriors of Chaos!
Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter!
Spear shall be shaken, shield be splintered,
a sword-day, a red day, ere the galaxy burns!
March now, march now! March to Terra!

KFgAsRH.jpg

I, Teetengee, heed the Call to Arms and pledge to paint 1 dude on a juggernaut for 2pts(?)5 pts for the Glory of the Heretic Astartes and Chaos Stronghold on or before September 2023, or bear the badge of failure until year's end.

This is a Master of the Forge entry

Edited by Teetengee
master of the forge

I, Muskie, heed the Call to Arms and pledge to paint one spawn, one plague surgeon, one stand of Nurglings, one objective (terrain) and two plague marines for 12 pts for the Glory of Heretic Astartes and the Chaos Stronghold on or before 30th September, 2023 or bear the badge of failure until years end.

pledgedModels.jpg

I, Dr_Ruminahui, heed the Call to Arms and pledge to paint:

• 1x chaos lord
  • 1x master of possession]
  • 1x Lucius
  • 1x necromunda fuel tanks and
  • 12x possessed

for 30 points for the Glory of Chaos and the Chaos Stronghold on or before30th September, 2023 or bear the badge of failure until years end.

S2ZmuOi.jpg

Just noticed that I need to declare for entering the running for Master or the Forge.  I would like to enter with Lucius and my second squad of possessed (the ones on the left) as seperate entries, or if that doesn't work, just Lucius.

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

17 hours ago, Teetengee said:

Noises, echoes of some long lost time, where the sleeping are as still as the dead. But there is movement here, and life still. Something stirs, awakens to the beating of the war drums. Awakens to the clarion call. The blood stirs and blood will be spilt! Upon a scarlet steed, breath steaming in the cold mists of time, and stampeding forward to call out the hounds of war, drawn forth from the warp the forsworn, the forsaken, the forgotten, they come.

Arise, arise, warriors of Chaos!
Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter!
Spear shall be shaken, shield be splintered,
a sword-day, a red day, ere the galaxy burns!
March now, march now! March to Terra!

KFgAsRH.jpg

I, Teetengee, heed the Call to Arms and pledge to paint 1 dude on a juggernaut for 2pts(?) for the Glory of the Heretic Astartes and Chaos Stronghold on or before September 2023, or bear the badge of failure until year's end."

As a character, I think he should be 5 points - otherwise, 2 points would have been correct.

7 hours ago, Dr_Ruminahui said:

As a character, I think he should be 5 points - otherwise, 2 points would have been correct.

I'll take more if worth more, but I'm not terribly fussed either way. @Grotsmasha? (I've not bought the rulebooks since.....the transition to 8th because I've not had the time to play, so I don't really know what things are called anymore)

I, gaurdian31}, heed the Call to Arms and pledge to paint the Chaos Combat Patrol of 10 CSM, 1 Hell Brute, 5 Havocs and the Dark Apostle with 2 Dark Disciples for 25pts. for the Glory of Heretic Astartes and the CHAOS Stronghold on or before 30th September, 2023 or bear the badge of failure until years end.

10 CSM

1 Hell Brute

5 Havos

1 Dark Apostle and 2 Dark Disciples 

Total of 25 pts I believe, 23 if the Dark Disciples don't count.

Spoiler

large.CalltoArms.jpg.a9c2cff4a368195301d

Edited by gaurdian31

On 7/2/2023 at 2:32 PM, Teetengee said:

I'll take more if worth more, but I'm not terribly fussed either way. @Grotsmasha? (I've not bought the rulebooks since.....the transition to 8th because I've not had the time to play, so I don't really know what things are called anymore)

I'd have it at 5pts :thumbsup:

I, Cactus, heed the Call to Arms and pledge to paint Obsidius Mallex, Lord of the Servants of the Abyss, for 5 points for the Glory of the Heretic Astartes and the Chaos Stronghold on or before 30th September 2023 or bear the badge of failure until years end.

ObsididiusMallex01.jpg.461e7e8f2a86c6305fda08b03b1c4b9a.jpg

I Legoman, heed the call to arms and pledge to paint the following for the glory of the Dark Gods:

Chaos lord 5
Dark apostle 5
14 cultists 14
5 havocs 5
Venomcrawler 3
Total 32

If I fail may my soul be consumed by the fell denizens of the warp.

1688667932959665435298292622503.jpg

Edited by legoman
Sp

WIP update. Basing for last, I got the sorc done and am steadily working on the dusty boys.

Spoiler

07BE50C1-E50F-4538-BA57-D7BC7065AE3B.jpeg

I'd also like to put in for Master of the Forge. This pledge has my Lord Discordant that I tzeentched up, but my next will have something else. how many entires can we put foward for MotF?

Edited by sitnam

14 hours ago, sitnam said:

WIP update. Basing for last, I got the sorc done and am steadily working on the dusty boys.

Hide contents

07BE50C1-E50F-4538-BA57-D7BC7065AE3B.jpeg

I'd also like to put in for Master of the Forge. This pledge has my Lord Discordant that I tzeentched up, but my next will have something else. how many entires can we put foward for MotF?

So submitted, I'll update :thumbsup:

Great to see everybody who has made a vow!

@Boc - 3 knights!  Can't wait to see what you are going to do to them!

@Brother Argent - A warpsmith and a maulerfiend seem like a good combo.  Looking forward to seeing what options you give them.

@Teetengee - A converted juggerlord, looking forward to seeing what you do.   Though, I note that by seeking the Master of the Forge, while still my ally you've also made yourself my competitor - which requires an appropriate response (see below).

@Muskie - A real mixed bag of models you are doing up, but all of them nurgly!  Look forward to seeing them and the names you give them.

@sitnam - Good to seeing some dusty boys showing up to fight!  Look forward to seeing how they and your discolord turn out and what conversions you are making to it.  I note that you too are my competitor for Master of the Forge.

@gaurdian31 - A patrol box is a great way to start things off!

@Cactus - A hammerlord!  A number of those in the running this event - I look forward to seeing how yours turns out.

@legoman - You're top chaos dog at the moment, with a bid of 32 points, edging out my own 30.  You are also a competitor

@Cpt.Danjou - A small bid of a single termie to start, but that's one point more than we would have otherwise!  Better to bid what you know you can complete rather than to fly to close to the sun - thoug the latter is far more characterful for a follower of chaos.

I look forward to seeing all your vows progress - be sure to share photos!

For all my competitors (currently Teegengee, sitname and legoman), I note that as a chaos player I'm contractually obligated to try to sabotage you now that we are competing for the same prize(s).  For each of you, my prayers to Slannesh have started - so if you are distracted by a sexy new girl and/or boyfriend, or by the best and/or most sex you've ever had, you know who to blame. :kiss:

Painted the first 3 of my possessed - really happy with them.  3 in one week is really quick for me - it did help that last weekend was a long weekend due to Canada day.  No conversions on these guys other than for the backback swap for the guy on the left.

uGU87yL.jpg

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui