=] Call to Arms: Chaos Stronghold [=

Firstly apologies for my terrible photos...

...But another 3 guys done, so that is the 7 man squad of traitor guard from Blackstone fortress finished. Bloodbound has also just arrived in the post - the sprues look amazing with so many heads. I will be using all the extras to corrupt some of the new Cadians at some point.

Army as a whole starting to take shape a bit.

I am on course with my painting plan so far. Next couple of weeks will be painting the havocs, although I can see them taking me longer based on how quickly I had painted the legionnaires. Although I am finding my speed increasing slowly! 16895394954757524096281116961045.thumb.jpg.48e99ff25fe86b12f992343e3f08a394.jpg1689539584412679548575509791960.thumb.jpg.7157ad01b18fbd7de6bbf91b44179a99.jpg

@Trixie - Our first 30K vow!  Look forward to seeing what legion you do those jet bikes.

@legoman - As I said before, your traitor guard look great and its good to see the whole unit done.  Definitely puts the pressure on my to up my game to keep... my prayers to Slannesh don't seem to be working. :kiss:

@crimsondave - 4 tanks!  That's our first real armour vow.  And, at 31 points, that puts you in before me and thus as a competitor - you have been warned!  Any distracting sexy times will all be my fault. :kiss:  Your tanks and termies look great - as you said, only the Spartan to go!

@Teetengee - Good to see your juggerlord coming together, though its not quite clear what you are doing with it yet. 

@Cpt.Danjou - Our first completed vow and first revow!  If you continue the same exponential bidding, your last bid will have to be 25 models. :smile:

@sitnam - Your dusty termies look great!

@gaurdian31 - Your hellbrute turned out really nicely.

@Brother Captain Arkley - Welcome!  Our first primarch!

As for @Boc , @Brother Argent@Muskie and @Cactus - hopefully you are all making some progress behind the scenes - let us know how we can help cheer you on!

Myself, I slowed down a bit this week and only did 2 more - the aspiring champion (left) and another dude (right).  The other dude is by far the most detailed of the batch, and feels like it took 50% longer than the others did.

u1BT470.jpg

Anyway, really happy with them - particularly the faces and the other dude's tentacles.  Only the icon/standard bearer left out of these 6.

That said, I got at least some paint on to most of my other models, so hopefully I'll be able to jump over to whatever I do next after this squad is done.

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

1 hour ago, Dr_Ruminahui said:

As for @Boc , @Brother Argent@Muskie and @Cactus - hopefully you are all making some progress behind the scenes - let us know how we can help cheer you on!

I finally should finish up the Despoiler tomorrow which was what was holding me back. Then I've got a plan to crank the hell out of these ones. 

@Grotsmasha with the CK point adjustment, I'm no longer running the Tyrant in my lineup, switching him up with a Lancer. I know it said no changing vows, but I'd REALLY like to do the Lancer that just got delivered before either the Tyrant or the Rampager, which are going to be fancy looking paperweights.

Edited by Boc

46 minutes ago, Boc said:

@Grotsmasha with the CK point adjustment, I'm no longer running the Tyrant in my lineup, switching him up with a Lancer. I know it said no changing vows, but I'd REALLY like to do the Lancer that just got delivered before either the Tyrant or the Rampager, which are going to be fancy looking paperweights.

As far as The Call to Arms is concerned, they're the same point value, yeah? As long as the new model meets the Challenge starting condition, edit in the correct new model pic and it'll be all good.

@Dr_Ruminahui how kind of you to think of me. I haven't actually started yet. I have two more boxes of StackaRack to build before I unpack and sort my paints. Then I can paint whenever I want!

IMG_20230717_112547.jpg

Might as well enter as have a few stuff to get painted as I update my army for 10th as well as try and paint stuff I haven't got around to yet

"I, Plaguecaster, heed the Call to Arms and pledge to paint Rotigus and a converted Death Guard predator destructor to total of 10pt for the Glory of Heretic Astartes  Chaos Stronghold on or before 30th September, 2023 or bear the badge of failure until years end." 

Even though I know he's chaos daemons, Rotigus is solely being taken as daemon ally for my Death Guard

Predator is a heavily converted one using the Plague burst crawler and deimos predator, been primed for a while so need some motivation to paint which this shoould help with 

20230715_105223.thumb.jpg.acd49e5610c1fc4f15e0f8c8cc41ad16.jpg

20230715_105233.thumb.jpg.2727b30d444deac18cabbf1850ab5f2c.jpg

On 7/13/2023 at 7:37 PM, Brother Captain Arkley said:

"I, Brother Captain Arkley, heed the Call to Arms and pledge to paint Daemon Primarch Perturabo for 10 pts for the Glory of Chaos and the Imperium Stronghold on or before 30th September, 2023 or bear the badge of failure until years end."

photo_2023-06-15_12-45-55.jpg

10pts for Gryffindor = Oh wait wrong franchise :)

Daemon Primarch Perturabo - A flash of the future?

And he would not be complete without a dead Imperial Fist on the base.

20230718_232431.thumb.jpg.c0cb1a3426190528ce07c16c312a1f82.jpg20230718_232457.thumb.jpg.6d070580036a2d229b585c035f56a46a.jpg20230718_232445.thumb.jpg.3f2ce2280f65a751dbc2f25a29ea7e60.jpg

On 7/16/2023 at 9:51 PM, Grotsmasha said:

As far as The Call to Arms is concerned, they're the same point value, yeah? As long as the new model meets the Challenge starting condition, edit in the correct new model pic and it'll be all good.

And pledge updated with pic of the Lancer

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui
Link added to make it easier for Grotsmasha

Man, the Spartan is a real pain.  I could do at least 5 rhinos with the same amount of effort.

Update…

IMG_0080.thumb.jpeg.ec868538eadb695df1aef9bd52a874ff.jpeg

IMG_0083.thumb.jpeg.c267106156de9288f735cddefae71f0e.jpeg

That was a pain.  I was gonna do more kitbash but I just wanted to get done.  Probably add some spikes at the end.  I’m painting the tracks before gluing.  My IW Land Raider parts had some fitting issues that took up time.

Edited by crimsondave
Update

13 hours ago, gaurdian31 said:

Some really good looking work in this thread! I am working on the havocs for the combat patrol right now. Got the main red down, now working on details.

Me too re the havocs. About half way through the first red coat. It takes an absolute age (for me at least!). Which legion are yours?

16899258610964831904070457572987.jpg

9 hours ago, legoman said:

Me too re the havocs. About half way through the first red coat. It takes an absolute age (for me at least!). Which legion are yours?

I'm painting up my combat patrol as Word Bearers, as you seem to be as well. I've been basing them with Stormhost Silver over a black primer and then using Flesh Tearers Red contrast for the red and they seem to paint up quickly. it is the detail work that takes me the most time, which is also an absolute age. I am hoping to maybe get a few done over the weekend.

I, renegadeguard, heed the Call to Arms and pledge to paint a corrupted Leman Russ battle tank for 5 pts for the Glory of Realm of Chaos and the Chaos Stronghold on or before 30th September, 2023 or bear the badge of failure until years end.

Untitled.jpg

Better late then never....

I, Tallarn Commander, heed the Call to Arms and pledge to paint [1 CSM Mind Witch from a Dark Commune Squad] for [1 point]for the Glory of [Chaos Heretic Astartes] and the Imperium Stronghold on or before 30th September, 2023 or bear the badge of failure until years end."

Sister Magrog, Chaos Mindwitch

image.thumb.png.4521ef3f085da0bedec16d9721980c7d.png

Here Sister Magrog can be seen on the steel Wastes of Verisia Prime. She was attached to the retinue of Renegade Commander Dnegrah as a Rogue Psyker (House Nightfall's 9th Nostromans, a Renegades & Heretics Traitor Guard regiment)

Here is a link if you want to see the Nostroman 9th Traitor Guard regiment with all its units:

https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/321042-tallarn-commanders-chaos-night-lords-host-raptorial-go-to-a-rtt/?do=findComment&comment=5503432

image.png

Edited by Tallarn Commander

I'm using this as motivation to try and finish all my CSM stuff.  I was going to just throw an all or nothing vow with everything I have left in it but there was WAY more than I thought.  I buy too many of those discount boxes.  Therefore, I'm gonna try half what's left and see how it goes.  I'll finish my Iron Warriors with this one anyway and start some Black Legion.  Anyway....

I, crimsondave, heed the call to arms and pledge to the Iron and chaos undivided to paint 1 Iron Warriors Terminator Lord, 1 Black Legion Chaos Lord, xBlack Legion Aspiring Championx (Terminator Sorcerer substituted), Abaddon, 1 Iron Warriors Leviathan Dreadnought, 1 Iron Warriors Predator, 1 Iron Warriors Vindicator, 30 Black Legion Legionaires, and 20 Cultists for 83 points on or before 30 September 2023.

Spoiler

0.thumb.jpg.381be81c1f04298dc9fd406d8260da32.jpg

Spoiler

0.thumb.jpg.d73320933fa031b239e505f8c95ee5b2.jpg

Spoiler

IMG_0128.jpeg.e9dc3a957feb6459af8a108c508868f5.jpeg

Edited by crimsondave

Some more small progress on my part - finished last guy in my possesseds squad of 6, and a small piece off terrain - not sure why the first photo is so huge.  I'll post a picture of the squad together when I finish basing it.

lwhz0er.jpg

iTMdXPy.jpg

@Plaguecaster - Nice nurgly vow - that predator kit bash is sweet.

@Brother Captain Arkley - Nice work on the Primarch, it turned out great and basically took you no time at all.  What bits is he made out of?

@crimsondave - Your vow turned out very nicely, and then you respond with our first mega-vow!  Provided you manage to complete it, you've taken us all out of contention for most chaos painted.

@sitnam - Your discolord looks very nice - what kit(s) is it kitbashed with?  I particularly like his hand flamer.

@gaurdian31 - Hopefully your wordbearers are coming along.

@legoman - Nice to see you getting some paint on your havocs.

@renegadeguard - Welcome, I'm glad I could twist your arm into joining.  That  Russ is awesomely creepy - you should enter it into the running for Master of the Forge, where you get to give BCA's Peterbo and the other entries a run for the money.

@Tallarn Commander - Glad you decided to throw your hat into the ring, and I look forward to seeing how she turns out.

@Trixie@Teetengee, @Cpt.Danjou, @gaurdian31@Boc , @Brother Argent@Muskie and @Cactus - haven't heard from you this week, come let us know how you are doing.

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui