Sprue Hungry - A World Eaters Plog

Guiltysparc

Well, well, well, B&C we meet again.  I kept a large plog of my 30k world eaters a few years ago, and then my ultramarines project for 8th edition.  Ended up getting tied up doing other things during most of 9th, so no army work to speak of there.  However, with the release of the world eaters book and the dawn of 10th, we're back baby.  First up is a handful of berzerkers.  I thought this kit was wildly detailed for what is essentially a troops choice, I really liked the models.  Next up will be a master of executions, but i hate the official model, so i'm doing a kitbash of harken worldclaimer and extra bits from the zerker box.

20230629_104804.thumb.jpg.e9a7704d7043fb6c042a7deee090a2d8.jpg20230629_104546.thumb.jpg.1618e2e20c6ed53bdf332132034a27be.jpg

18 hours ago, Mumeishi said:

Wow Very Nice, I love the Conversion and the face is Chef's kiss !! :thumbsup:

What's your "Brass" done with if i may ask ?? 

M. 

Sure thing, super simple retributor armor washed with agrax and edged with liberator gold.  One thing is that is spray the whole model with Mephiston Red spray first, do the gold goes over top of red, which gives it good coverage with just a two coats.

• 3 weeks later...

WoW , looking great there, as mentioned , the black weapons add value to the scheme! consider that Yoinked :tongue:...  Base Colours and basing material help frame the reds too  :thumbsup:

Cheers, M

++EDIT++ The warm skin colour looks really good as well, it really compliments with the red!

Edited by Mumeishi

11 hours ago, Guiltysparc said:

Thanks!!

I wish i could figure out how to take better pictures.  My previous phone took really good shots of my minis, but the new one seems to struggle a bit.

The Pics look pretty fine, perhaps try printing off a Backdrop sheet in A4 to help focus on the model... I think Massive Voodoo has a few you can print off 

-  https://massivevoodoo.blogspot.com/2010/05/photo-backgrounds.html

What phone do you have... Android? or Apple?... 

Cheers, M.

• 1 month later...

Lord Invocatus!  I loved this model as soon as it came out and i was super excited to build and paint it.  Way back in the day I had converted a juggerlord from the old, finecast fantasy set, this guy is definitely more 40k than my conversion, lol.

image.thumb.jpeg.53dd9e82e5a7ae5dd2331fb87d4c8876.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.99ee7c1adadbf363b3d670fde76a3cff.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.1af4b137fb344b24b08f7167c5c2161d.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.736fcf411a9a901a3dbebef8bf3be355.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.dc1c114b84a1d0f93132e20314e18660.jpeg

• 1 month later...

I forgot to ask, Did you paint Invocatus on the Mount?, I'm tackling that model at the moment and finding it a real pain in the proverbial to paint :confused:  Did you do the saddle etc and the Mount first then do the lord...?? I like painting things in parts and the way this model went together has made that impossible :sweat: . 

Your paint jobs are very nice and crisp and pop just the right amount , I'm a tad bit jelly of your force, but also inspired... :laugh:.

Cheers, M 

12 hours ago, Mumeishi said:

I forgot to ask, Did you paint Invocatus on the Mount?, I'm tackling that model at the moment and finding it a real pain in the proverbial to paint :confused:  Did you do the saddle etc and the Mount first then do the lord...?? I like painting things in parts and the way this model went together has made that impossible :sweat: . 

Your paint jobs are very nice and crisp and pop just the right amount , I'm a tad bit jelly of your force, but also inspired... :laugh:.

Cheers, M 

Ya, so i did invocatus in a couple pieces.  The mount was whole and separate.  Invocatus himself i assembled except for the left leg and head.  I was worried that if i put both legs on, i wouldn't be able to get the model on the mount so i did the left leg by itself, and i generally prefer to do heads/faces by themselves.  I also left the shoulder pads off and did them separately, mostly because i wasn't sure if i was going to use them or not.