Sprue Hungry - A World Eaters Plog

Guiltysparc

• 4 weeks later...

Demon Prince!  Super happy with how this dude turned out, especially the little rotten head in the collected of skulls.  The white hair was a bit of a surprise, i had planned on doing it black, and with hair i like how the black contrast paints look so i hit it with the white and was like, wait a minute, this actually looks kind of cool!

image.thumb.jpeg.8ab712e241dbaac0039d6a96c8d67607.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.38666419fcf802b29f4817e55e9ca02e.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.b580fcd8ed90bfc11c5599de45e567d1.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.fbfc359db69d9d9811d84e9cdd6f3e40.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.72cae1cb8ce2178c8dc768f90bd26236.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.dfc0b795f5ffaef91828e7f342964509.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.1302419bfca10007473de8bde3aedd5c.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.9984f72ed3558a5fc1fdb24fa682b336.jpeg

Edited by Guiltysparc

He's Great and awesomely Painted as usual,   

but ...I gotta say (when you have kids you see stuff others don't :tongue:)

as soon as I saw your Demon Prince I went  Holy :cuss:that's a daemonic Booba" :laugh: (a character from a animated series)

r6Fc3LkkoSXBycHGjR6UCWh_XVKiSJ83lArSWl9l

Actually Booba can do some Demonic things so maybe it's fitting ....

Cheers M 

Edited by Mumeishi

Booba and Santa jokes aside, It's a damn fine Model and a great addition to your collection!  Now I want a Daemon Prince :laugh:

Cheers, M 

++EDIT++ I'm hoping we'll  see Angron in the New Year... ?!?... :wink: 

Edited by Mumeishi

17 hours ago, Mumeishi said:

Booba and Santa jokes aside, It's a damn fine Model and a great addition to your collection!  Now I want a Daemon Prince :laugh:

Cheers, M 

++EDIT++ I'm hoping we'll  see Angron in the New Year... ?!?... :wink: 

Oh yes, Angron is currently on the workbench being assembled!

On 11/22/2023 at 3:39 AM, Guiltysparc said:

Oh yes, Angron is currently on the workbench being assembled!

This is Good...  (I managed to get a hold of the Angron box for Christmas :sweat:) So I look forward to copying seeing your version of Angron :thumbsup:

Cheers, M. 

14 hours ago, Mumeishi said:

This is Good...  (I managed to get a hold of the Angron box for Christmas :sweat:) So I look forward to copying seeing your version of Angron :thumbsup:

Cheers, M. 

Ha!  Ya, he's been sitting on my shelf for a while.  I bought the WE range, plus the demon prince, when it was released at the tail end of 9th, but i was DMing a long term D&D game at the time and didn't have time to crack into them.  I've worked through everything leaving Angron for last and I'm super excited to get working on him.  WE are my first love (i did a whole 30k army back in 2015ish - Army, Knight Lancer).   

Decided to create a WIP thread for Angron.

Edited by Guiltysparc

• 1 month later...

Really nice work on all 3 of them :smile: 

It looks like the lightbox is working well :smile: One minor critique, if you don't mind - sometimes, there isn't much contrast between the model and the background, so it can be a little hard to make a couple of bits out ... I don't know if it's worth getting a lighter-coloured piece of paper and creating an infinity curve with it when you have a darker model?

2 hours ago, Firedrake Cordova said:

Really nice work on all 3 of them :smile: 

It looks like the lightbox is working well :smile: One minor critique, if you don't mind - sometimes, there isn't much contrast between the model and the background, so it can be a little hard to make a couple of bits out ... I don't know if it's worth getting a lighter-coloured piece of paper and creating an infinity curve with it when you have a darker model?

Oh ya, the box came with a white, blue, and red backdrop. Think it might pop more against the white?

2 hours ago, Firedrake Cordova said:

Yeah, I'd give it a go with the white one and see how it comes out :smile: (I'm a big fan of David Hobby's guide)

I'll take a look at that link.  I tried the white background and my phone's camera had a hard time metering the light, so I'll need to fiddle around with it a bit more to make it go.

5 hours ago, Firedrake Cordova said:

They came out great, didn't they? :thumbsup:

Funny thing with the eightbound is that i didn't care for the models at all when they came out, but as soon as i actually opened the box and laid eyes on the plastic, i was like, dang, these are freakin sweet!  

• 1 month later...