9 minutes ago, Lord Marshal said:

Better get those Solar Auxilia Sentinels in 32mm.

Interestingly the hull around the heavy bolter is a slightly different design to the Mars-pattern they just discontinued.

99590105331_DkkMarsAlphaPatternLemanRuss

They still sell it. They just discontinued the demolisher and vanquisher.

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-AU/Death-Korps-of-Krieg-Mars-Alpha-Pattern-Leman-Russ-with-Modified-Ryza-Pattern-Turret

4 minutes ago, Brother Captain Arkley said:

Jesus I thought it could get toxic here, but man Twitch chat is another level...

It proves one thing... Some of you will never be happy.

As for Epic... I am just not sure.

I think it's more that people want support for the big game, not the little version of the normal game who have had much awaited plastic kits shown before the normal game.

Also, outside of GW using people's nostalgia to grab more of their money, I don't see what the point of this game is.

Price depending for me.

I've already got so much 28mm EC stuff that I'm not sure if I want to knock out an epic scale force.

The mechanics of the game along with aforementioned price will determine what I do/ don't.

Just now, No Foes Remain said:

I think it's more that people want support for the big game, not the little version of the normal game who have had much awaited plastic kits shown before the normal game.

Also, outside of GW using people's nostalgia to grab more of their money, I don't see what the point of this game is.

No thats not it.... Every preview is never good enough. 

I wonder if they’ll do the Reaver and Warlord bases in this new thin style. Happy to see some more AT weapons in plastic. 

Will definitely be grabbing a load of the scenery. Got some from AT but it went away before I could get more. 

16 minutes ago, No Foes Remain said:

As someone who hit pause on their 30k collection, I do agree that it's crazy to see plastic HH assault marines coming out first in epic scale.

But I do see the point of HH epic as well. It's always played totally differently to the 28mm games and it's the natural scale for all the cool aircraft and titans that need lots of tiny infantry to stomp on.

Even for larger units, small scale can be a bit iffy.

I've been getting into aircraft so have considered aeronautica, but the 28mm scale models just have so much more depth.

Titans work pretty well at titanicus scale though.

I'd be interested in larger scale BFG. That could be cool.

Some nice minis there so i may well pick it up, will have to rebase the Warhounds ofc to match the rest of the Legio and probably flog the puny humans :P 

Im still a bit anxious about the rules, but then its easy enough to just use the older ones.

Bit anxious about how they wouldnt say what most of the minis are made out of though, Resin will sink it like a stone im sure, especially as they are competing directly against a mature 3rd party/3d printer* market. Just means ill get the new warhound bits off a splitter though.

*Like, if the uggo Sentinel isnt on cults by monday ill be surprised.

5 minutes ago, Redcomet said:

They are 8mm… no way they would be customizable and unique at that size. 

That's...that's what I'm saying? It's the reason why, despite being interested in the concept of a game simulating grand-scale battles, I'm not going to get into it because it isn't artistically appealing to me. Am I missing something here or are you just restating my point? 0.o

26 minutes ago, Brother Captain Arkley said:

No thats not it.... Every preview is never good enough. 

I mean, if you want people to shut up and just praise GW like good lil consumers you are using the wrong communication medium really. I dont think anything bar the Knights previewed today didnt have some controversy following it already, let alone the millions of things they didnt preview :D  

4 minutes ago, Noserenda said:

Bit anxious about how they wouldnt say what most of the minis are made out of though, Resin will sink it like a stone im sure, especially as they are competing directly against a mature 3rd party/3d printer* market. Just means ill get the new warhound bits off a splitter though.

Yeah, I just read the article and as far as I can see it only talks about the warhound weapons as being plastic. Anxious is the right word. If the majority of new Epic is resin, it would be a huge shame and a pass from me.

7 minutes ago, Noserenda said:

They've never once stuck resin in a boxset for any system have they?