Etiquette of 3d printed/3rd party models

Go to solution Solved by librisrouge,

14 hours ago, Shamansky said:

Pure collectors don't buy hundreds of models from the same kit, ya know. In most cases people buy armies for thousands points with the intention to play the game.

You're living in a bubble.

Believe it or not we just don't hang out at the LGS, so you're not going to find out with your anecdotal experiences.

1 hour ago, JayJapanB said:

Believe it or not we just don't hang out at the LGS, so you're not going to find out with your anecdotal experiences.

Right? Like why would a collector who is super into the lore want to build a full chapter of space marines, or an entire regiment of guard?

no way that ever happens at all right?

but at the same time few players are buying hundreds of models of the same kit outside of swarm armies. I’d be willing to bet players are less likely to do what he described than collectors are. Games above 2000 points aren’t common, and sure as new kits come out players will likely buy them and very slowly(for the most part) exceed that 2000 point mark.

chances are you won’t find many marine players with more than 100 total tactical marines/intercessors of any kind, won’t find many with hundreds of devastators or any other marine kits.

might find a few marine players in heavily populated area that have several hundred models total spread across multiple kits.

hell I don’t think I have several hundred guard infantry total and I played fairly regularly if not super often from 8th until now.

Edited by Inquisitor_Lensoven

On 7/11/2023 at 4:50 AM, JayJapanB said:

On 7/11/2023 at 6:13 AM, Inquisitor_Lensoven said:

Like why would a collector who is super into the lore want to build a full chapter of space marines, or an entire regiment of guard?

no way that ever happens at all right?

yeah, let's count as the rule the one in a thousand guy who have NEVER wanted to play the game, has his room turned into diorama depicting the Siege of Vraks. Are those many?
I met lots of different WH40k fans during the last ten years at tournaments and conventions. Some of those don't bother with models at all. They limit their hobby with BL books and FFG-games. My 'anecdotal' experience tells me that collectors who've NEVER intended to play the game just collect unique models and something they are intersted to paint or convert, which rarely exceeds 1000pts in average and in most cases before 9th and 10th was an unplayable set of units.

In the end "too much 3d printing and 3rd party purchasing, and it will significantly cut into GW’s profits" are not my words. and i don't know what are you fighting for here if nothing bad is happening to gee greedy dubs.

• 1 month later...