Plastic Dire Wolf Scout Titans

:jawdrop: 

Very unexpected but extremely welcome, I'll be investing in 1 box at least. Are you able to magnetise the carapace weapon on the resin version (which I assume uses exactly the same CAD files as this).

Edited by Burni

Now this is an encouraging development! I was legit considering grabbing a resin one for Epic as its not too much of a price gouge but this is definitely better! 

Just hope its got proper AT bases in the kit too :) 

2 minutes ago, Noserenda said:

Just hope its got proper AT bases in the kit too :) 

I'm beginning to think I'll be using either standard height or 3rd party bases for LI as I don't like the roadway design on the low height ones nor do I like the little stick-up corner on all the LI titan bases shown so far.

14 minutes ago, JayJapanB said:

lol, why? 

Becouse working with plastic is so much easier for me, and my backlog of resin models is a few years. 

14 minutes ago, Burni said:

I'm beginning to think I'll be using either standard height or 3rd party bases for LI as I don't like the roadway design on the low height ones nor do I like the little stick-up corner on all the LI titan bases shown so far.

I magnetise my bases for transport, and these new ones look to thin to do that with, so will probably stick with the normal GW bases and uses these LI ones as the base for battlefield terrain, stick a building on it and some debris.

Edited by Trokair

9 minutes ago, Noserenda said:

One concern i did see raised is whether this box will include the full AT rules for the titan and its cards, because right now they are only available with the resin version.

I reckon they'll put the terminals in the box, and they only need four weapon cards total, so that's only a slip of paper for them. The Warbringer has terminals in the box with three cards.

Glad to see they're starting to reveal future planned units for this game :smile:

I'm looking forward to seeing the tanks though, regular and super-heavy; Rhinos and Spartans for the little infantry, and Fellblades and Glaives to accompany them :biggrin:

8 minutes ago, Trokair said:

Becouse working with plastic is so much easier for me, and my backlog of resin models is a few years. 

I can tell you it quickly gets as easy as plastic once you're used to it. Backlog isn't gonna get smaller by buying more models.

Well that's 2 goals for the price of 1. New Adeptus Titanicus and LI plastic release.

It's a bonus to me too... I didn't like the resin version as I felt it reminded me or poultry. But now it appears to be angled differently, possibly lower because it's firing at smaller targets :wink: and now it looks much better to my mind.

8 minutes ago, Astartes Consul said:

I did, for a moment, think that was 28mm scale...

That would be pretty nuts. It would be the first time in a while we got a new big titan. Warhound itself has been around for ages.

1 minute ago, JayJapanB said:

I can tell you it quickly gets as easy as plastic once you're used to it. Backlog isn't gonna get smaller by buying more models.

Oh I know, I have about 4k of Mechanicum, split between Legio Cybernetica and Ordo Reductor, plus all assorted other, but I just prefer hard plastic, especially for conversion and kit bashing.

22 minutes ago, Captain Idaho said:

Well that's 2 goals for the price of 1. New Adeptus Titanicus and LI plastic release.

It's a bonus to me too... I didn't like the resin version as I felt it reminded me or poultry. But now it appears to be angled differently, possibly lower because it's firing at smaller targets :wink: and now it looks much better to my mind.

The problem with the dire wolf stock is actually the head. You see, when you buy it stock, because of the way the ball and socket joint works at the neck, you can't have the head looking level with the ground, it has to look down at the floor, and it looks awful as a result, like it's trying to duck out of the way of it's own shot.
If you trim the socket on the body at the top, you can mount the head so it's looking where it's firing, and it looks much better.

5 minutes ago, Trokair said:

Oh I know, I have about 4k of Mechanicum, split between Legio Cybernetica and Ordo Reductor, plus all assorted other, but I just prefer hard plastic, especially for conversion and kit bashing.

You and I are different beasts. Over the past year my resin models have quickly outnumbered my plastic ones. It's a bit model dependant, but I really prefer the detail and the art direction at FW.

Some models like this one look pretty much the same.