firestorm40k Posted May 30 Author Share Posted May 30 Thank you all for your kind comments Now for a slight tangent… Yes, I know I should be finishing those flippin’ Inceptors but I grabbed a couple of Contrast paints from my FLGS today to test my idea for the scheme I want to do my next army in: Knights. Going for the easy route, Contrast over metallic base. Tried over two bases - Leadbelcher and Retributor Armour, on the left Mantis Warriors Green, on the right Karandras Green. I’m erring towards Retributor base with Karandras Green; I like the Mantis Warriors over Leadbelcher, but it doesn’t seem to cover as well as Karandras does (two coats of each on all those components). Anyway, back to those Inceptors - once they’re done CtA, and a Knight army, are calling… 5 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/379491-ashen-sentinels-my-primaris-space-marine-army/page/11/#findComment-6173131 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Rusted Boltgun Posted May 30 Share Posted May 30 I would agree with your test results. Looks really good (will bookmark for some Striking Scorpions I'm the future). Sending you internet encouragement tokens for the Inceptors. I'll go back to mine at some point too... 2 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/379491-ashen-sentinels-my-primaris-space-marine-army/page/11/#findComment-6173132 Share on other sites More sharing options...
gaurdian31 Posted June 1 Share Posted June 1 I like both the Karandras Green sets, but I prefer the lead belcher. I don't see many armies with silver trim so it pops a little more. 1 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/379491-ashen-sentinels-my-primaris-space-marine-army/page/11/#findComment-6173310 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Heraclite Posted June 1 Share Posted June 1 Agreed. Karandras green looks better on both gold and silver. But the silver contrasts more 1 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/379491-ashen-sentinels-my-primaris-space-marine-army/page/11/#findComment-6173319 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Dr_Ruminahui Posted June 5 Share Posted June 5 (edited) I like the green over the gold better (either green, though I prefer the visual interest of the gold peeking through on the green on the left), but the silver trim. Edited June 5 by Dr_Ruminahui 2 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/379491-ashen-sentinels-my-primaris-space-marine-army/page/11/#findComment-6173933 Share on other sites More sharing options...
sockwithaticket Posted June 8 Share Posted June 8 Another vote for Karandras + silver. 1 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/379491-ashen-sentinels-my-primaris-space-marine-army/page/11/#findComment-6174494 Share on other sites More sharing options...
firestorm40k Posted June 12 Author Share Posted June 12 Thank you all for your feedback - you’ve actually swayed me to Karandras and Silver (and in doing so, an inadvertent football related faux-pas - let’s just say, I’m Suffolk born and bred, if you know you know ). And I’ll be able to make a start on these as part of CtA - because I’ve finished the Inceptors (thank the Throne..! ) I say done, upon putting the subassemblies together I discovered I’d made quite an error - the jump pack doesn’t go all the way down the back of the Inceptor, so I’d drilled the hole for the armature/mount too low; beneath where the actual jump pack goes So I’ll have to revisit these at some point. Also, I’m not a fan of these flying stands Also, I finished another two Intercessors - so I can swap a Sgt out of of one of my 5-man squads, to make two 10 men squads So, a little break from these Marines (though I’ve a Librarian and a Brutalis to finish) to do some Knights - just in time for CtA (although I’ll miss the first week as I’m on holiday ) 3 6 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/379491-ashen-sentinels-my-primaris-space-marine-army/page/11/#findComment-6175241 Share on other sites More sharing options...
gaurdian31 Posted June 12 Share Posted June 12 Looking good! I agree about the flight stands, they just make the models feel a little off to me for some reason. Excited to see your Knights for CtA! 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/379491-ashen-sentinels-my-primaris-space-marine-army/page/11/#findComment-6175268 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Rusted Boltgun Posted June 12 Share Posted June 12 Sterling work. Any particular reason for Bolter rather than plasma? The hazard markings really work on those gunshields. Looking forward to seeing your Knights. 1 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/379491-ashen-sentinels-my-primaris-space-marine-army/page/11/#findComment-6175278 Share on other sites More sharing options...
firestorm40k Posted June 13 Author Share Posted June 13 6 hours ago, Rusted Boltgun said: Any particular reason for Bolter rather than plasma? For the simple reason - I had the miniatures for the Bolter ones, as I got those in the Dark Imperium set My approach to army collecting is to try and do it cheaply as possible, so getting starter or army sets is normally my source for most models I’m definitely aware that the Plasma ones are more useful on the game, but I can only work with what I have 2 1 2 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/379491-ashen-sentinels-my-primaris-space-marine-army/page/11/#findComment-6175299 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Dr. Clock Posted June 13 Share Posted June 13 8 hours ago, firestorm40k said: Plasma ones are more useful Both are perfectly decent - I have 3 of each and they rarely disappoint. Great little turn deep-strike scoring pieces, and can punch up in a pinch. Sus 2 twin-linked heavy bolters? The bolters will surprise you, and if you take a 6-man that's enough dakka that really any buff to shooting will make people sit up and notice. Great job on the weathering too. Cheers, The Good Doctor. 3 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/379491-ashen-sentinels-my-primaris-space-marine-army/page/11/#findComment-6175325 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now