Hi everyone I'm creating g a homebrew ultramarines successor but I'm struggling with the name. I was originally calling them the storm consuls but I think I could do better. If anyone has any ideas please feel free to share. This chapter specializes in fast attack units like the white scars like how the doom eagles act like the raven guard

14 hours ago, Siegemaster Terric said:

Hi everyone I'm creating g a homebrew ultramarines successor but I'm struggling with the name. I was originally calling them the storm consuls but I think I could do better. If anyone has any ideas please feel free to share. This chapter specializes in fast attack units like the white scars like how the doom eagles act like the raven guard

Argonaughts from the planet Argo. :)

5 minutes ago, Eilio Tiberius said:

Order of Marius

Based on the old HH legion first captain. Founded by former veterans of his chapter, who loved their captain and wanted to "keep a candle in the window" for him (and to honor him) since he was lost in the warp chasing old man Kor Phaeron.

I do like that but how about the Knights of Marius

Sons of Bradbury (chasing WB to burn their books)

Knights of the Comet (comets denote speed, make up some fluff referring to some comet that comes through Macragge or Calth or something)

Star Stalkers

Hammers of Wrath

Retribution Eagles

What about the Praetorian Falcons?

The idea would be that "Praetorian" relates them to the Ultramarines (who of course have a very Greco-Roman theme to everything about them) and "Falcons" represents them being fast, unescapeable hunters,  like the White Scars.

Just my opinion of course, but I also think "Praetorian Falcons" has a pretty cool sound to it and kind of represents the dual elements of nobility and fierceness that I would imagine in an Ultramarine Successor that is organized/fights a lot like the White Scars.

10 hours ago, Siegemaster Terric said:

I do like that but how about the Knights of Marius

That's good, if you want to draw from Roman history, the Latin word for "knight" is "equites" (I think pronounced eh-kwui-tez).

10 hours ago, Siegemaster Terric said:

And how would I translate their fast attack specialization to the name , like they are perpetually hunting the word bearers as vengeance for what they did to the 500 world's during the heresy

If you want to reach even further, the mythical founder of Rome, Romulus, had a personal bodyguard of 300 equites called the Celeres, literally means "the speedy squadron".  Like, I dunno, just brainstorming, The Celeres of Ultramar or The Celeres of the 500.  I got no idea, I'm just making up stuff now.

OK a lot of good ideas but I've finally de ided one name, I hope everyone doesn't get mad at me but I've decided on the silver consuls. I plan to paint up a couple of models and post some lore in the coming days so if you would like to know more keep in touch

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/16/2023 at 4:09 AM, ArielRSA said:

I like the second one as well. Maybe you could work black in on the winged skull or the helmet?

Another thought might be to just do the wings in black, golden skull, black wings?

My initial thought had been like a reverse Deathwatch.

Have the right Pauldron and arm be black, to mark them for the betrayal.

Then as a marine goes up in the ranks less armor gets painted black to show that acts of contrition can bring absolution. So a Captain has like a black hand, a Lieutenant a black arm etc.

21 hours ago, mel_danes said:

Another thought might be to just do the wings in black, golden skull, black wings?

My initial thought had been like a reverse Deathwatch.

Have the right Pauldron and arm be black, to mark them for the betrayal.

Then as a marine goes up in the ranks less armor gets painted black to show that acts of contrition can bring absolution. So a Captain has like a black hand, a Lieutenant a black arm etc.

I do like that idea

I should probably go over the lore this chapter as well here. Their a 2nd founding chapter that was consisted of many veterans of the first chapter led by marius gage during the battle of calth they wanted to honor memory after he went chasing after kor phaeron. However their first crusade didn't end very well as their numbers were drastically reduced to a mere 300 astartes. And even with the reinforcement of primaris they only had 600 marines. These ha e become e master outsiders,scouts,and skirmishes perfering lightning warfare so much so that veterans of this chapter are compared to the white scars.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/21/2023 at 9:24 PM, Siegemaster Terric said:

I should probably go over the lore this chapter as well here. Their a 2nd founding chapter that was consisted of many veterans of the first chapter led by marius gage during the battle of calth they wanted to honor memory after he went chasing after kor phaeron. However their first crusade didn't end very well as their numbers were drastically reduced to a mere 300 astartes. And even with the reinforcement of primaris they only had 600 marines. These ha e become e master outsiders,scouts,and skirmishes perfering lightning warfare so much so that veterans of this chapter are compared to the white scars.

When did their first crusade take place? As a 2nd founding chapter, they must have had a long history and this time gap between the first crusade reducing the chapter to only 300 marines and introduction of Primaris only building it up to only 600 leaves me with lots of questions. I am perplexed:blink:

For what it's worth, I still think Storm Consuls is a rockin' good name:woot:

I hadn't really flushed out the rest of their lore yet I've developed some tidbits o n their lore and their command structure they don't have a chapter master per say their commanded by a group called the tribunes celerum. Which is made of the chapter senior officers and veterans with the first captain. Also to answer your question their first crusade the [working Title] dawn crusade was around M32 as they disappeared into the eye of terror and were spat back out around m36 due to warp time distortion nonsense. During this time they came into contact with a chaos warband called the exalted who decimated the chapter to its current number before they escaped the eye. I'm not sure how to flush the rest of this out though to make it believable by 40k standards

On 7/17/2023 at 12:31 AM, Siegemaster Terric said:

OK a lot of good ideas but I've finally de ided one name, I hope everyone doesn't get mad at me but I've decided on the silver consuls. I plan to paint up a couple of models and post some lore in the coming days so if you would like to know more keep in touch

Oh yeah! Way to go! That can end up being a nice paint scheme and also an easier one to replicate!

On 8/16/2023 at 2:21 AM, Siegemaster Terric said:

OK I made some mockups to look at

sm (1).jpeg

sm.jpeg

Love that! Both are good but I'd choose the second one. It just goes better together imo.