Updates to Datacards!

Sword Brethren got their lightning claws which is nice, and i'm also happy to see that crusader squad neophytes no longer have to be uniform in their armament. I'm disappointed that they didn't add shotguns as a distinct wargear option, though. Consolidating what are clearly bolters and shotguns, aka distinct weapons, into a single profile for basically no reason is so, so lame. Hell, if I were a new player I'd be downright confused by the rules; I doubt anyone would naturally assume that the bolters and shotguns represented the same weapon rules wise. 

Edited by Mmmmm Napalm

Cryptothralls no longer give fight on death to the entire unit, which is honestly probably good, that was a bit bonkers, and they're still stupid good anyhow. Overlords and CCBs got a leadership change to 6+, but I don't remember if that value was originally a 5+ or a 7+... I think a 7+ but I'm not sure.

Transcendant C'Tan gets reanimation protocols which is very good. 

GSC Cult Ambush now replaces a destroyed unit with a fresh one, rather than returning the same destroyed unit. 

Does seem to mean they can restock their once per game Demo Charges.

Wyches still can’t access the squad leader or Special Weapons in their box. :cry:

I’ll go through it all when I get home in 5ish hours, but it sounds like it was mostly nuts-and-bolts getting tightened/fixed, while Factions requiring a tear down and rebuild were left alone?

10 minutes ago, Zoatibix said:

Does seem to mean they can restock their once per game Demo Charges

Yep! So they lost the ability to string out along the board from ambush, but gained the ability to wreck things multiple times from ambush. Well, wreck things even harder than they already were.

Our HQs being fixed with LT / Captain / Chapter Master keywords is HUGE, now we can properly attach Apothecaries and others!

OTOH separating Neophytes from Initiates and the Sword Brother by 6" bolt pistol range - boo. Not even about the range, but about the need to keep this in mind. Sigh.

On the third hacked off Genestealer hand, PSBs get their TLC back! YAY!
On the fourth vile xeno hand, the PCS embedded PSB still can't take the LLC, because - reasons?

An in the end - boo to the diminished PSB squad size.

Also, imagine touching the Vanguard Vets and the only change you make is the grav pistol D2. Sigh.

0NLqzzS.png

IyoB6wa.png

GSC:

Have to deploy within 3" with their entire unit (a tight fit for 20 man squads with 4 32mm bases but it's doable), can no longer string units out within their coherency 

Demolition run is now only once per battleround

Cult Ambushed/respawn units now definitely have their one-use equipment (I think most TOs ruled this way anyways)

Eldar:

Wraithguard do no gain the Pistol keyword when firing back after being targetted, from War Construct (if you shoot them with pistols/vehicles in combat they now can't shoot at all, they can be shut down)

Spiritseers can only bring back Wraiths in your own command phase, not both

Autarch Missile Launcher Starshot profile (more shots) is DMG1 not DMG2

Knights:

Lay Low the Tyrants is a single hit roll and single wound roll (most TOs ruled this way)

GSC got hit the hardest from these changes, certain Eldar builds too. Everything else seems to be QoL changes with no overt buffs to the lower end of the pack, September is probably the next time for a balance update for these?

Edited by TrawlingCleaner

5 minutes ago, EnsignJoker said:

Also, as far as I can tell, there’s still no announcement anywhere from GW this “update” is even out in the wild. Nothing on the WarCom page. If I didn’t scroll past a video on YouTube mentioning it and saw the post here, I’d have no idea this thing existed. 

Its announced on the WarCom page but it's a small bar not in the main news section. 

You'd be forgiven for missing it.