The End and the Death Part I, II, III, ...

13 minutes ago, grailkeeper said:

Vulkan mentions to an Imperial Fist in one of the beast series that he'll mention him to Dorn. Its got the clear implication that not only is Dorn alive but Vulkan knows where he is. Wherever he is at that point he's not in charge of the Fists anymore and has left them.

Ooh interesting 

I always read Vulkan's reference to Dorn as his being out of touch with current events, being that he devoted himself to protecting a single planet. Guilliman referring to the Khan I chalked up to delirium, as he was in the process of dying via poison. I wouldn't really hold BL to account for either statement.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2024 at 7:58 AM, Tymell said:

Tangent, but the fact that Volume II came 3rd in the "Book of the Year" votes tells me either the voting thing is faked, or the audience's tastes are very different to my own.

It was Erebus or Alpharius who messed up the numbers! I know it was!!!

I have yet to check out the Lion book, but I know a lot of people liked that one which is why it was so high up. But in my opinion, volume III was miles and miles better than volume II due to some of the reasons I listed back when I did my review.

17 hours ago, Blood Angel Scout said:

Part 3 only released this year or were the dates for selection different to calendar year?  

They always go January-January (January-February this year) for whatever reason. I believe Godeater’s Son came out January 2023 and wasn’t included in this year’s voting for instance. Why would they do it this way? Chaos is the only answer. 

Edited by cheywood

• 4 weeks later...

Just finished this.

Not sure how to feel about the three overall. Generally pretty good, a bit of bloat but things tended to tick along despite the marathon length. 

Don't feel the ending was particularly satisfying. Erebus in particular probably cements his place as most hated character of the entire series with how much he anti-climactically ruins potentially interesting threads.

Would have liked a bit more of a personal sitrep among the surviving movers and shakers once the dust has settled, as I feel it became a bit of a disjointed/disassociated? - I don't know the word to assign - waffle about the future.

Some interesting nuggets though sneaking in at the very end there.