Kill Team Annual 2023 – Season of the Gallowdark

52 minutes ago, DarkChaplain said:

It's so strange that the Hand of the Archon got done dirty with their 40k rules - they got none. WarCom today just said to use them as proxies for regular dudes. What a mess, one of the coolest kill teams getting shafted like this.

Same with the Votaan, the jump pack guy is just a normal dude. That is just lazy, not as lazy as what they did to the Hand of the Archon, but still lazy.

I also love how the article said "They'd make a nice Trueborn unit" when 10th killed Trueborn, and Bloodbrides and Haemoxicytes.

But I have a theory:

I'm hoping the dex brings them back... And when it does, the Archon's Hand might be the Trueborn datacard. And who knows, maybe we'll get upgrade kits in KT for the Wyches and Haemonculi too.

I'd much rather have dedicated kits for those units than just an upgrade frame. If Archon's Hand get repackaged as Trueborn and that's it I'll probably shelve my Drukhari, it's not even a particularly good upgrade frame. I still think the Dark Eldar range refresh in 5th edition is one of the best in GW history but improvements can be made here or there. I don't expect the current Wyche kit to be replaced but if Bloodbrides end up being the same kit with a new upgrade frame it will be huge waste.

No lore and no FAQ updates makes this a pass for me, sadly. For the price, there are other books I'd rather get.
One positive regarding KT though: The Gallowdark season scenery kits which disappeared on pre-order day are all back on the website. They're out of stock, of course, but "temporarily", so you can sign up for email notifications when they're back in stock.

5 hours ago, Nephaston said:

There seems to be one with extra cabling while the standard one is completely bald.

Screenshot2023-08-21at04-00-23KillTeamFlammkyn-BergungscrewGamesWorkshopWebstore.png.02e8a64ae3c202da4fa74aa03a339a9d.pngScreenshot2023-08-21at04-00-50Flammkyn-KriegerGamesWorkshopWebstore.png.7f7d363bcbd71182eef40efe490b485f.png

However it is indeed only one.

Se6083fa14f88891fca5477762a03.thumb.jpg.fe7e84427dd08ee34558c306a934379b.jpg

Thanks for the better picture of the upgrade sprue. It looks like with one Ironkin head from the original Hearthkyn Warriors sprue and the new cabled version on the Salvagers sprue you get to have 2 Ironkin per squad.

Screenshot_20230821-084512.png

On 8/20/2023 at 10:09 AM, phandaal said:

Just the one Ironkin. 3rd party still required if you want more of those.

Or you use ball bearing agitators, got me 100 count for $5 and fits great in Hearthktn, little green stuff needed for Hearthguard.