Exemplary Battles - The Depths of Tredecimmia (Inc. Daemon Engines)

16 hours ago, Misterduch said:

discord

Siege of Terra book, focus on IF/SoH.

After that a book for Li and from that point on we would het alternating books for AoD/LI at a rate of 2 books per year.

Theres more stuff from that source

Could I get DM'd what else your source leaked? I just want to know if there's anything to get excited about.

10 minutes ago, TheHaplessHeretic said:

Could I get DM'd what else your source leaked? I just want to know if there's anything to get excited about.

It's nothing major really.

The claims are that the Assault squad is going to come in 10 man boxes *but* apparently will be rather anemic with weapons. Deredeo is going to be split into 2 boxes with the weapons split between them ala leviathan. Command squad is going to be in boxes of 5 with apparently bits to make an apothecary. Omega sicaran turret is done in plastic in old style.

After the current roadmap there is going to be about 3 plastic kits per year but stuff like FIre raptor/Storm hawk would count as 1 kit. There are plans for a plastic speeder and irrc bikes. WE are next on the list for a preator set.

Most of his info is more about the inner workings of FW/GW, which quite frankly makes FW seem rather childish and downright elitist at once

There isn't much more to it and it is rather off topic

Edited by Misterduch

32 minutes ago, Misterduch said:

It's nothing major really.

The claims are that the Assault squad is going to come in 10 man boxes *but* apparently will be rather anemic with weapons. Deredeo is going to be split into 2 boxes with the weapons split between them ala leviathan. Command squad is going to be in boxes of 5 with apparently bits to make an apothecary. Omega sicaran turret is done in plastic in old style.

After the current roadmap there is going to be about 3 plastic kits per year but stuff like FIre raptor/Storm hawk would count as 1 kit. There are plans for a plastic speeder and irrc bikes. WE are next on the list for a preator set.

Most of his info is more about the inner workings of FW/GW, which quite frankly makes FW seem rather childish and downright elitist at once

There isn't much more to it and it is rather off topic

Is this posted in the thread somewhere. Specifically the internal workings info. 

Edit: Found it, it’s in the Crusade and Heresy Discord Leaks and Spoilers Channel starting yesterday afternoon. 

Edited by Marshal Rohr

On 8/16/2023 at 12:17 AM, Misterduch said:

discord

After that a book for Li and from that point on we would het alternating books for AoD/LI at a rate of 2 books per year.

Hmmmmmmmmm

I’m not saying it’s impossible, but that seems unlikely to me. Reads more like an educated guess combined with some cynicism. 

On 8/16/2023 at 1:17 AM, Misterduch said:

discord

Pretty interesting. Dont have Discord or I would check that out myself. It does make sense that they would rotate AoD campaign books with Legions Imperialis but of course it hadnt been announced yet that that LI would also get campaign books. 2 a year would be a very welcome uptick in production.

On 8/16/2023 at 6:37 PM, Marshal Rohr said:

Is this posted in the thread somewhere. Specifically the internal workings info. 

Edit: Found it, it’s in the Crusade and Heresy Discord Leaks and Spoilers Channel starting yesterday afternoon. 

Any chance you could copy paste the parts here?

I thiught about it and will now order the Kytan Daemon engine. It looks great has very playable but not OP rules and should be a nice center piece. 

A friend sells two Decimators and I am tempted to take these as well. Great looking models and again playable rules without being to oppressive. 

I think they did a really good job with this PDF. The other units almost made it as well for me. Hopefully that is a trend of them getting better at writing rules for 2ed. 

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Petitioner's City said:

To be honest I'm surprised there isn't any real discussion of them as mech units

It is absolutely weird.

Nobody seems to talk about the daemon machines in general. People acknowledged their existence and then kept playing their same old armies although they can have a big impact on the game. Plus they look extremely cool.

All of them.

Which is the main reason I wanted to have one of them. I love the Decimator model as well. Probably very tame on the board it is a real eye catcher. 

Yeah, it was a bit strange. I know I personally plan to get a greater brass scorpion to paint up in Xana II colors, but that's straight for rule of cool, as I haven't really started the Xana II force yet, besides some stuff in House Malinax.

9 hours ago, WrathOfTheLion said:

Yeah, it was a bit strange. I know I personally plan to get a greater brass scorpion to paint up in Xana II colors, but that's straight for rule of cool, as I haven't really started the Xana II force yet, besides some stuff in House Malinax.

Do it!

3 hours ago, Noserenda said:

They are a pretty niche subject, and 30k discussion in general feels like its at low ebb right now

I guess it depends, but with Throne of skulls, Malmö and a number of other events upcoming, it feels like it's quite alive? It's such a high ebb compared to the doldrums of 2019-22! (But yes we need more books, troops, and other releases!)