Warhammer+ Year 3: Content and Miniatures Teased.

37 minutes ago, 01RTB01 said:

image.png.db2c2ddc141fcf9d741e14e5fc371112.png

At this point they feel like the teacher telling students on a field trip it's "just round the corner" but it's actually 2432 miles away...

Wh+ Subscribers: Are we nearly there yet...?

My annual subscription isn't up for a few months (I don't think - must check) so I have time to see what app access I lose. Jr Boltgun has just discovered it (and big 40k having visited a GW store the other day) and has enjoyed building lists. We also watch the battle reports (nicely made and kid friendly).

The app isn't essential though - we still have pen and paper in the house.

Edited by Rusted Boltgun
More musings

The amount and uniqueness of plastic in subscription minis is directly equivalent to the amount and uniqueness of animations on WH+.
And this year we're getting a basic Kasrkin and a basic vampire. Not even a scenic base on them. Yay.

Crying shame I can't unsubscribe at least twice more.

So glad I never got it. It seemed like a bad deal then and it still is apparently. Shame I can't use the 40k app without it, but I'll live. I've managed decades without it so I'll manage a few more. 

Can't get over the fact that you have to get a subscription AND buy the codexes. I get either or, but just both is wild. I could say money grabbing, but I'm guess most people will give it a pass this way so I'm thinking they're leaving money on the table. I would shell out €10,- a month for access to all the rules and that would amount to more than I'd spend on codexes ever. It'll also make it easier for me to click together some other armies and maybe buy some more models, but nooooo.... stupid archaic policy. 

I will echo the sentiments, this mini would not inspire me.

Frustratingly, I think I will continue to sub so I don't lose access to the app. GW need to make the app a more central core of this service, perhaps an annual subscription comes with access to a single digital codex book of choice with no additional cost.

43 minutes ago, Blindhamster said:

I mean, it is a fairly iconic piece of art. That said, I could see myself actually getting the AoS mini this time

Agreed, although I also went for the Slaves to Darkness sorcerer last time.

20 hours ago, 01RTB01 said:

So... Pariah Nexus that's been discussed for 2/3 years has a couple of frames shown.

One frame of a chaos knight and one/ two frames of an imperial fist.

Sorry but it's poor. I've enjoyed the animations I've seen so far but I won't be subbing for y3.

Its very disappointing what they showed, almost nothing there in that trailer. Really hard to understand how you can think thats enough, hardly one or 2 frames in it.

I cancelled after the first year as I wanted neither of the second year minis. Can't say this coming year's offerings make me want to sign back up. Perhaps if you could get a character mini of your choice from any of their available stock, up to a certain value, that might lure me back, but not this.

On 8/16/2023 at 4:50 PM, 01RTB01 said:

So... Pariah Nexus that's been discussed for 2/3 years has a couple of frames shown.

One frame of a chaos knight and one/ two frames of an imperial fist.

Sorry but it's poor. I've enjoyed the animations I've seen so far but I won't be subbing for y3. I did last year as the chaos term was iconic and the year before for the vindicare.

This time I'll just sub for a month for next summer hols and catch up then. 

Regardless of the causes, the animation releases are so slow it really isn't worth it when the minis aren't great/ must have.

I agree when i subscribed the first year i was expecting 1 animation every week.  but its been a disappointment throughout.  The Paria nexus clips look great but i am sure that was advertised for year 2 but look like we wont see it until year 3.  I was expecting more animations like the 9th edition trailers with the space marines and sisters fighting necrons  but the animations have come along to slowly for my liking.

I only stayed for the minitures but these new ones look Meh, so i might also just subsrribe for a month and binge watch whatever is new next summer

On 8/16/2023 at 5:28 PM, Doghouse said:

I think I'll carry on waiting till they have more stuff on there. The Kasrkin could be a nice model.

Very odd to see they're leaving comments open on their Youtube videos now and responding to them.

All comments are pre approved before be published and heavily censored.  Nothing negative allowed.  See Auspex Tactics new video about his experiment.

https://youtu.be/FI9onY0jjYg

3 hours ago, crimsondave said:

All comments are pre approved before be published and heavily censored.  Nothing negative allowed.  See Auspex Tactics new video about his experiment.

Yeah, the way they're handling the comments it'd be better if they kept them turned off altogether.

8 hours ago, Dark Shepherd said:

Or at least say theyre moderated

They're not "moderated" though. They're actively censored out of every shred of negative feedback. And even worse - if you gave negative feedback at least once and got your comment hidden, you can't see it was hidden, nobody else can see it and you get shadow banned - no further comments from you will ever be visible.

That's ltierally the worst version of undeclared censorship.

Edited by Kastor Krieg

15 hours ago, crimsondave said:

Just saw that funnily enough but to be fair I wasn't really expecting much more than that, the outright censorship of wrong think shouldn't have shocked me but kind of did. Makes the whole thing seem like a sleazy shallow gesture which is why the only feedback I'll give is to avoid watching them.

I was on the fence about getting WH+ for the app but think I will pass now.