Article here

First up we have a good amount of info on the Detachments of the codex, mainly the Crusher Stampede:

wc1ai68cLVrZ2f9I.jpg

d0Tws5ghEvnoqgVt.jpg

And the Vanguard Onslaught:

krorAejliulul15D.jpg

lUIvTmG2WXblYdVG.jpg

S93R6ZqS2gaVs494.jpg

And the names for the other 3 detachments:

ZnXnLcaEseRIefYA.jpg

Oufe2stY3dMNHH04.jpg

mdd0j1mcNewqGhLD.jpg

As has been the case so far:

Each Detachment offers your army unique benefits: a Detachment rule, four Enhancements, and six Stratagems. While some factions will find that the Detachment from their Index changes slightly when their Codex arrives, this is not the case for the Invasion Fleet, which functions exactly as it does now. 

It will be very interesting to see how things progress!

Edited by TrawlingCleaner

(Snip- my OP Sounded too hostile and confrontational. Fixing that.)

The Invasion Fleet detachment (ie. Index detachment) doesn't seem to be changing or going away according to the Warcom article.

Vanguard looks cool. I'm a big fan of Genestealer Purestrains, and giving them back Advance/ Charge is a big deal to me, so I look forward to that.

Edited by ThePenitentOne

2 minutes ago, danodan123 said:

So pretty much a detachment for monster, vanguard, psyker, tentacle? Swarm and all rounder lists.

Yep

Invasion Fleet - the all rounder.

Crusher Stampede - the monster mash with big gribblies.

Vanguard Onslaught - infiltrators and fast moving units ("units also include most flying creatures"), for those who want to get stuck in quick.

Unending Swarm - ALL the 'gaunts! Aims to really put the endless in the ENDLESS MULTITUDE keyword.

Assimilation Swarm - the article talks about the Haruspex, and I expect it involved the bio-organisms themed around getting new bio-mass for the Hive. So Haruspex, 

Synaptic Nexus - pskyer bio-organisms all the way.

Seen comments elsewhere of another:

Synaptic Nexus

At the start of each battle round, choose an imperative. All Tyranid units within synapse range benefit from this imperative. You cannot choose an imperative more than once per battle. The imperatives are:

+1 to hit in melee
+1 to advance and charge rolls
5++

28 minutes ago, Mogger351 said:

Synaptic Nexus

At the start of each battle round, choose an imperative. All Tyranid units within synapse range benefit from this imperative. You cannot choose an imperative more than once per battle. The imperatives are:

+1 to hit in melee
5++

So Nexus is basically Doctrines, seems easy enough.

13 hours ago, Mogger351 said:

Synaptic Nexus

+1 to hit in melee
5++

Awful if this is the Psychic nexus rules. I was excited for the potentual there, however nid psychic bugs want to be anywhere but melee. Even the Maleceptor cant even use it's psychic powers in melee (Blast). 

As it is, it seems a few zoans with loads of hormagaunts will benefit most from those rules. 

7 hours ago, Armchair Warlord said:

Pardon me for digressing slightly away from the main focus here.... But does anyone recognise these bits of scenery? I don't recall them, and am just wondering if they're new???

wN0dH0NcANPkj3Tn.jpg

It kinda looks like some of the LI/AT terrain from the mechanicus set. Would be surprised to see them mixing and matching between systems like that though (unless the photographers just grabbed some cool looking scatter terrain).

I really hope it does give us back Tank shock. It’s very annoying that they took it away from us.

Regarding Synaptic Nexus, I can only hope that there’s a caveat stating that the chosen power continues into the next round of it isn’t changed.

Otherwise it seems like a poor version of Marine Doctrines.

2 minutes ago, Zoatibix said:

Regarding Synaptic Nexus, I can only hope that there’s a caveat stating that the chosen power continues into the next round of it isn’t changed.

Otherwise it seems like a poor version of Marine Doctorines.

Agreed, Marines get one for every different round essentially. Here, nids have to do potentially half the game without them.