2 hours ago, Alternis said:

And yet, after watching it it’s given me clear reason why I wouldn’t use that detachment. 

Hardly a useless vid.

Tbf from what iv seen i think the default detachment is the most useful and may remain so unless monster mash wrecks again but standard has good options into most any army.  Will be interesting to see

Auspex has just put up another vid now, covering some stuff from the Assimilation Swarm and the Synaptic Nexus Detachments, along with some units and points changes.
And apparently a full video about the Codex will be coming "later today", tho I may have misheard that.

Sprues and Brews put up a more detailed look at the codex

Apparently there's a QR code at the points section at the end which will take you to the latest points for nids.

Crusade section at the end of the book

A new two page hobby spread near the combat patrol section aimed at new players showing how to paint Leviathan scheme with paint list.

All index units are the same barring updated weapon options on the Termagaunts and updated keywords on a few other things.

No new errata included which makes sense as these would have been printed before 10th even dropped.

The Sprues and Brews review of Crusade is encouraging- they shared my concern about the watering down of Crusade, and they assert quite confidently that this has not happened.

But they don't go very far; Biomass still exists, invasions still have multiple phases, and planets are still randomly generated.

No details about Agendas, Requisitions or Battle Honours. Also, no details about planet generation... Which is one of the ways I think previous Crusade material for Tyranids could have been improved. Both the Tau and GSC had a wider range of planet types than the Nids.

I look forward to the Goonhammer review- they'll devote an entire article just to the Crusade content, and they'll spill all the dirt. Having said that though, I'm pretty encouraged by what Sprues and Brews had to say, so thanks for sharing that.

15 hours ago, ZeroWolf said:

All index units are the same barring updated weapon options on the Termagaunts and updated keywords on a few other things.

And Bio/Pyrovores getting an extra wound with Biovores going up to a 3+ save and only one can spawn mines, Lictors losing the invulnerable save and the Genestealer Vanguard Predator rule to be re rolls of  1 to hit all the time and re roll 1 to wound on objectives, Tyrant Guard crushing claws lose an attack and become Twin Linked and bone cleaver losses Twin Linked and a few other changes. Oh and Ripper Swarms can be fielded in units of between 1 and 3 :biggrin:

Edited by Vardus
Genestealer rule change

1 hour ago, Vardus said:

And Bio/Pyrovores getting an extra wound with Biovores going up to a 3+ save and only one can spawn mines, Lictors losing the invulnerable save and the Genestealer Vanguard Predator rule to be re rolls of  1 to hit all the time and re roll 1 to wound on objectives, Tyrant Guard crushing claws lose an attack and become Twin Linked and bone cleaver losses Twin Linked and a few other changes. Oh and Ripper Swarms can be fielded in units of between 1 and 3 :biggrin:

Ah! So they're noticed the error with the Leviathan box then not allowing people to field their included Ripper Swarms then :laugh:

37 minutes ago, Redcomet said:

Got an email from my flgs. Delivery of my Nids is mid to late September, with late September being the safer bet. 

Better than some 3rd party sites I've seen which is saying delivery in late November 

The Goonhammer review is up.

It's a little bittersweet- it didn't get much worse (they say a little less flavour)- that's the good news. The less good news is that there aren't any signs of improvement either- for example, it doesn't look there's going to be any attempt to integrate the planet types with those found in the GSC or Tau books.

Agendas and battle honours are pretty much unchanged.

Here's the link if you're curious:

https://www.goonhammer.com/codex-tyranids-the-crusade-rules-review-2/

11 hours ago, ThePenitentOne said:

The Goonhammer review is up.

It's a little bittersweet- it didn't get much worse (they say a little less flavour)- that's the good news. The less good news is that there aren't any signs of improvement either- for example, it doesn't look there's going to be any attempt to integrate the planet types with those found in the GSC or Tau books.

Agendas and battle honours are pretty much unchanged.

Here's the link if you're curious:

https://www.goonhammer.com/codex-tyranids-the-crusade-rules-review-2/

Hey, I've sent you a PM about a possible tool for Crusade planet generation, just in case you missed it.

Nice, our subscriptions get actively worse the longer they go on as more codexes are released. Very disapointing and annoying decision. More evidence that GW just fundamentally doesn't get how digital environment works.

Its not quite the same as last edition, datasheets were visible to subscribers, but stuff like strategems and detachment abilities were locked to codex owners. Now everything is locked. The AoS app also continues to show unit stats in it.

11 hours ago, ZeroWolf said:

Same as last edition, except there's no cheap sub for just the app on its own

Not quite the same as all datasheets on their own were 'free' to view with or without the codex code. Very bad shift towards even a more backwards business model.

Pushing away ease of use, technology, and constant price hikes isnt how you get a new generation of customers