Legion Imperialis rulebook out in the wild.

23 minutes ago, Petitioner's City said:

I really don't believe that there was a messed up version, has anyone ever offered any proof of this? A screenshot? It just feels like urban legend at this point in time.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I find it very difficult to believe the incriminating evidence wouldn't have been posted by now if it were true. Considering how much stuff leaks these days, it's curious that none has shown anything of either the alleged quote or the supposedly terrible rules. 

We can have entire rulebooks leak, but not one photo of something apparently so damning? If there was a recall, that would be even more reason for somebody to take a few photos before sending it off again.

Edited by Lord Marshal

People had the book, people were told not to talk about it on pain of no more pre release gravy train. No idea why just yet but that all hangs together fairly obviously. The general public might not ever get a solid answer on whether it was understocked, riddled with misprints or nazi dogwhistles but any of the three feels equally likely to me sadly.

Stuff apparently accurately leaked from the book and ive personally seen peoples painted versions of the minis in the core box so some version has definitely been out and about but people not risking their career of access for internet clout hardly feels unlikely, especially as afaik SG is a lot more discerning in their previews compared to the main studio? Much easier to get caught and blacklisted.

From the poster, who promises to post photos tomorrow...

ITS TIME YOU LEAK HUNGRY NURGLINGS:

Primarchs: From what I can tell, Primarchs are nowhere to be seen… they might be added in later but at the moment they don’t exist in the rules. The only mention I could find of them In the rules section was in the Adeptus Astartes HQ detachments on page 141 which in its description said “space marine commanders are the mightiest warriors and battle leaders of the space marine legions, second only to the god-like Primarchs in martial skill and generalship”

Physic powers: Physic powers and physcers don’t exist in the game at this moment, not even for the thousand sons. They only got a special rule called “Kind shields: thousand sons models with this special rule gain the shield generator (6+) special rule”

More will be added to this post

It does say printed in the UK instead of China so should be the preprinted version

Also if thats true the delay shouldn't take that much longer. Very likely not in September as one reprinted book doesn't mean they have the tens of thousand they would need and then they still need to ship it around the world but October seems possible to me

Edited by Matrindur

7 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

It does say printed in the UK instead of China so should be the preprinted version

Also if thats true the delay shouldn't take that much longer. Very likely not in September as one reprinted book doesn't mean they have the tens of thousand they would need and then they still need to ship it around the world but October seems possible to me

They've done full printings before in the UK. I know my Space Marine and Necron Codices from 9E were printed in the UK.

Might be something they do when there's a quick turnaround needed or they can't get the volume they need from overseas.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

8 hours ago, Lord Marshal said:

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I find it very difficult to believe the incriminating evidence wouldn't have been posted by now if it were true. Considering how much stuff leaks these days, it's curious that none has shown anything of either the alleged quote or the supposedly terrible rules. 

We can have entire rulebooks leak, but not one photo of something apparently so damning? If there was a recall, that would be even more reason for somebody to take a few photos before sending it off again.

Especially considering how much other stuff leaks not intentionally either. Like didn't the Cities of Sigmar battletome leak a month ago? Certainly not intended by GW nor honouring any preview copy terms and conditions.

Another point is that whatever the bad quote might be doesn't have to be obvious. If some words have incorrect spelling that's something everyone can spot so we get it pretty often. If it's some strange rules interaction that breaks the game balance, that will only be spotted by people who have knowledge about the rules which is a smaller part than before. Now if for example its some code used for hatespeech, there is a miniscule chance for me to spot it even if I look for it as I simply don't know those codes. 

Now if you take the small percentage of people that get their hands on the books early, then take the small percentage of those people who would now about whatever the specific problem would be in this case and then take the even smaller percentage of those people who would leak them its not that surprising we still don't know what happened.

Obviously someone did find them, otherwise we would already have the book but they choose to not leak it and if its true that the books influencers got where recalled there should now be only a very small number of people with the books left. Again of that small number not everyone will try to find out what the problem was and not everyone wo found it would also leak it.

Its way easier to just leak some rules instead if you want to get some attention which did happen.

Here's the info that was posted so far.

More should be coming soon.

Primarchs: From what I can tell, Primarchs are nowhere to be seen… they might be added in later but at the moment they don’t exist in the rules. The only mention I could find of them In the rules section was in the Adeptus Astartes HQ detachments on page 141 which in its description said “space marine commanders are the mightiest warriors and battle leaders of the space marine legions, second only to the god-like Primarchs in martial skill and generalship”

Physic powers: Physic powers and physcers don’t exist in the game at this moment, not even for the thousand sons. They only got a special rule called “Kind shields: thousand sons models with this special rule gain the shield generator (6+) special rule”

49 minutes ago, Astartes Consul said:

Rumour was that a quote/bit of fluff accidentally included some kind of neo-Nazi phrase that was only spotted after printing.

TBF it's all just self reinforcing rumour mill stuff that a lot of people jump on to go "Stupid GW. Can't do anything right".

2 hours ago, matcap86 said:

TBF it's all just self reinforcing rumour mill stuff that a lot of people jump on to go "Stupid GW. Can't do anything right".

I can see multiple types of people wanting it to be true to reinforce their own position, for instance;

• the hard right winger that sees warhammer as an ode to right wing ideals and wants to think GW aligns with them
  • the hard left winger that sees warhammer as an ode to right wing ideals and wants to think GW is full of fascists
  • the hard right winger that sees warhammer as a mockery of right wing ideals and believes this is revealing them to be left wingers
  • the hard left winger that sees warhammer as a mockery of right wing ideals and believes this is GW calling actual fascists out
  • People that would think it'd be the pinnacle of hilarity

Repeat ad infinitum with almost any angle from corporate sabotage, political infiltration, nerds that forgot to not directly mention a current thing and thus date the product, etc. because gossiping is fun and anything is more exciting than simple quality issues.

3 hours ago, Astartes Consul said:

Rumour was that a quote/bit of fluff accidentally included some kind of neo-Nazi phrase that was only spotted after printing.

I heard that it was a mission called "For Blood and Honour", with Blud and Ehre (German translation) being the motto of the Hitler Youth, and that use of the German version is subject to legal penalty but English is not.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blut_und_Ehre

Whether there's any truth to that being in the book / the issue for delays, I have no further knowledge, but just what someone claimed. Sounds like a plausible phrase GW could've used accidentally though.

=][= 

Nothing is confirmed about the nature of the reprints besides the initial rumour. Let's not let this topic be consumed by potential political speak and leave it as one of the greatest mysteries of our time. If there's more information regarding this matter we'll cross that bridge as we come to it.

Besides, the only good politics is the internecine posturing between various institutions within the Imperium. 

Oh and Yes Minister/Yes Prime Minister was pretty good.

=][=

You can tell Idaho isn't a man of culture; he didn't even mention The Thick of It.

I'm genuinely looking forward to the LI release. If not solely for LI, but for what it entails for 28mm wargaming, given those juicy new CADs for the Leman Russ, Malcador and Aethon Heavy Sentinel.