Hi all

Sezarious

I'm new to the forums.  I originally played 40k in 4th and 5th, came back to the modelling and painting side of things.

I used to collect and play Orks, come back and now collecting them again, but also am getting into the Black Templar and Sisters of Battle and have started painting them.

I really enjoy strong, aggressive colours and like a lot of people, tend to be a big fan of melee heavy armies.

But I'm also a sucker for Farsight Enclave Tau (and their colour scheme).  I know a lot of people aren't big on their look in the 40k setting, but I also love Battletech as I recently discovered through Mechwarrior 5 and I MAY or may not have spent a bunch of money on the most recent Kickstarter for that (Though I'm sure MW5 has given me some bias, my favourite Light Mech is the Firestarter and my favourite Heavy would be the Annihilator).

I also bought some beautifully painted Firstborn Blood Angels recently secondhand.

I was originally planning on painting all my Orks up as Evil Sunz/Speed Freaks, but given the rules changes I may have a bit more fun and mix them up because I like the idea of a mixed Waaagh and I think it might be nice in terms of colour.

I'm wondering if I can learn a bit more about kitbashing here, as I've seen some really really amazing modifications here.  I also wanted to ask about where I could find more resources or info on conventional toymaking with tin cans etcs and how well that can translate to making Ork structures.  I'm talking, make a vintage model car out of soup cans style toymaking.  I'm just interested in at least learning the basics and seeing where it takes me.  From what I can see though, there's no really obvious dedicated online forum for that stuff, and maybe the best source of info is going to be in old books?

Edited by Sezarious

Welcome!

Certainly orks work well with kitbashing and scratchbuilding - check out this thread for some great examples.  As for techniques, your best bet would likely be either the PCA forum or the WIP forum - both starting your own threads and seeking advice from others who have posted their own work are both good ways to go about it.