Space Wolves Power Armour Praetor + New MKVI Upgrades

Nice helmets - but the usual is 9 regular helmets in 3 sets of 3, 1 special and 1 bareheaded. How come there's 4 sets now (3 sets of 2 and 1 set of 3?

2 "five breathing slits",

2 "five breathing slits and a forehead gem", 

2 "eight breathing slits"

3 "6 breathing slits".

1 hour ago, LSM said:

So the silly wolf heads are already scrubbed from ForgeWorld's site?

That's too bad - it feels like the two should have been able to coexist. 

There are no wolves on Fenris.

GW does listen sometimes! The new stuff looks cool. The plastic range always had an occasional relic 'full wolf' helmet so I understand why they thought a whole squad would be a good idea. But it wasn't.

Like the preator overall, but the patterns on the armour don't really feel like the celtic knotwork, jagged knotwork, runes or wolf markings we have seen on the 30k or 40k Space wolves before, feels a bit from the left field for me.  Not saying that they are uglly but I would not think SW if I saw that body without head and arms. 

Like the unhelmetd MKVI head but the helmet ones don't really feels like anything we have seen for the Wolves, either in 30k or 40k. The wolf-helmets fit them better in my opinion. 

1 hour ago, Triszin said:

It was the fact they sold almost none.

Do we know this or just assumptions? 

1 hour ago, Captain Idaho said:

The wolf helms were just awful. An embarrassing lack in quality and theme for a company supposedly top of the industry.

We will have to disagree here. I liked them and it fits with that one of the first SW models they did (back in 1ed) had a wolf helmet.

1 hour ago, LSM said:

So the silly wolf heads are already scrubbed from ForgeWorld's site?

That's too bad - it feels like the two should have been able to coexist. 

They disappeared 3~ weeks ago

8 minutes ago, Gamiel said:

Like the preator overall, but the patterns on the armour don't really feel like the celtic knotwork, jagged knotwork, runes or wolf markings we have seen on the 30k or 40k Space wolves before, feels a bit from the left field for me.  Not saying that they are uglly but I would not think SW if I saw that body without head and arms. 

Like the unhelmetd MKVI head but the helmet ones don't really feels like anything we have seen for the Wolves, either in 30k or 40k. The wolf-helmets fit them better in my opinion. 

Do we know this or just assumptions? 

We will have to disagree here. I liked them and it fits with that one of the first SW models they did (back in 1ed) had a wolf helmet.

The engraved knotwork is inline with 30k knotwork on wolves.

Its on previous 30k torsos and on the decal sheet.

Also on some old art.

I'm.all for this. Also good to move away from modern day rune/knotwork and make something neat

Knotwork is certainly in line, its just usually better than this, the chest design in particular is pretty bad, trying for some techno-ish vibes? Id rather see some actual fine detailing to take advantage of the resin.

20 minutes ago, Gamiel said:

Room for all opinions on this and any other 30K/40K subject.

1 hour ago, The4thHorseman said:

I don't know why, but this model is really giving 3rd party vibes.

I mean scibor miniatures in particular.

celtic_2p_03.jpg

Don't completely agree here but I think it's to do with the new MK3, some things are just a bit off about that design, and they're integrating it into all the new characters. Same commentary was given for the new traitor champion model. 

Also think it might be the exaggerated "heroic scale" they chose to go with with the characters, with them being larger and having (even more) oversized weapons. 

Edited by matcap86

27 minutes ago, Triszin said:

The engraved knotwork is inline with 30k knotwork on wolves.

Its on previous 30k torsos and on the decal sheet.

Also on some old art.

Can you link or post which figures/pictures with knotwork you are thinking of? Becouse I did a quick look throung FW's SW figures and did not see it.

13 minutes ago, Noserenda said:

trying for some techno-ish vibes?

Was thinking the same thing

Edited by Gamiel

6 minutes ago, Triszin said:

See this.

My quick 2 second search

You can also blame me.

My wolves

Screenshot_20230921-114151.png

Screenshot_20230921-114124.png

zFRMsrC.jpg

I can see it for the transfears beside the red wolf head, but when it comes to the chests would I say that those are a different styles of knotwork to the one on the preator.