Space Wolves Power Armour Praetor + New MKVI Upgrades

Just now, Nephaston said:

To me it seems the knot work on the chest is supposed to be a stylized rop part of a wolf head baring it's teeth. You can see the eyes, the nostrils, and the folding skin of the snout.

Myself I thought it could be a variant of the knotwork dubble eagle we see on his backbanner. But i'm not certain.

3 hours ago, Nephaston said:

To me it seems the knot work on the chest is supposed to be a stylized rop part of a wolf head baring it's teeth. You can see the eyes, the nostrils, and the folding skin of the snout.

3 hours ago, Gamiel said:

Myself I thought it could be a variant of the knotwork dubble eagle we see on his backbanner. But i'm not certain.

this design has been on the 30k Wolves decal sheet forever. They have a bunch that are sized to go on the old MKIII minis. 

image.png.dabb93dc8bfbba5a2133b405fb4e7ad5.png

look good on primaris legs too

image.png.9c60700e838364c866ef16bd4a7bb8a4.png

Edited by Wispy

1 hour ago, Wispy said:

this design has been on the 30k Wolves decal sheet forever. They have a bunch that are sized to go on the old MKIII minis. 

image.png.dabb93dc8bfbba5a2133b405fb4e7ad5.png

look good on primaris legs too

image.png.9c60700e838364c866ef16bd4a7bb8a4.png

I think you are right, but I admit having a hard time seeing the stylished wolf-heads that you see on the transfears on the preator's chest

Edited by Gamiel

At GW HQ: "People don't like our Space Wolf helmets, Quick check on Cults to see what other people are doing." 

Nice Preator though jokes aside. Mk 2 collar, Layered leg plating. New style armour but checks all the older space wolf aesthetic boxes. Sad to see the wolf heads go though I feel they had a place on officers just not on line troops. The old metal captain had one and the 40k plastic kit has one. I imagine they'd probably look good on the command squad whenever they come out or at least minor officers like a legion champion, vigilator, moritat etc. 

42 minutes ago, OttoVonAwesome said:

At GW HQ: "People don't like our Space Wolf helmets, Quick check on Cults to see what other people are doing." 

Nice Preator though jokes aside. Mk 2 collar, Layered leg plating. New style armour but checks all the older space wolf aesthetic boxes. Sad to see the wolf heads go though I feel they had a place on officers just not on line troops. The old metal captain had one and the 40k plastic kit has one. I imagine they'd probably look good on the command squad whenever they come out or at least minor officers like a legion champion, vigilator, moritat etc. 

Had completely missed the MK II style collar! Nice.

7 hours ago, LSM said:

So the silly wolf heads are already scrubbed from ForgeWorld's site?

That's too bad - it feels like the two should have been able to coexist. 

Gee-Dubbs forgot the HH crowd doesn´t take goofiness as well as the 40K community. Well, don´t praise the day before the evening. There is still a chance Wolf Lord Wolferson will ride into battle on a grav sled pulled by winged wolves.

I love the MKIII head - I want to use it for my Primaris.

I've dreamed of gold rimming around the eyes to give it a viking helm look for a long time. They did it with the Space Wolves contemptor but ruined the look by making one of the eyes bionic. 

I suppose we can expect chapter specific MKIII heads like thatto accompany the new armour release? 

Looks more Anglo-Saxon than Viking, but that's even better, as SW are supposed to have a few historic cultures influencing their design.

* It definitely looks inspired by the Sutton Hoo Anglo-Saxon helmet, which is a perfect artifact to inspire Space Wolf design.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

39 minutes ago, sitnam said:

I don't like Space Wolves (blame Abnett) or the Heresy, but that praetor does look pretty nice. Is every legion supposed to get their own praetor?

Yes, they are. Though that's going to take a while now if GW keeps doing a loyalist and traitor version of every consul. The wait continues. 

1 hour ago, sitnam said:

I don't like Space Wolves (blame Abnett)

*wet leopard growl*

If you wanna see SW degraded to new lows you have to read Wolftime, that Gavin fellow really knows how to turn centuries old warrior kings (or millenia in case of that big baby Björn) into petulant children. But back to topic;

1 hour ago, sitnam said:

Is every legion supposed to get their own praetor?

Two actually, one in power armour and one in terminator armour. Afaik World Eaters, Salamanders, Iron Hands, Iron Warriors, and Raven Guard do not have any yet, TS and (now formerly) SW only had terminator ones, probably because of Geigor and Ahriman in plastic, Everyone else has both, though the Blood Angels power armour one is temporarily out of stock for a while now.

32 minutes ago, Nephaston said:

If you wanna see SW degraded to new lows you have to read Wolftime, that Gavin fellow really knows how to turn centuries old warrior kings (or millenia in case of that big baby Björn) into petulant children

I liked the book and thouhgt it fit what was already established. 

Edited by Gamiel

11 hours ago, WrathOfTheLion said:

Looks more Anglo-Saxon than Viking, but that's even better, as SW are supposed to have a few historic cultures influencing their design.

* It definitely looks inspired by the Sutton Hoo Anglo-Saxon helmet, which is a perfect artifact to inspire Space Wolf design.

The similarities with the Sutton Hoo helmet are slight when compared to a simple viking helmet with glasses and camail. IMO.

It doesn't have the glorious facial hair for starters