Kill Team: Salvation (Striking Scorpions vs Primaris Scouts)

I half-watched the WH+ Battle Report on my commute home and enjoyed the 3 tier kill zone more than I though I would. 

Was at any good? I'm not qualified to say as my games with my son are 'lite' rules.

<removed criticism after consideration>

Mandiblasters were cool. 

They used solely Striking Scorpions and the Scouts were painted up as Ultramarines - presumably for the boxes.

Edit: re-watched and enjoyed the game more. 

As well as as a Scouting phase, there was a 'scouting action' for the Scouts.

I liked the team actions for the Scouts - 'guidance and experience' APL sharing for the Sergeant. 'Target Marking' for the sniper - bit like using the Pechra for the Kroot?

Not that sold on the terrain other than the ability to have three different levels.

Edited by Rusted Boltgun
Expanded view

If it's of interest to anyone in the UK, I've had confirmation from Dark Sphere that my register of interest will be fulfilled, despite me filling in my request at least a couple of weeks after DS opened their register. Hopefully that bodes well for stock volumes!

(DS opened their register on 24th October, and I didn't add my name to the register until around the 12th November. In the past registering that late usually meant not getting it!)

8 hours ago, RWJP said:

If it's of interest to anyone in the UK, I've had confirmation from Dark Sphere that my register of interest will be fulfilled, despite me filling in my request at least a couple of weeks after DS opened their register. Hopefully that bodes well for stock volumes!

(DS opened their register on 24th October, and I didn't add my name to the register until around the 12th November. In the past registering that late usually meant not getting it!)

What the hell. I registered on 25 October and got told I hadn't had one allocated :huh:

3 hours ago, Halandaar said:

What the hell. I registered on 25 October and got told I hadn't had one allocated :huh:

That's very odd.

Have you had to cancel on any Registers recently? DS can be quite picky on that as I understand it. If you have to cancel on a Register after they allocate you get blacklisted for a while.

14 hours ago, RWJP said:

That's very odd.

Have you had to cancel on any Registers recently? DS can be quite picky on that as I understand it. If you have to cancel on a Register after they allocate you get blacklisted for a while.

I actually checked this with them simply because I was on their registers this year for Seraphon, Cities of Sigmar and Leviathan, got allocated for all three and paid for all three, and those were the most recent ones so I couldn't see how there would be a black mark.

Turns out it was back from KT Into the Dark, was allocated and didn't pay (I just straight up forgot I'd signed up to the register so never checked for allocation email and ended up buying from elsewhere) - They said that the stock GW gave given them for Salvation is much tighter than it was for Cities, Seraphon etc which is why something from over a year ago counted against me this time.

12 hours ago, Halandaar said:

I actually checked this with them simply because I was on their registers this year for Seraphon, Cities of Sigmar and Leviathan, got allocated for all three and paid for all three, and those were the most recent ones so I couldn't see how there would be a black mark.

Turns out it was back from KT Into the Dark, was allocated and didn't pay (I just straight up forgot I'd signed up to the register so never checked for allocation email and ended up buying from elsewhere) - They said that the stock GW gave given them for Salvation is much tighter than it was for Cities, Seraphon etc which is why something from over a year ago counted against me this time.

Damn, I knew they were pretty strict but over a year sucks, especially when you've purchased three products since!

Well, fingers crossed you're able to find it elsewhere.

4 hours ago, Waaagh? said:

Shame the kit only comes with one Sniper dude. Know it matches the 40k rules now but was hoping this kit might be a nice place to harvest snipers and capes for Recon Marine kitbashes for30k. 

I honestly don't know why they switched to 1 in 5. Makes 4 dudes utterly redundant. 

6 hours ago, 01RTB01 said:

I honestly don't know why they switched to 1 in 5. Makes 4 dudes utterly redundant. 

Because Eliminators exist now and have for 5 years now. 

With all the Phobos stuff, the niche Scouts used to occupy is long gone. But the designs and models get to live on thanks to Kill Team. 

Edited by Wispy

9 hours ago, RWJP said:

Damn, I knew they were pretty strict but over a year sucks, especially when you've purchased three products since!

Well, fingers crossed you're able to find it elsewhere.

Agreed over a year feels pretty punitive but I understand they've got to find some way to make it as fair as possible when they aren't getting as many copies as they want/need. The fact that they're going back that far looking for issues suggests to me that they are not getting a whole lot of copies.

2 minutes ago, Halandaar said:

Agreed over a year feels pretty punitive but I understand they've got to find some way to make it as fair as possible when they aren't getting as many copies as they want/need. The fact that they're going back that far looking for issues suggests to me that they are not getting a whole lot of copies.

For sure, they have a number of copies and a pool of interested people and they need to find reasons to narrow that pool down until both are equal. So having to look back a whole year with three other fulfilled orders in the meantime should mean this one will be a really small allocation 

49 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

For sure, they have a number of copies and a pool of interested people and they need to find reasons to narrow that pool down until both are equal. So having to look back a whole year with three other fulfilled orders in the meantime should mean this one will be a really small allocation 

It could also be that the allocation numbers are similar overall to Cities, Seraphon etc, just there's more interest for Kill Team.

But whichever way you slice it, the retailer are not getting enough copies of the product to meet the level of demand, so that doesn't bode well for people trying to pick one up out in the wild.

3 hours ago, Halandaar said:

But whichever way you slice it, the retailer are not getting enough copies of the product to meet the level of demand, so that doesn't bode well for people trying to pick one up out in the wild.

...and once more I am put off that bit more generally from buying GW products for the potential FOMO style releases they keep doing, even for releases I'm not interested in it annoys me so much!

I can get that on release it will be hard to get but I really wish they would actually give everyone who wants one a chance to buy it. for kill team I would expect the current season boxset to be available for that season. 

I should thank them really as I should be diverting my money elsewhere anyway.

18 hours ago, Waaagh? said:

Shame the kit only comes with one Sniper dude. Know it matches the 40k rules now but was hoping this kit might be a nice place to harvest snipers and capes for Recon Marine kitbashes for30k. 

From the article:

All of the options are packed into a five-man sprue, so you can double up on your favourite bits and build every operative available to the kill team without needing to make hard decisions like “Do I equip my Sergeant with a chainsword or a shotgun?”.

This also means that Warhammer 40,000 players can build the complete set of options for a 10-man Scout Squad, including two sniper rifles and whichever two heavy weapons they like the most.

The confirmation that’s the scouts sprue me are 2x 5 man squads makes this more dangerous for me. I need new scouts for an army project and I’m always tempted to get craftworld models, as while I haven’t made an army I’m happy with, I love the aeldari models and aesthetic. Looks like this is the edition I finally dive into kill team properly. 

Edited by Casual Heresy

On 12/12/2023 at 6:06 PM, TheMawr said:

All this talk of cake makes me hungry :p

On the subject of another speculation-discussion thats going round and round about this season :

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/12/12/whats-new-in-kill-team-salvation/

Lots of emphasis on vertical advantage and special movement advantages... like flight. The season campaign map also has a lot of areas that is only accesible for flight... but I dont know if the campaign map works so literal... no point in firing that discussion up without more info first though.

What the campaign map really makes me curious about is... if we will get Admech boats terrain (F1, E1, A4/B4 )

ugTKmBcwNFijsvWP.jpg

I know its just an image ( and a rather abstract one at that)... but it would be a very interesting 40k terrain piece to have a "civilian" element like that. ( like the imperium train that was once made ? Ive seen some rare pictures but wasnt "around" the hobby at the time... however I rarely see people talk about it.)

Looks like a seamap from the game total annihalation.

But also interested in possible boats.

It's I think the only medium we do not have transportation in.

5 minutes ago, Brother Carpenter said:

Looks like a seamap from the game total annihalation.

But also interested in possible boats.

It's I think the only medium we do not have transportation in.

That will fill the only niche we don't have. Marine Marines. :teehee: